49ers -- NFCCG (who'da thunk these 2 teams in August)

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can only imagine how testy Saints fans are. That's rough.
They are very...defensive for lack of better words. They also like to play the victim card alot from my experience and observation. I get the impression they REALLY wanted us to lose this week because they were blaming the officiating in regards to some of the plays and when I chimed back, they revoked my privileges from talking on the thread in regards to the game. They really don't like Rodgers for some reason, and I think they really don't want to see him win a second ring.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are very...defensive for lack of better words. They also like to play the victim card alot from my experience and observation. I get the impression they REALLY wanted us to lose this week because they were blaming the officiating in regards to some of the plays and when I chimed back, they revoked my privileges from talking on the thread in regards to the game. They really don't like Rodgers for some reason, and I think they really don't want to see him win a second ring.

I feel it. They were upset with the PI non call in week 17 vs the Seahawks because it put SF as the 1 seed and put them in the game they lost top begin with.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Don't be a candy *** with this "Ewwww" stuff. You started it by being a snotty pants to me. :roflmao:

Then again, I might have started the whole thing by inferring that all 49'er fans on the internet were bandwagon jumping kiddies. For my role in instigating same, I offer my apologies for being a poop.

They must be used to hearing that from Seahawk fans... But there was not a groundswell of indignation - I'm confused.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
LOL.

Nah, not at all. Just sayin I came to talk football. If nobody is interested I can leave. It's your site. I'm just a guest.

Nooooo... Hang around ... But what in the sam of hell are you doing with my alien?

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm watching a few of these highlights, particularly San Fran's loss against Atlanta, and throughout the game The Falcons would keep moving Julio in different areas to exploit favorable matchups. I can see us doing something similar in regards to Davante. Granted I'm sure San Fran will likely anticipate this, but I'm confident that Adams route running and play making ability will shine through. We have to get him started early. Also looking at some other highlights, and I've noticed they are not necessarily the best at defending slants, almost every video I saw the opposing team always scores on them that way in some form or fashion.

Another thing I think that would benefit is utilizing Jones the same way we did in the game against KC and the way we got into position to beat Detroit. Have him in the back along with Rodgers to assist with blocking, however if things start crumbling, Jones immediately bails and Rodgers dumps the ball off to him. It won't necessarily work all the time, but I think more times than not it will result in positive yardage. Rodgers can't afford to take unnecessary sacks. He'll have to know that the clock is ticking with this pass rush, especially if we're 3rd and long. If that happens I expect them to blitz.

This goes without saying, but we have to be disciplined on ST as San Fran's ST is pretty good. We can't afford to give them short yardage otherwise it's going to be a long day for us.

That's what's driving me nuts lately. I keep yelling at Rodgers, Snap the ball. Snap the ball. In the last 2 seasons I think I've seen more delay of game penalties than I have in the other years. I also wish he would stop trying to draw the DL off-sides. Hardly anyone falls for that anymore and it wastes time. But what do I know?:confused:

Seattle49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's what's driving me nuts lately. I keep yelling at Rodgers, Snap the ball. Snap the ball. In the last 2 seasons I think I've seen more delay of game penalties than I have in the other years. I also wish he would stop trying to draw the DL off-sides. Hardly anyone falls for that anymore and it wastes time. But what do I know?:confused:

Rogers used to be one of the best at it but it seems like everyone is onto it so now its just annoying.

I did notice he snapped the ball late, so did the Hawks, they always do. Difference is other teams get called for it.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nooooo... Hang around ... But what in the sam of hell are you doing with my alien?

LOL. I think we've had this conversation before. :) I've used our awesome alien since I was a teenager (which is longer ago than I'd care to admit).

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Packers Wednesday injury report:

Did not Participate:

Geronimo Allison (illness)
Jimmy Graham (veteran rest)
Ryan Grant (personal)

Limited Participation:

Bryan Bulaga (veteran rest)
Kenny Clark (back)
Allen Lazard (ankle)
Marcedes Lewis (veteran rest)
Preston Smith (ankle)
Billy Turner (ankle)
Danny Vitale (knee)
Tramon Williams (veteran rest)

Full Participation:

Adrian Amos (chest)
Blake Martinez (hand)

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would STILL like them to make their way over to the West Coast immediately. The quicker they are over there, the quicker they can adjust.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the first time I've seen you make a post this week and you're complaining about their being too many Niner fans on the week when our team plays?
Yeah, I always thought Packer fans prided themselves on being hospitable and respectful to fans of other teams, especially at Lambeau Field. I see no reason why we should do otherwise here. There are enough @sshats in the world already. If they were acting trollish, it would be another matter, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

H

HardRightEdge

It's a Team Game, NFCC Edition

I have the Packers as 6.1 point dogs in this game, effectively +6 1/2.

