Watson
Jones
Finley

That doesn't include the not as good or bad
Amari and Richard Rodgers
Segura
Sternberger
Murphy
Jennings was drafted while Favre was the starting QB… he actually caught Favre’s then record breaking TD pass.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings was drafted while Favre was the starting QB… he actually caught Favre’s then record breaking TD pass.
Rodgers was drafted the year before Jennings. Wasn't the starting QB yet obviously but was already a packer

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was drafted the year before Jennings. Wasn't the starting QB yet obviously but was already a packer
I’m very aware of that, but at that point Favre was still the guy… Rodgers inherited Jennings much the say same as he did Driver.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I live in New England and besides the obvious, I've always been jealous of this duo. Tight end is also my favorite position in football so naturally a dominant two tight end set will always have me drooling. I just loved they way their scheme maximized these two players.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tucker will be attending the TE U put on by Kittle, Olsen and one other I'm forgetting.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tucker will be attending the TE U put on by Kittle, Olsen and one other I'm forgetting.
I think both young TE's have a ton of potential to really give this offense a boost. Now I don't expect doors blown off in year 1, but even one of them "gets it" better than most rookie TE's we could be looking good in that regard.

They have a lot to get excited about and are similar enough, but also bring their own strengths. Good compliments of each other with a pretty good ceiling in both pass catching and blocking.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think both young TE's have a ton of potential to really give this offense a boost. Now I don't expect doors blown off in year 1, but even one of them "gets it" better than most rookie TE's we could be looking good in that regard.

They have a lot to get excited about and are similar enough, but also bring their own strengths. Good compliments of each other with a pretty good ceiling in both pass catching and blocking.

If I'm MLF I'm looking at Josiah / Luke / Tucker and saying look we don't need any of you to be pro bowlers, each of you provide something different but collectively I want numbers equivalent of a Pro Bowl TE collectively...like 80 receptions / 1200 yards / 10 TDs

Reaction score

Yes. I see Musgrave a little better Receiver and Kraft a little better blocker, initially. Which as you said they compliment each other.

As far as my own personal projection, I’m not sure if Luke can develop into peak Jimmy Graham or not (not suggesting you said this) that’s probably optimistic considering Brees/Wilson etc.. but he is very similar athletically. I’d temper his ceiling down, but I’d lift his floor a little because his opportunities should come faster and more frequent. Maybe 400-600 yards, 4-5 TD’s type impact in his First season, which is a pretty impactful Rook. If he stays healthy, I think Musgrave is a TE that flirts with 1,000 inside 3-4 seasons. He could stand to add a few pounds of lower body muscle to level out (~260lb) but that should happen as a course of his training.

Josiah likely gets into that slightly elevated 200-350 yards area.

Then Kraft in a respectable 150-300 yards, unless there’s an injury that elevates him.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josiah put up essentially 200 yards in a short window in 2021 when our other TEs went down. I fully expect of any of TEs he is the most likely to hit 500 yards.

Reaction score
Josiah put up essentially 200 yards in a short window in 2021 when our other TEs went down. I fully expect of any of TEs he is the most likely to hit 500 yards.
See I think they’ll keep him (Josiah) home more primarily as a blocker in the Run and Pass, which is why I said slight uptick. Based on :
1. us Running the ball a slightly higher %
2. not relying on a Rookie to wrestle with a Veteran DE
3. Projecting based on what Tonyan said they did to him when cycling through OL combos.
4. King Josiah was a hometown guy, he’s the one who when the Torah was found tore his clothes and reinstituted it; he’s got team player in his bloodline :coffee:

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Kraft will get some opportunities? I hope they send him out for more than just a dump off pattern! Maybe they don't like his blocking so much. So send him out for a pass. I want to see what he can do. He might be a tiger after the catch (if it isn't in the flat with 3 or for tacklers coming at him).

Reaction score
Maybe Kraft will get some opportunities? I hope they send him out for more than just a dump off pattern! Maybe they don't like his blocking so much. So send him out for a pass. I want to see what he can do. He might be a tiger after the catch (if it isn't in the flat with 3 or for tacklers coming at him).
he’s shown some hints at his power. I recall one play where a 200lb DB came to hit him on sideline. He kinda bounced off him as they went out of bounds. You could tell Kraft acted like a mosquito buzzed by him. Lol.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he’s shown some hints at his power. I recall one play where a 200lb DB came to hit him on sideline. He kinda bounced off him as they went out of bounds. You could tell Kraft acted like a mosquito buzzed by him. Lol.
It certainly is the year of the rookies.

Reaction score
It certainly is the year of the rookies.
Exactly and I think that’s partly what’s hurting us short term. Lots of young guys taking lots of snaps. Frankly I’m excited to see what Kraft can do as he gets more regular playing time.
I really think he can be the one to break the 3rd Round curse of the Packers GM’s!
I’m not afraid of much. But I’m scared to death every time we draft Round 3. I just close my eyes and contemplate the words of Joshua 24:15 because only a direct appeal can shake that kinda demon :roflmao:
Then I add a tidbit in about my Packer brethren and myself, in that we all learn to have fun amidst the chaos this year :whistling:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly and I think that’s partly what’s hurting us short term. Lots of young guys taking lots of snaps. Frankly I’m excited to see what Kraft can do as he gets more regular playing time.
I really think he can be the one to break the 3rd Round curse of the Packers GM’s!
I’m not afraid of much. But I’m scared to death every time we draft Round 3. I just close my eyes and contemplate the words of Joshua 24:15 because only a direct appeal can shake that kinda demon :roflmao:
Then I add a tidbit in about my Packer brethren and myself, in that we all learn to have fun amidst the chaos this year :whistling:
Maybe Kraft can be an option when the Vikings come with all those blitzes this week.

Reaction score
Maybe Kraft can be an option when the Vikings come with all those blitzes this week.
If Kraft is able to catch a shorter pass underneath (call it 3-4 yards) and have enough time to turn his body? He can Bully a tackler for a few yards.
Kraft is also not a target that opponents have much film and thus their assumptive will be he won’t be used. My guess is teams will focus heavily on our RB, whom was our leading Receiver last week, if you can believe that.

Personally though, I’d like us to continue what was successful last week. We finally got Dillon involved in our passing game. Just maybe a few extra play designs for Kraft in that same mold

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I will say this.

I was high on Darnell Washington, the Steelers took him in the 3rd round with the 93rd pick of the draft. It's early, but so far I am glad that the Packers passed. So far, he has played on offense for 181 snaps, has been targeted 3 times and only has caught 1 pass for 10 yards.

Granted, the Steelers seem to be using him more as a 6th OL player, but 3 targets on that many snaps? He should get more opportunities now that Freiermuth has been placed on IR.

I guess the flipside of it for the Packers, they picked Tucker Kraft ahead of Washington (Round 3, Pick #78) and the guy has been virtually invisible for the Packers. He's played in all 6 games (93 offensive snaps) and only has 2 catches on 2 targets for 5 yards. With Musgrave out, maybe his role will be stepped up?

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess the flipside of it for the Packers, they picked Tucker Kraft ahead of Washington (Round 3, Pick #78) and the guy has been virtually invisible for the Packers. He's played in all 6 games (93 offensive snaps) and only has 2 catches on 2 targets for 5 yards. With Musgrave out, maybe his role will be stepped up?
Indeed it will!

Members online

Latest posts