2022 NFL Live Draft thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
:laugh:
I suspect when they couldn't move up to take any of the top WRs they decided to bolster the defense tonight instead. Taking any WR at #22 or 28 with the receivers still out there would have been a reach TBH. We took Adams in the 2nd in 2014 so we should be okay.
And rodgers said that..the wr left didnt have a 1st Rd grade

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to see we're addressing the defense. They couldn't pitch a shutout, so we lost in the playoffs.
This is type of comment that me and others here have issue with.

The off scored 7...St allowed 7?

But some only want to blame the Def and st

It was all 3 aspects that deserves blame.

St 1st..we know why
Offense 2nd..to score only 7 at home with rodgers, tae and etc. Thats a shame
But Def is probably the least reason why

Just like Seattle mess. No one wants to recall 4 int by Def. And was it 6 points by offense from.those 4 int? They only want to blast the 2 Def plays and Bostick.

Never the offense fault

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

St 1st..we know why

Just like Seattle mess. No one wants to recall 4 int by Def. And was it 6 points by offense from.those 4 int? They only want to blast the 2 Def plays and Bostick.

Never the offense fault
I was being sarcastic. I know many people here don't think the offense scoring only 10 points was the main problem.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
People will not be happy on defense unless we win every game by at least 7-0.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is okay how he handled it

Okay. I rarely believe public statements from players or coaches. I’m not saying Rodgers is ticked, just that i don’t think he’d publicly say anything. Just like i don’t actually believe that every GM had their best draft like they’ll all say.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The LB pick was a bit of a head scratcher for me, given that they never invested in the position and now that we have an All pro all of a sudden they do? If he can play EDGE that calms me a bit though. I'm down with the Wyatt pick.

I'm happy that they didnt trade up or reach for a WR, but I feel like we need to trade up in R2 to get one of our preferred choices for WR.

Really hoping we go all out offense now in R2 and R3. Get me an OT and 2 receiving options please. I dont wanna trade for Deebo, but I'd still be down to add Landry if the price is right. If we don't add 2 quality receivers, maybe we can also give Funchess another call? He did well in the preseason last year and he'll be dirt cheap

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams picking before GB's 53 that still need WR help in this draft are: Houston, Minnesota, Cleveland, Chicago, and possibly Indy. Without more trades we could see 3 or 4 more WR's removed from the board before Gute takes a swing. Hopefully 2-4 QB's (Willis, Corral, Howell and Ridder) go early in round 2, and there are still decent Edge (Ojabo, Mafe, Ebiketie, Jackson, Thomas, Bonitto), DB's (Booth, Gordon, McCreary, Brisker, Pitre), DL (Hall, Jones, Winfrey, Leal), OL (Raimann, Faalele, Kinnard, Petit-Frere) and hopefully a RB or 2 that help push WR talent back to us.

Could see Gute taking a WR (Pickens, Pierce) AND an Edge (Jackson, Ojabo or Bonitto) OR S (Brisker or Pitre) in the 2nd.

Last edited:

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Think Jordan Love gets traded today? They have to be itching to move up for Pickens or Watson. After that the WRs are a dime a dozen.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teams picking before GB's 53 that still need WR help in this draft are: Houston, Minnesota, Cleveland, and possibly Indy. Without more trades we could easily see 3 or 4 more WR's removed from the board before Gute takes a swing. Hopefully 2-4 QB's (Willis, Corral, Howell and Ridder) go early in round 2, and there are still decent Edge (Ojabo, Mafe, Ebiketie, Jackson, Thomas, Bonitto), DB's (Booth, Gordon, McCreary, Brisker, Pitre), DL (Hall, Jones, Winfrey, Leal), OL (Raimann, Faalele, Kinnard, Petit-Frere) and hopefully a RB or 2 that help push WR talent back to us.

