Special Teams (3)
K - Crosby
P - O'Donnell
LS - Coco

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
We still have like a million TEs.
We have Tonyan, Deguara, Lewis, Davis and now some dude named Becker. Not a strength position on the team as it currently stands.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not worried about TE. It could be better sure. I'm more concerned about the O line. If that jells; some of those TEs might end up being wide open. I'm not convinced Davis can actually catch a ball during a game though.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not worried about TE. It could be better sure. I'm more concerned about the O line. If that jells; some of those TEs might end up being wide open. I'm not convinced Davis can actually catch a ball during a game though.

releasing Dafney should make folks feel better because that IMO at least cements the team feels Tonyan is ready to go.

D

Deleted member 6794

Offensive(25)
QB (2) - Rodgers, Love
RB (3) - Dillon, Jones, Goodson
TE (5) - Tonyan, Deguara, Lewis, Davis, Dafney
WR (6) - Cobb, Lazard, Rodgers, Watkins, Watson, Doubs
OL (9) - Jenkins, Runyan, Myers, Hanson, Newman, Nijman, Rhyan, Tom, Van Lanen

Defensive (25)
DL (5) - Clark, Reed, Wyatt, Lowry, Slaton
OLB (5) - Gary, Smith, Enagbare, Hamilton, Galeai
ILB (4) - Campbell, Walker, Barnes, McDuffie
S (5) - Savage, Amos, Carpenter, Scott, Gaines
CB (6) - Alexander, Douglas, Stokes, SJC, Nixon, Gafford

Special Teams (3)
K - Crosby
P - O'Donnell
LS - Coco

Dafney was released by the Packers yesterday. In addition I'm surprised there are still many fans out there expecting Shawn Davis to not make the initial roster.

Bakhtiari and Jenkins being able to play would definitely be beneficial for the tight end group as well. It would result in them not having to help out blocking as much.

releasing Dafney should make folks feel better because that IMO at least cements the team feels Tonyan is ready to go.

I don't think there's any truth to that. In my opinion it indicates the Packers are close to acquiring Travis Kelce for a case of Miller Lite ;)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there's any truth to that. In my opinion it indicates the Packers are close to acquiring Travis Kelce for a case of Miller Lite ;)

You and I both know it would be Leinenkugel's and most likely a limited seasonal type. LOL

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They did, they included Mahomes but the Pack refused to give up Love in the new deal.

Reaction score
Well it would be on the Way to Green Bay if he wouldn’t mind.
Also make sure they know upfront, in that Kelsey-Miller trade we can offer Miller Genuine Draft picks

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well every week I'll amend my projection at this point....few shifts thanks to PUP news needed and Wirtel cut since of course:

Offensive
QB (2)-Rodgers, Love
RB (3)-Dillon, Jones, Goodson Hill*PUP*
TE (4)-Tonyan, Deguara, Lewis, Dafney
WR (6)-Cobb, Lazard, Rodgers, Watkins, Watson, Doubs
OL (9)-Jenkins, Myers, Runyan, Newman, Ryhan, Tom, Bahktiari*PUP*, Nijman, Van Lanen, Hanson

Defensive
DL (6) - Clark. Reed, Wyat, Lowry, Slaton, Heflin
OLB (5) - Gary, Smith, Enagbare, Garvin, Tipa
ILB (5) - Campbell, Walker, Barnes, Brooks, McDuffie
S (5) - Savage, Amos, Scott, Davis, Gaines
CB (5) - Alexander, Douglas, Stokes, SJC, Nixon

Special Teams
ST (3)
K-Crosby
P-O'Donnel
LS-Coco

To me the toughest thing is trying to figure out 2 of five spots out of keeping a 7th WR, a 4th TE, a 5th ILB, 5th Safety, 6th CB

1.) DL - WHICH Slaton we have 2.

2. OL - I think Hanson is gone. I also as much as I wanna see Badgers in the NFL I don't think Van Laanen is there.

3.) I hope that you didn't list WR based on their spot on the depth chart. Also I think somehow we upgrade this position. I look at this room and don't see a concrete #1.

4.) RB Williams over Hill

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

2. OL - I think Hanson is gone. I also as much as I wanna see Badgers in the NFL I don't think Van Laanen is there.

3.) I hope that you didn't list WR based on their spot on the depth chart. Also I think somehow we upgrade this position. I look at this room and don't see a concrete #1.

I agree Williams is the 3rd best back. I hope Gluten can pull something off to add a viable #1 WR. My concern is that Rodgers blows a brain vein in the middle of a lot of drops, missed routes. I have no idea who that might be. Do you have any ideas? It would have to be a trade. At this point, I'd be ok giving up some draft capital for a worthy WR.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Williams is the 3rd best back. I hope Gluten can pull something off to add a viable #1 WR. My concern is that Rodgers blows a brain vein in the middle of a lot of drops, missed routes. I have no idea who that might be. Do you have any ideas? It would have to be a trade. At this point, I'd be ok giving up some draft capital for a worthy WR.
It could turn out it's Watson but it's a SHOW ME situation with him. Other rosters...who knows who is available and at what cost?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1 - we have one Slaton

2 - Hanson literally was the starting RG most of camp until of late. He has a spot clearly unless we had someone or Bakh comes back and we have the luxury of tackles with Newman being a guard backup or starter depending.

3 - since it is a discussion of 53 man, order has zero point to it.

4 - Williams over Hill. Hill at this point is on PUP and isn’t part of the convo. But Williams is not making the roster he’s been cut from and not even put on PS from. I think he may make PS but anyone not thinking Goodson over him hasn’t watched preseason or stayed up on reports out of camp. Dude can catch and his delivering amazingly good yards per touch. Taylor is probably more of a priority to keep around than Dexter to those in management.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 - we have one Slaton

2 - Hanson literally was the starting RG most of camp until of late. He has a spot clearly unless we had someone or Bakh comes back and we have the luxury of tackles with Newman being a guard backup or starter depending.

3 - since it is a discussion of 53 man, order has zero point to it.

4 - Williams over Hill. Hill at this point is on PUP and isn’t part of the convo. But Williams is not making the roster he’s been cut from and not even put on PS from. I think he may make PS but anyone not thinking Goodson over him hasn’t watched preseason or stayed up on reports out of camp. Dude can catch and his delivering amazingly good yards per touch. Taylor is probably more of a priority to keep around than Dexter to those in management.
Where did Goodson come from? I haven't watched the PS games but it sure sounds from you like he's tearing it up. That's good. GB needs to keep the "food chain" of good backs well stocked. It's a crucial part of MLF's strategy, and Gluten has done a good job drafting (although Jones came from TT, right?). Anyway, I'll pay more attention to Goodson. Thanks for the update.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could turn out it's Watson but it's a SHOW ME situation with him. Other rosters...who knows who is available and at what cost?
Yeah Watson's first round status won't mean anything if he doesn't produce next week. I still don't know how he injured his knee, or what the injury was.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With 5 more players getting cut by Tuesday afternoon I think the Tyler Davis (TE) experiment is over. He's been lowest rated (per PFF) offensive player 2 weeks in a row. Others buried on the depth chart who may join his exit are: DL Ford, OLB Manac, ILB Summers, RB Taylor or Williams, WR Hyman, and/or DE Byers. MLF still needs to field a team this week so availability & numbers at a position needs to factor into the cuts.

Last edited: