2023 week 5 MNF in Vegas

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love is having issues . I agree . But don’t make it sound like rodgers had it worse , or rodgers could be better now
I am firmly convinced that if Rodgers had played tonight he would have thrown to Adams on the sideline at least twice.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first one looked like 100% Love

The 2nd one looked like a timing issues which blame goes 50/50. It was also a lucky bounce into their hands.

The 3rd was an attempt to put away the game with :40 sec on game clock and 3rd n 10. The Defender played good but did get away with borderline pass interference on #9 imo
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Nothing borderline about it. It was clear PI.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Check again.
The Packers had some really good O-lines in Rodgers era. The really early years were not among them. I still remember much gnashing of teeth about Allen Barbre. This is revisionist history. I'd bet heavily that we were in the top half of sacks allowed in 08-10. If I'm wrong, show me.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you see some of his throws tonight in key situations? I didn't think I needed to provide commentary on those.

This is his 4th year in the system. He's not a rookie. You have 7th round draft picks in San Francisco looking like the best QB in the league in his 2nd year.
Also

same team that found mr irrelevant also traded 3 picks for a guy they traded ?

everyone makes mistakes

love very well might be a mistake , but **** give him a season

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also

same team that found mr irrelevant also traded 3 picks for a guy they traded ?

everyone makes mistakes

love very well might be a mistake , but **** give him a season
Trust me, I'm very glad the 49ers whiffed so badly on Trey Lance because I'd hate to think how far ahead they'd be if they hadn't.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers had some really good O-lines in Rodgers era. The really early years were not among them. I still remember much gnashing of teeth about Allen Barbre. This is revisionist history. I'd bet heavily that we were in the top half of sacks allowed in 08-10. If I'm wrong, show me.
u said ??? 1st 3 years rodgers had a dumpster fire

then loves is a forest fire. But he needs to be better

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Trust me, I'm very glad the 49ers whiffed so badly on Trey Lance because I'd hate to think how far ahead they'd be if they hadn't.
don’t use purrdy as comparison… or do I need to give u 261 reasons why?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
u said ??? 1st 3 years rodgers had a dumpster fire

then loves is a forest fire. But he needs to be better
I thought the protection was as good as could have been expected tonight. They were ok. Only allowed 2 sacks. They were not that bad. Love had time for the most part.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clifton, Spitz, Wells, Colledge, Tauscher, Sitton, Bulaga. Those were his starters over his first three years. And they were good enough to win a Super Bowl.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the protection was as good as could have been expected tonight. They were ok. Only allowed 2 sacks. They were not that bad. Love had time for the most part.
He had very few clean pockets to throw from, just like last week.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had very few clean pockets to throw from, just like last week.
2 sacks and 2 QB hits, as opposed to 4 sacks and 6 QB hits on Jimmy G. If you're just going to argue with statistics, what's the point? I watched the game. He had plenty of clean pockets. Every down? No. Enough to operate the offense? Yes.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you said $50 that he's a backup on opening day 2026, I'd feel pretty comfortable taking that.
So let me make sure I understand correctly, a QB should be in top form by 5 games into his first season as the starter otherwise he's trash? You don't think guys playing the most complex position in sports should be give at least a full season to put it together?

Reaction score
I want to be clear I'm not suggesting they should bench Jordan Love. They've got no better options.

What I am suggesting is that if you ran a poll on who will be the 32 starting NFL QBs in 3 years my bet is that he would not be on that list.
Also you used a comparison for another good QB on quite possibly the best team in the NFC. Purdy (700 NFL snaps) has much better weapons than Love (400 NFL snaps). I watched that game last night and Purdy had better pocket protection AND his players more often had yards of separation on his money throws.
I’m not suggesting Jordan is equal. But you are also conveniently choosing the hottest QB in the league. Really very few Veteran QB are his equal.

That doesn’t even factor that SF49ers barely allow any Offenses to score, so the pressure is minimal in the micro (pocket) and the macro (game situation).
Purdy didn’t look so good against the Eagles last year if I recall. He couldn’t even make it through 1 possession without fumbling and getting dispatched like a boy sent home from school. That’s what pressure can do to even a good QB

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 sacks and 2 QB hits, as opposed to 4 sacks and 6 QB hits on Jimmy G. If you're just going to argue with statistics, what's the point? I watched the game. He had plenty of clean pockets. Every down? No. Enough to operate the offense? Yes.
Yeah, I watched it too. Every single play. And he had to create his own time by scrambling most of the time. He also played well enough to keep the ball moving on the last drive. But he can only throw the passes. He can't catch them too and there were two drops on that drive and an uncalled PI in the corner of the end zone.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So let me make sure I understand correctly, a QB should be in top form by 5 games into his first season as the starter otherwise he's trash? You don't think guys playing the most complex position in sports should be give at least a full season to put it together?
I never said he shouldn't be given the full season (and probably one more) and I never said he should be in top form, and I never said he's trash. I just said in my opinion it doesn't look to me like he's the guy.

Stop putting words in my mouth that I didn't say.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also you used a comparison for another good QB on quite possibly the best team in the NFC. Purdy (700 NFL snaps) has much better weapons than Love (400 NFL snaps). I watched that game last night and Purdy had better pocket protection AND his players more often had yards of separation on his money throws.
I’m not suggesting Jordan is equal. But you are also conveniently choosing the hottest QB in the league. Really very few Veteran QB are his equal.
I have no doubt Love would have won that game last night in similar fashion.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we are arguing that the 49ers have a far superior supporting cast I am certainly not arguing against that.

However Love had numerous chances to win the game tonight against a very mediocre team and could not deliver. I am not going to make any excuses for that. This was a very winnable game.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said he shouldn't be given the full season (and probably one more) and I never said he should be in top form, and I never said he's trash. I just said in my opinion it doesn't look to me like he's the guy.

Stop putting words in my mouth that I didn't say.
Okay, fair enough. Not trying to ruffle feathers but there seems to be some cognitive dissonance in what you're saying. In one breath, you say he should be given at least a full season before judging him but in the next you're saying he doesn't look like he's the guy.

Now if you had said, "Boy, Love just didn't look like the guy tonight." that would be a little different. But you've already made a wholesale judgment on his entire career. In fact, you said you'd be willing to bet on it. So which is it? Should judgment be reserved until he gets at least a full season under his belt or should it be cast now, as you appear to have already done?

Can you at least see how the first and last sentences of your paragraph that is quoted above looks like you're saying two conflicting things?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we are arguing that the 49ers have a far superior supporting cast I am certainly not arguing against that.

However Love had numerous chances to win the game tonight against a very mediocre team and could not deliver. I am not going to make any excuses for that. This was a very winnable game.

When were those numerous chances, specifically?

Who dropped those two passes on the final drive? It wasn't Love. And how is it his fault the Raiders' CB was allowed to shove Watson all the way through the endzone and then turn around at the last second to make the interception without being called for PI?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, fair enough. Not trying to ruffle feathers but there seems to be some cognitive dissonance in what you're saying. In one breath, you say he should be given at least a full season before judging him but in the next you're saying he doesn't look like he's the guy.

Now if you had said, "Boy, Love just doesn't look like the guy tonight." that would be a little different. But you've already made a wholesale judgment on his entire career. In fact, you said you'd be willing to bet on it. So which is it? Should judgment be reserved until he gets at least a full season under his belt or should it be cast now, as you appear to have already done?

Can you at least see how the first and last sentences of your paragraph that is quoted above looks like you're saying two conflicting things?
I'm frustrated that he isn't showing more with what he has. That would be my answer to that. I feel the Packers supporting cast is better than we're giving it credit for. I don't think Watson/Doubs/Reed is a trio of starting WRs that people hated coming into this year and I think Musgrave has been at least as much if not more than what was expected in his rookie season.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair, I don't think Matt Lafleur is a very good coach. So maybe the next staff will be able to unlock Love, I really don't know.

Reaction score

I agree. Love had some mistakes. But he’s pretty raw still. Give him time he’s shown he has an arm.

My take is there’s a 50/50 chance that IF Love refines his decision making on a few plays, then gets some better timing down with his receivers? He could be pretty good.

Our Offense sputtered and it wasn’t just Jordan Love. We actually went on the road and went toe to toe down to the last minute of the game. In the NFL you really can’t discount anyone including LV. He played a multi season Veteran QB who has a top 5 All-Pro WR and top 5 All-Pro RB and a standout Pass Rusher in Crosby at their house. We were without our best weapon #33 and we have no Bonafide Top 5 type WR.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.