Could see Gute taking a WR (Pickens, Pierce) AND an Edge (Jackson, Ojabo or Bonitto) OR S (Brisker or Pitre) in the 2nd.
The Vikings need a wr? They have Jefferson and theilen to start. Then Osborn who was solid last year and morisette from Iowa who they drafted last year. Vikings have way bigger needs at oline and cb

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think Jordan Love gets traded today? They have to be itching to move up for Pickens or Watson. After that the WRs are a dime a dozen.
No, we need a competent back-up. If Love's value is only to move-up a little then he's better off on our roster, IMHO.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings need a wr? They have Jefferson and theilen to start. Then Osborn who was solid last year and morisette from Iowa who they drafted last year. Vikings have way bigger needs at oline and cb
Thielen is 32 and his cap hits in '23 ($19.97Mil) and '24 ($21.66Mil) may make him expendable for cap-purposes. His last 3 year averages are 57 receptions for 690 yds. - he's a high-priced #2/#3 at this point, so yes, they need another WR.

They DO have other needs, but may take a 2nd round swing at WR with one of their 2 picks, also.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings could draft a WR early in round 2 because Thelan is getting to the point in his career where injuries mount and production drops. Osborn is ok but may not be a legit number 2 receiver. Cine was a great pick. Hated to see it. He will replace the aging Harrison Smith very well. They still need a cb but could get one after they take a WR.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Washington or Atlanta didn't select a qb in round 1. Maybe now is the time to talk trade with Jordan Love. Would Washington take Love, a second and fourth round pick for McLauren? That trade could instantly turn the WR position into a formidable unit.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Washington or Atlanta didn't select a qb in round 1. Maybe now is the time to talk trade with Jordan Love. Would Washington take Love, a second and fourth round pick for McLauren? That trade could instantly turn the WR position into a formidable unit.
Very interesting idea! He's been a 1,000 yd/100 target WR in a garbage offense for the last 3 years... would be a great addition assuming AR stays upright & healthy for the next 3+ years. 1st downs on 64% of his receptions, compared to 61% for Davante Adams... would quickly become AR's best friend on the field.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
My only "concern" with the 2 players drafted by the Packers....5 defensive players from Georgia went in the first round and Nakobi Dean will go early in Rd 2, making it 6. I think that is a recorded # of players on offense or defense from 1 team being selected in round 1. So the concern, are these guys collectively great and individually average or just all really good players? I hope the latter is true and the Packers didn't double down on average.
I had the same thought and have always felt the same way about many Alabama players. Looking at the situation realistically, I would guess that one of the two will eventually become an important cog in the defense 5 years from now and the other will not meet expectations. Kind of like Gary and Savage.

apham8311

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Georgia and am a huge Bulldog fan as well as obviously a huge Packers fan. Here is my take on the 2 Dawgs picked:

Quay is a stud. Big, fast, athletic, tough as nails. South Georgia tough we call it. Will absolutely light up a lead blocker or a back in the hole. But also fast enough to cover TEs and even RBs. Also, he is 21.

Wyatt was way overshadowed by Jordan Davis and Travon and even Jalen Carter who comes out next year and might be the best of the bunch. But he is a true inside terror. Little unknown fact: Wyatt played some RB in high school. He can run. He will be a major factor lined up beside Kenny.

These 2 picks have made our defense way more athletic and tough and physical. We used 2 picks and I believe made our first 2 levels on defense as good as anyone else in the league. We know how good the secondary already is.

On Pickens, if he is there at our pick, I think we have to take him. The talent level is too much. There are red flags with him though. Poor decision making has been a habit of his. I believe that is why he fell out of the first.

The other Georgia guy I would love to get that is being way undervalued is Jamaree Salyer. Can literally play all 5 OL positions. Very Elgton Jenkins like. Watch his tape vs Michigan and Hutchinson and watch how the game vs Alabama changed when we moved him from LT to OG. He would be a steal at this point I believe.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

St 1st..we know why

Never the offense fault
My Seattle thoughts. Couldn't get the ball in the end zone with multiple opportunities in the first half. We let Seattle stay in the game. Should have never come down to Bostick's foible.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I live in Georgia and am a huge Bulldog fan as well as obviously a huge Packers fan. Here is my take on the 2 Dawgs picked:

Quay is a stud. Big, fast, athletic, tough as nails. South Georgia tough we call it. Will absolutely light up a lead blocker or a back in the hole. But also fast enough to cover TEs and even RBs. Also, he is 21.

Wyatt was way overshadowed by Jordan Davis and Travon and even Jalen Carter who comes out next year and might be the best of the bunch. But he is a true inside terror. Little unknown fact: Wyatt played some RB in high school. He can run. He will be a major factor lined up beside Kenny.

These 2 picks have made our defense way more athletic and tough and physical. We used 2 picks and I believe made our first 2 levels on defense as good as anyone else in the league. We know how good the secondary already is.

On Pickens, if he is there at our pick, I think we have to take him. The talent level is too much. There are red flags with him though. Poor decision making has been a habit of his. I believe that is why he fell out of the first.

The other Georgia guy I would love to get that is being way undervalued is Jamaree Salyer. Can literally play all 5 OL positions. Very Elgton Jenkins like. Watch his tape vs Michigan and Hutchinson and watch how the game vs Alabama changed when we moved him from LT to OG. He would be a steal at this point I believe.
Thanks for your thoughtful analysis. Pickens concerns me. Poor decision making in Green Bay can easily get you an extended stay at the Brown County Gray Bar Hotel.

apham8311

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughtful analysis. Pickens concerns me. Poor decision making in Green Bay can easily get you an extended stay at the Brown County Gray Bar Hotel.
yes. maturity issues are a big concern.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
No, we need a competent back-up. If Love's value is only to move-up a little then he's better off on our roster, IMHO.
Trading Jordan Love would not result in a trade up, it would result in an additional early 2nd round pick. Though two picks from today could be packaged to up as well.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only "concern" with the 2 players drafted by the Packers....5 defensive players from Georgia went in the first round and Nakobi Dean will go early in Rd 2, making it 6. I think that is a record # of players on offense or defense from 1 team being selected in round 1. So the concern, are these guys collectively great and individually average or just all really good players? I hope the latter is true and the Packers didn't double down on average.
So, I get this sentiment, but I think there's more to consider here. Georgia's defense was elite at creating pressure up the middle and getting right in the quarterback's face. These two players were instrumental in creating that pressure up the middle. Wyatt might be the best interior pass rusher in the draft and beat double teams consistently. Quay Walker was also excellent with creating pressure and FAST up the middle, but he also has range to cover and is a guaranteed tackler. Like I've said before, he's a younger version of the human highlight reel Devin Lloyd, but he also played against an elite level of competition.

Both players are high RAS players which we've historically been huge on.

All this said, I think Joe Barry wants to get pressure up the middle rather than just off the edge and I think we have the players now to do that. If all goes well, offensive lines are going to get terrorized on the inside.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Teams picking before GB's 53 that still need WR help in this draft are: Houston, Minnesota, Cleveland, Chicago, and possibly Indy. Without more trades we could see 3 or 4 more WR's removed from the board before Gute takes a swing. Hopefully 2-4 QB's (Willis, Corral, Howell and Ridder) go early in round 2, and there are still decent Edge (Ojabo, Mafe, Ebiketie, Jackson, Thomas, Bonitto), DB's (Booth, Gordon, McCreary, Brisker, Pitre), DL (Hall, Jones, Winfrey, Leal), OL (Raimann, Faalele, Kinnard, Petit-Frere) and hopefully a RB or 2 that help push WR talent back to us.

I agree and this could quickly become like the 2020 Draft if that run on WR's comes early again. At least in that draft, the Packers were looking for a WR to pair with Davante, this draft, they are looking for a #1 and #2 WR for this season and the future.

In 2020 13 WR's came off the board before the Packers 2nd round pick, if Gute lets that happen again today, I doubt they find much more that a WR with future potential. I don't have much doubt that guys like Pickens, Watson, Tolbert, Moore, Pierce and Metchie will probably be gone before the Packers are up at 53. Gute is going to need to trade up or just leave the position to fate again.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Love it! Another Georgia/Green Bay fan besides myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.