2022 NFL Live Draft thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Dud of the draft so far was former Viking Ed Marinaro. For some reason when Ed came out to announce the Viking pick, he seemed to think that the NFL wanted him to do a 20 minute comedy routine. Not only did his jokes fall flat, but they had to send someone out to tell him to read the damn card.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those are the same people that say Holmgrem..Farr..and Roger's. I get a kick out of people that complain about draft picks that don't read any articles about the players, or don't watch any of the college games. I haven't watched any ndsu games..but seeing highlights and hearing about Watsons work ethic..I am excited about him!!
Georgia..I would have been happy with anyone of their guys on defense..but..to get 2 of their front seven guys..2 guys that have great speed and tenacity..that is AWESOME!! This draft has definitely been a fill our needs draft. Gutey is knocking it out of the park!!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud of the draft so far was former Viking Ed Marinaro. For some reason when Ed came out to announce the Viking pick, he seemed to think that the NFL wanted him to do a 20 minute comedy routine. Not only did his jokes fall flat, but they had to send someone out to tell him to read the damn card.

Damn I wish I had seen that. Maybe it's on YouTube. In general I didn't like the "guest" announces. Aaron Jones did a nice job of getting to the mike, making the call, and ending quickly. He did cement his association with that sombrero though!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Damn I wish I had seen that. Maybe it's on YouTube. In general I didn't like the "guest" announces. Aaron Jones did a nice job of getting to the mike, making the call, and ending quickly. He did cement his association with that sombrero though!
Here you go....

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if you were happy Thursday and were a moaner yesterday?
Overall I think it's been a good draft for GB. The D should certainly be top 5 with the additions, and that's if Walker and Wyatt just play to expectations. I would have liked a better WR, like Olave or Burks, but the run on receivers was too fast and too early to jump in, the value wasn't there. I mean Drake London at #8? Gimme a break. And I think Olave was #10 or #11. Way too high.

Watson saved the draft for Gluten. He overpaid a bit but not much. Even with Watson, Gluten is gonna have to find a veteran to add, and not a guy with a near empty tank. I don't even know if there's a WR out there.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Jeffrey Gunter is a 9.7 RAS guy with tons of production in his background.

Supposed to be a diva maybe? Transferred to Syracuse, backed out, switched to NC State, didn’t like the staff, never played, and ended up back at CCU.

Packers had him in for a visit, surely to check on his attitude. No way to know if they liked what they heard or not.

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every year I am jealous of the Ravens drafts. They seem to knock it out of the park every year.

On top of what appears to be a good first two days of the draft, I think the ravens have six 4th round picks. Yikes.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tons of guys I love still out there..Tariq Woolen, Matthew Butler (we don’t need another DL) Enagabare, Belton, Brandon Smith (don’t need another off ball LB)…Doubs and Austin even Melton out there…

I gotta expect us to go DB/S or Edge with minimum one of these fourths

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jeffrey Gunter is a 9.7 RAS guy with tons of production in his background.

Supposed to be a diva maybe? Transferred to Syracuse, backed out, switched to NC State, didn’t like the staff, never played, and ended up back at CCU.

Packers had him in for a visit, surely to check on his attitude. No way to know if they liked what they heard or not.

One contact I have who has been spot on some and clearly not a couple others said Gunter left GB with very split responses by staff.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
One contact I have who has been spot on some and clearly not a couple others said Gunter left GB with very split responses by staff.

Interesting.

Another option I’m wondering about is Calvin Austin. If they want that Tyler Ervin, jet sweep role with return skills…

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting.

Another option I’m wondering about is Calvin Austin. If they want that Tyler Ervin, jet sweep role with return skills…

Right I could see Bo Melton possibly doing that as well - I’d not be sad with either of them or Doubs in 4th.

Most of my safeties I feel could push to start next year are gone so I’m feeling perhaps an Edge is quite likely or a CB with possible Safety tools to switch over.

Watch us nab Spiller for when Jones leaves

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Dantés if Tariq Woolen is still there I’d support nabbing him, ooober athletic and could be slid to Safety given time for growth.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well there goes Spiller

Pierre Strong still out there? He’s the only other RB I’m good with in this round…otherwise later on I’d support the Baylor bruiser

speakhands

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reading around the net for more info on Watkins. Apparently he has a potential to be a big time player both as a receiver and on special teams. The one knock I keep seeing is questionable hands. Hopefully it's a coachable and correctable thing, but the potential here is about off the charts.
Tbh, I really dislike the Watson pick. I broadly agree with the consensus of the analysts at PFF, who had him as WR11 and comped him to MVS: he gets dominated at the POC (30% contested catch rate against low level competition), he struggles getting his hips low against press, and he has a really high drop rate.

I see him as a guy who doesn't produce well until year 3 at best and frankly has a limited ceiling.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Players I am hoping for that are left in round 4.
E-Enafbare
DB- Woolen-McKinley
WR- Phillips-Doubs-Shakir-Austin

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Tbh, I really dislike the Watson pick. I broadly agree with the consensus of the analysts at PFF, who had him as WR11 and comped him to MVS: he gets dominated at the POC (30% contested catch rate against low level competition), he struggles getting his hips low against press, and he has a really high drop rate.

I see him as a guy who doesn't produce well until year 3 at best and frankly has a limited ceiling.
I guess if you consider that PFF had DK Metcalf ranked as the #17 WR in the 2019 draft, Watson should be a HOF'er ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts