1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

5 Packers To Play In World Bowl XIV

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tromadz, May 23, 2006.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    5 Packers will play in the World Bowl Saturday

Packers in NFLEL - End of regular season statistics
    *S Atari Bigby (Amsterdam Admirals) -
    Started all 10 contests at free safety and finished with a team-high 61 tackles (43 solo), with one interception among four passes defensed...Also posted five tackles on special teams
    Week 10 vs. Hamburg - Started and tallied three tackles (one solo)

*WR Vince Butler (Amsterdam Admirals) -
    Played in all 10 games as a reserve WR and made 13 catches for 174 yards and one rush for 13 yards.
    Week 10 vs. Hamburg - Caught three balls for 66 yards, with a game-long 45-yard reception.

CB Therrian Fontenot (Rhein Fire) -
    Started six games at left cornerback and logged 24 tackles (23 solo) and two interceptions among nine passes defensed...Was dubbed Defensive Player of the Week for Week 2 after a two-interception performance in a 22-0 shutout of Berlin.
    Week 10 vs. Cologne - Posted one solo tackle and one pass defensed.

*TE Tory Humphrey (Amsterdam Admirals) -
    Has started 10 contests at tight end, finishing fourth on the team with 19 catches for 206 yards and one TD.
    Week 10 vs. Hamburg - Started and led the team with 59 receiving yards on four catches.

*WR Chad Lucas (Amsterdam Admirals) -
    Started nine of 10 games at wide receiver...Finished the regular season with a NFLEL-leading eight touchdowns; was second on the team in receptions with 27 for 440 yards...Was awarded Offensive Player of the Week for Week 4 after catching a league-record four touchdowns in a 38-31 victory over the Berlin Thunder; he finished the game with six catches for 120 yards.
    Week 10 vs. Hamburg - Played, but did not record any receptions.

*DT Jerome Nichols (Frankfurt Galaxy) -
    Started all 10 games at left defensive tackle, tied for a league-leading six sacks, while also logging 29 tackles (27 solo), plus a forced fumble and five passes defensed.
    Week 10 at Berlin - Started and made three solo tackles and two passes defensed.

C Pete Traynor (Rhein Fire) -
    Started nine games at center
    Week 10 vs. Cologne - Started at center and helped the team rush for 211 yards.

QB Brian Wrobel (Berlin Thunder) -
    Serving as backup, completed 28 of 60 passes for 293 yards, with one touchdown and three interceptions, for a passer rating of 46.0...Ran 16 times for 42 yards and one TD.
    Week 10 vs. Frankfurt - Completed 11 of 17 passes for 124 yards, with one interception...Rushed three times for 19 yards.

* Will play Saturday in World Bowl XIV

World Bowl XIV TV Schedule (NFL Network)
    Saturday, May 27, 2006
    Amsterdam vs. Frankfurt at Dusseldorf, Germany, 11:00 AM (CT), Live
    --------------------------

With no football to watch, I will catch this game. #1, it is football, #2, We get to see some of the Packers up and comers(Chad Lucas).

I need football! And boobies!

2. tonytokes

tonytokes Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    nice to hear about chad lucas... anyone have any info on jerome nichols? he sounds promising.

3. TheStone

TheStone Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    He plays quite good over here, were O-lines (besides WRs) are the worst part of it.
    They don't have the time to gel and therefore they always have big holes.

We better take a good look at Atari Bigby. He's everywhere!! Wherever the
    ball goes, he's there first.

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Wish i had NFL network!!!
    What time does the game start? (Central time)Maybe i can catch it at the Charcoal Grille......they always have NFL network on.

5. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheesey, I believe they videostream it for free at nfl.com...

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Ok.....looks like i answered my own question.......i checked the Packers site, and it says 11am central time.

7. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i would watch it if i had nfl network

8. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If Chad Lucas proves to backup his NFL Europe play he has a realistic shot at a roster spot.

9. LambeauEast

LambeauEast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I just can't believe the NFLE has been around 14 years. That must mean the arena league is going on 20-25 by now.