SF -3.0 for home field
SF -2.6 for superior Red Zone performance based on blended offensive and defensive frequency and performance

The Packers Red Zone TD% is better than the 49ers offensively, and very slightly better on defense, however SF's offense gets there more often and keeps the opponent out of there more often to a signifcant degree. The ability to move the ball between the 20's and stop the opponent between the 20's, i.e., 3rd down conversions on offense and defense, is reflected in Red Zone frequency and is not accorded any separate point calculation.

SF -1.1 for 20+ yard TDs

The 49ers supriority in big strike TDs is wider than the Packers superiority in preventing them.

SF +0.9 for inferior turnover differential

SF +0.3 for 4th. down superiority on both sides of the ball.

Vegas consensus is +7 1/2 points, not inefficient enough in my estimation as to be outside the margin for error.

I think the Packers are going to need a ST score or +2 on turnovers to keep this close.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
If this is your "altered" ego I'm outta here

I don't do that stuff anymore. I'm an old man lacking modern "trollability".... used up all that talent pretty quickly after Al Gore invented the internet.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another important note in regards to this game is Rodgers not getting low snaps when the ball is hiked, there we dozens of times where he got the ball on a low snap and thus he needed a bit of extra time. And clock managing is going to be crucial we can't afford to burn unnecessary time outs.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't be a candy ass with this "Ewwww" stuff. You started it by being a snotty pants to me. :roflmao:

. . . my apologies for being a poop.

They must be used to hearing that from Seahawk fans... But there was not a groundswell of indignation - I'm confused.
Again with the feces?

Can somebody please get this old guy some fiber?

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He used the word “could” I really don’t think it was that hard to understand his point... I got it on the first read. Don’t try and over complicate things. He was simply saying that division games are a different animal. That’s something that many of us have said in here many times before.

Bingo!

I'm shocked at how hard this is for some to understand.
If I remember correctly, we never lead the Lions in either game until the game winning score at the end. Division games are the Super Bowl for the teams with no hope of playoffs.

H

HardRightEdge

The key for the Packers is controlling the middle of the field on defense which has not exactly been a strength this season. And they better put on their tackling pads. Kittle and Samuel will break tackles and YAC you to death over the middle if you're not teed up to stop it.

This puts some onus on Martinez. Martinez has had good games against the run, good games in coverage, but rarely both at the same time. He's an incomplete complete player. I guess if I had to choose my poison this week, I'd give up the ground yards unless and until that starts getting out of hand.

Regardless, it's about the only way I see to upend SF's habits of winning...limit their Red Zone trips. Their habit is to get there a lot and score TDs with decent, not great, frequency when they do. Otherwise, pick off a couple, don't fumble and win the turnover battle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
It's a Team Game, NFCC Edition

I have the Packers as 6.1 point dogs in this game, effectively +6 1/2.

SF -3.0 for home field
SF -2.6 for superior Red Zone performance based on blended offensive and defensive frequency and performance

The Packers Red Zone TD% is better than the 49ers offensively, and very slightly better on defense, however SF's offense gets there more often and keeps the opponent out of there more often to a signifcant degree. The ability to move the ball between the 20's and stop the opponent between the 20's, i.e., 3rd down conversions on offense and defense, is reflected in Red Zone frequency and is not accorded any separate point calculation.

SF -1.1 for 20+ yard TDs

The 49ers supriority in big strike TDs is wider than the Packers superiority in preventing them.

SF +0.9 for inferior turnover differential

SF +0.3 for 4th. down superiority on both sides of the ball.

Vegas consensus is +7 1/2 points, not inefficient enough in my estimation as to be outside the margin for error.

I think the Packers are going to need a ST score or +2 on turnovers to keep this close.
I’m with you on this. I think the “X” factor is our ST plus a + TO margin. ST was an area that was dismal week 12 for GB. Just simply having an above average ST performance would be the factor that keeps GB in the game.
I think back to the game that cost Monty his job when he fumbled the KO. GB had more than a minute to go with a couple of TO’s but Rodgers never saw the ball. Rodgers needs the ball in that scenario. He’s gotta little Russell Wilson “doesn’t give up” magician in him.

Last edited: