2024 Round 5, pick 163 Jacob Monk, OL

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Why He Will Succeed: From what I've seen, Monk looks quick and powerful. If the Packers can channel and harness his ability, he should be either a starting caliber center or a high end backup with interior versatility.

Why He Would Fail: It's simple-- the technique doesn't come up to speed, as it doesn't for many picks taken this late, and he doesn't materialize as a viable player. He is also probably limited to center in terms of becoming an entrenched starter, which narrows his avenue for real success.

My Guess: Monk will be 2nd string immediately, but I honestly see no reason why he couldn't be a future starter at center if Tom doesn't end up there in the long term.

Upside Comp: Erik McCoy

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got a text from my connect that my sleeper pick to be our OC in 2024 has continued to get noticed at OTAs by staff as he did in minicamps. His footwork, first step is special as he said. Quietly I think Monk is going to be molded into a future starter - I think everyone is hoping this year he can maturate and be a depth piece, but I'm very excited to see what Monk can do personally.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts