2019 NFL Draft Prospects

drakehawkjd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As an Iowa fan this pains me a bit but I agree that I would like to see the Packers take one of Wisconsin's OL to fill our void at RG such as Benzschawel. Josh Allen wouldn't be bad to pick-up as an edge rusher either. But we for sure need to sure up the OL and I don't mean take a few token 5th and 6th round picks hoping one pans out.

TE Noah Fant is an athletic freak but again as an Iowa fan, he may need another year to mature before he is ready.

It's hard for me to say that the Packers should draft a WR too high as Rodgers seems to make them good through his own play.

DL I think we are pretty set with who we currently have.

One other area we really could sure up if the right guy was available would be SS. Not sure Brice is the long term answer.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Bosa is better than his brother and I would trade everything for him.

Seriously, a stud pass rusher on a rookie contract. Love him.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, I’m spam posting.

As of now, I would expect our two first round picks to address:

1) pass rusher
2) OL
3) WR

That’s where the talent is this draft, although I’m not super sold on the OL (mainly bc I don’t know much about them). Anyways, that works well with our needs. We’ll see how the rookie WR’s develop.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get why everyone seems to think WR is a need. Adams/MVS/GMo seems like a solid 3 WR rotation, Cobb and EQS can contribute in spots 4 & 5. And then there's everybody's favorite Draft Bust Moore, and we haven't even talked about Kumerow and Davis yet. We can't have 3 Pro Bowlers at WR, if we do, we better win the Super Bowl that year, because we probably can only afford 1 or 2 of them after the rookie contracts expire or they hold out for better deals.

If there is a "stud" WR, who slides, I'm all for maybe kicking the tires on one. But we have more pressing needs. I don't think this WR corps is the scapegoat as to why we can't win it all. I'm going to take the TT approach, and give this most recent crop of WRs at least 2-3 seasons to show us what they've got.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get why everyone seems to think WR is a need. Adams/MVS/GMo seems like a solid 3 WR rotation, Cobb and EQS can contribute in spots 4 & 5. And then there's everybody's favorite Draft Bust Moore, and we haven't even talked about Kumerow and Davis yet. We can't have 3 Pro Bowlers at WR, if we do, we better win the Super Bowl that year, because we probably can only afford 1 or 2 of them after the rookie contracts expire or they hold out for better deals.

If there is a "stud" WR, who slides, I'm all for maybe kicking the tires on one. But we have more pressing needs. I don't think this WR corps is the scapegoat as to why we can't win it all. I'm going to take the TT approach, and give this most recent crop of WRs at least 2-3 seasons to show us what they've got.

Probably because the last post in here was from September, before MVS or EQSB did anything.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just did a fanspeak 4 rounds gute has 6 of the top 125 picks in this scenario. I like all these guys some more than others but they're all good prospects.

R1p14 lb Josh Allen Kentucky can play inside or out 6' 4 250 should be an upgrade over Matthews as a pass rusher from day one
R1p32 s deionte Thompson Alabama 6' 1 196 and 4.46 speed should be able to play that single high free safety spot the team has been missing since nick collins
R2p14 rb Bryce love Stanford 5' 10 196 4.4 speed he adds the one thing missing from the RB room world class speed
R3p13 lb tj Edwards Wisconsin 6' 247 he's the new and improved Jake Ryan. Not as fast but the guy has coverage skills with 9 int so far at wi
R4p14 wr Parris Campbell Ohio st
Good size 6' 205 and great speed 4.35 could be the missing piece to the wr room
R4p23 te Albert okwuegbunam Missouri
At 6' 5 260 with good speed could be the successor to Jimmy Graham at te. But in the meantime would be more talented than any te currently on the roster

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FYI, there’s no accurate draftboard right now. Pretty much renders Fanspeak more irrelevant than usual.

I do love DT at safety though. Highly doubt he’s there at 14.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FYI, there’s no accurate draftboard right now. Pretty much renders Fanspeak more irrelevant than usual.

It's only relevance for me was choosing which prospects I'd bring up

Last edited:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Very true, because I'm KILLING it on Fanspeak.

14: R1P14

CB GREEDY WILLIAMS
LSU
32: R1P32

LB DEVIN WHITE
LSU
46: R2P14

LB JOSH ALLEN
KENTUCKY
77: R3P13

S JOHNATHAN ABRAM
MISSISSIPPI STATE
115: R4P14

OT ISAIAH PRINCE
OHIO STATE
124: R4P23

C TYLER BIADASZ
WISCONSIN
153: R5P14

OT TREY ADAMS
WASHINGTON
187: R6P14

G LESTER COTTON
ALABAMA
190: R6P17

EDGE CECE JEFFERSON
FLORIDA
230: R7P14

RB JORDAN SCARLETT
FLORIDA

If we pulled off something like that I'd request Gute be inducted in the Packers HOF immediately.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't know where to post this but I just noticed Saquon Barkley has a real shot to rush for 1000 yards as well as have 1000 yards receiving as a rookie with a terrible qb on a bad team. Wonder who the last player to do both was. Maybe Marshall faulk idk

