2023 week 5 MNF in Vegas

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please, no banning people for sounding off and/or being *****...I've been one on occasion. Any chance of early parole for a once-frequent poster currently on hiatus?
What a terrible precedent to set. Want to vent about the loss and express concerns about the QB? Well sir, you had better have happened to have shown some enthusiasm and posted after the latest win, or you're gone.

On any forum or platform on the web, some are more prone to negativity and venting and others are glass half full, just the way it is. As long as it's done in a way that isn't abusive or harrassing of others, what's the harm? Can't imagine taking censorship to such an extreme level.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What a terrible precedent to set. Want to vent about the loss and express concerns about the QB? Well sir, you had better have happened to have shown some enthusiasm and posted after the latest win, or you're gone.

On any forum or platform on the web, some are more prone to negativity and venting and others are glass half full, just the way it is. As long as it's done in a way that isn't abusive or harrassing of others, what's the harm? Can't imagine taking censorship to such an extreme level.

People so wound up tight and can't take sarcasm

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
My biggest concern about Love is the alarming inaccuracy on anything beyond short range. This isn't a new issue, this was the main knock on him coming out of Utah State.

So while it's understandable and easy to say "give him time", there's also understandable skepticism that an issue that has always plagued him and hasn't gotten better is just going to somehow get better with repetition.
Well it's not always easy to detect online.
Why not ****ing ask?
I swear people just want **** handed to them

Hey LT

Are you serious about banning if they don't come when they win

And yeah I'm being a ****

This **** ****** me off.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know we want to believe otherwise, but there are not a lot of signs/metrics that suggest that Jordan Love is just going to get better. I hope he does, obviously.

Bart Starr did not have a lot of signs/ metrics that he was going to get better even after the 1959 season. Lombardi liked the fact that he was a good student. But it was not until several games into the 1960 season that he put lasting faith in #15.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bart Starr did not have a lot of signs/ metrics that he was going to get better even after the 1959 season. Lombardi liked the fact that he was a good student. But it was not until several games into the 1960 season that he put lasting faith in #15.
I would hope that that’s the case here, too, but at the same time we’re more or less hanging our hopes on Love being the exception rather than the rule. There are far fewer Starrs, Josh Allens, etc than the alternative.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no

whats the reason you feel he isn’t the answer

i Think he needs this season to grow, I didn’t expect more than 7 win team.

I wish he had jones and experienced vets and line

he doesn’t

what is it he rubs you the wrong way?

can’t just say he sucks and walk away

tell us why he sucks
Good point/questions. It's way too soon to evaluate Love. The OL has been porous and on a lot of plays, Love has less than 3 seconds to do something. Very evident in the Lions' game 1H. Kinda hard to run through check downs in that time.

I'm concerned with his accuracy, but hell even Rodgers was losing accuracy in his last years. Gotta give Love time to see if he learns from these things and corrects them. MLF or the OC could help with some plays that roll him left or right, screens, and on.

Will he end up closer to Rodgers or Mac Jones? I have no idea right now. Patience is a virtue, I think.....

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want to hear some rational, well thought out, logical reasoning that goes beyond "give him time" that explains why we should be optimistic that a major issue that Jordan Love has (accuracy), and still clearly has, is just going to fix itself over time when it clearly isn't better in his 4th year in the system. This isn't footwork or learning to go through progressions that just comes with repetition. This is a very big problem for a starting NFL quarterback.

I am not being facetious here, if you have some good reasonable explanations on why this is a correctable thing, I'd certainly be happy to hear it with an open mind. I'm just not willing to bury my head in the sand on it and pretend that it's just something that should automatically fix itself over time.
My knee-jerk reaction would be that it's really not his 4th year in the system, as that term would normally be implied. Lack of even practice snaps during that time is a mitigating factor, and he's had basically no live-fire snaps prior to this year. I would have to think that he's been able to throw well during whatever episodes in camp and practice he's had, only because if it's THAT basic, there would have been changes or at least talk about changes. Never played the game, but I have to think that accuracy IS something that could be fixed with repetition - just like footwork or progressions.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
OK?

I said he didn't see him

BTW

Where were you for the wins??

This is why we should ban people that only come after a loss. It's only to say..I told u so
Nah, I commented on the wins too. Not sure I require a ban for joking around. If that’s the decision, I guess so be it.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Please, no banning people for sounding off and/or being *****...I've been one on occasion. Any chance of early parole for a once-frequent poster currently on hiatus?
I don’t only comment after losses though. Frustrated after the last loss & just pointing out that I don’t think Love is the man. I think I raise some good points & add value to discussions. If that’s not the case, feel free to ban me.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not being sarcastic. Just curious. Was anyone giving up on Rodgers his first year at the helm? Also Not saying Love is Rodgers.

The jury is still out for me. Not ideal circumstances. I would call this baptism by fire. Lots of things are not working well right now.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not being sarcastic. Just curious. Was anyone giving up on Rodgers his first year at the helm? Also Not saying Love is Rodgers.

The jury is still out for me. Not ideal circumstances. I would call this baptism by fire. Lots of things are not working well right now.
As I said elsewhere, the team was convinced enough by what they saw from Rodgers to commit to him long-term by October 31 of that season.

Would you be comfortable committing long-term to Love in ~3 weeks? Do you think the team would?

That’s not to say Love is terrible or Rodgers was perfect but I also don’t think there’s much sense in people (not singling you out!) saying and/or insinuating that Rodgers wasn’t perfect in his first season so everything is totally fine with Love’s progress thus far

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think realistically we have 2 wins left this season. The Broncos out of the bye week and the Panthers near the end of the season. They will probably win one more in there somewhere. Maybe against the vikings.
Could beat the Bears again, we'll be at home. A lot depends on if Aaron Jones is going to be healthy or if that hamstring is going to be a nagging problem all season. Without him, there's considerably more reason for pessimism. Or maybe optimism, if you're looking for better draft picks.

Outsider99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is Goody and Lafleur. Lack of preparation for the future. They put all their eggs in the Jordan Love basket.

Ron Wolf had a back up plan if Favre got injured or wasn't the guy. How many starting QBs did Wolf draft? I remember as a little boy that my friend said Mark Brunnel was better than Favre.

Ty Detmer (1992 ninth round), Mark Brunell (’93 fifth round), Matt Hasselbeck (’98 sixth round) and Aaron Brooks (’99 fourth round), all of whom became starters for other teams.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is Goody and Lafleur. Lack of preparation for the future. They put all their eggs in the Jordan Love basket.

Ron Wolf had a back up plan if Favre got injured or wasn't the guy. How many starting QBs did Wolf draft? I remember as a little boy that my friend said Mark Brunnel was better than Favre.

Ty Detmer (1992 ninth round), Mark Brunell (’93 fifth round), Matt Hasselbeck (’98 sixth round) and Aaron Brooks (’99 fourth round), all of whom became starters for other teams.
Wolf certainly had a very good track record with picking QB talent.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could beat the Bears again, we'll be at home. A lot depends on if Aaron Jones is going to be healthy or if that hamstring is going to be a nagging problem all season. Without him, there's considerably more reason for pessimism. Or maybe optimism, if you're looking for better draft picks.
Bear game is WK 18? Both teams will be playing back ups to the back ups. Anything could happen. But what IS certain about that game. It will be BRRRRRR!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bear game is WK 18? Both teams will be playing back ups to the back ups. Anything could happen. But what IS certain about that game. It will be BRRRRRR!
Yeah that's very likely gonna be two teams playing for nothing more than to get the season over and get someplace warm. And at that point, what's another win or loss anyway?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah that's very likely gonna be two teams playing for nothing more than to get the season over and get someplace warm. And at that point, what's another win or loss anyway?
Battle for a draft spot?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Battle for a draft spot?
Certainly a possibility, although I do think the Packers will win 6 or 7 games while the Bears may be stuck at 1. I guess that would give the Packers a pick somewhere around #10? Not really sure.

It's gonna be a great draft for QBs. Just sayin......... I'd much rather Love and his young team close out the season on a high note, even if that means 6 or 7 wins. Just wanna see real progress from a bunch of young guys.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
You have to read into things. It's a message board. Nothing is ever straight forward in writing.

My point is that I have not seen a QB throw into triple coverage the way Love did. It was a horrible effort. I don't remember seeing another QB throw right to a linebacker like that while staring down his receiver. He's supposed to be an NFL caliber QB that got to sit for 3 years learning. Yes, there will be struggles. Sure, compare all you or anyone wants to other QBs. That was a horrible play and a dreadful effort on his part. It was just bad. I get that he is who we have the rest of the season. He's also got a long leash. The Packers and the fans are stuck with him for the season. My only hope is they bring in someone to compete with him next year. The plane has crashed into the mountain.
Words have meaning, and reading is fundamental. It IS that straight forward.

Members online

Latest posts