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't know where to post this but I just noticed Saquon Barkley has a real shot to rush for 1000 yards as well as have 1000 yards receiving as a rookie with a terrible qb on a bad team. Wonder who the last player to do both was. Maybe Marshall faulk idk
SB era no one has done it. This guy came closest with 1k+ rushing and the most receiving yardage.
11) 1980: Billy Sims, RB
Team: Detroit Lions
  • Rushing
    • Attempts: 313
    • Rushing Yards: 1,303
    • Avg. per Game: 81.4
    • Touchdowns: 13
  • Receiving
    • Receptions: 51
    • Receiving Yards: 621
    • Touchdowns: 3

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SB era no one has done it. This guy came closest with 1k+ rushing and the most receiving yardage.
11) 1980: Billy Sims, RB
Team: Detroit Lions
  • Rushing
    • Attempts: 313
    • Rushing Yards: 1,303
    • Avg. per Game: 81.4
    • Touchdowns: 13
  • Receiving
    • Receptions: 51
    • Receiving Yards: 621
    • Touchdowns: 3

I guess actually Marshall Faulk did it in 1999 for the Rams in his first season with the team. He had 1381 yards rushing and 1048 recieving. Roger Craig also did it in 1985, he rushed for 1050 yards and had 1016 recieving. Pretty amazing if barkley can do this as a rookie.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve watched him run in a couple games, he’s the real deal that’s for sure. They’ll probably use him up before they get good again though. No QB and a huge investment in a WR with nobody to throw him the ball. I can see that blowing up in them in a hurry and sinking them further than what Manning has already.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I’ve watched him run in a couple games, he’s the real deal that’s for sure. They’ll probably use him up before they get good again though. No QB and a huge investment in a WR with nobody to throw him the ball. I can see that blowing up in them in a hurry and sinking them further than what Manning has already.

You beat me to the punch. I was looking up the 3 players stats and both Craig and Faulk had much better averages/carry or /reception to get those yards as well. So at his current per carry/reception rate, Barkley is not only going to have to "do more work" but in the process he is doing less for his team than those 2 players did every time they touched the ball.

Faulk:
253 carries 1,359 yards 5.4/carry
87 receptions 1,048 yards 12/catch

Craig:
214 carries 1,050 yards 4.9/carry
92 receptions 1,016 yards 11/catch

Barkley:
131 carries 585 yards 4.5/carry
62 receptions 530 yards 8.5/catch

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Watching a guy right now that I think would be a good Round 6 or 7 TE prospect. Nick Fitzgerald who is the Mississippi State QB. Good size and can run well.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's never too early, right?? Please forgive me, I'm a draft degenerate who's already excited for next year.

So it looks like next year will have some top heavy talent at Edge, iDL, OT, and a couple good-decent TE's. Hmmm...boy, that's not like this year, and almost like we have weaknesses at a lot of those positions! I hope some of you realize that picking up another 1st for 2019 was a brilliant stroke of forward thinking for more than one reason. These guys scout years in advance...they know. Anyways, some players I like, or at least have heard of.

Edge:

Joe Jackson - Miami: Followed this kid since he was a freshman. Long, long arms, lean athletic kid. 6'6 250 I think. He's a stud. This is a great edge class so he might slip to us. Watch for his teammate Jon Garvin in 2020. Garvin toasted Mike McGlinchley (#9 pick) as a true freshman on a speed rush last year.

Clelin Ferrell - Clemson: Would've been a sure fire 1st round pick this year. Clemson's DL has 4 potential first round picks! They're a championship contender.

Austin Bryant - Clemson: not as good as Ferrell, but good. Don't know much.

Nick Bosa - Ohio State: Potentially better than his brother Joey...which is saying something.

Brian Burns - Florida State: He's undersized (220) but FSU used him as their pass rusher over Josh Sweat. He's good. Needs to put on weight.

iDL:

Christian Wilkins - Clemson: Would've been a first round pick. Better than Vita Vea.

Rashaan Gary - Michigan: he's a freak.

Ed Oliver - Houston: another freak. Great, great, great DL class.

I know I'm missing some guys, but I can't remember who. For sure another Clemson guy who's name is slipping my mind at the moment.

TE: Noah Fant - Iowa: Literally the only guy I know. Had 11 TD's last year on 30+ catches.

WR:

AJ Brown - Ole Miss (I think): Supposed to be good. Never seen him.

Ahmonn Richards - Miami: Really good. Amari Cooper type.

OT:

Trey Young - Washington: Supposed to be good. Got hurt last year.

I know there's a guy from Wisconsin. Can't remember who. Help!

CB:

Greedy Williams - LSU: Great name, good game.

Michael Jackson - Miami: Good size, speed, and play.

ILB:

Shaq Quaterman - Miami: Started since he was a freshman. Good in all facets of the game. A little too short, maybe. True leader. Better than Martinez for sure.

Possibly all time great DL class. Draft seems to line up well with out weaknesses. I know there's a lot more guys I didn't mention, so help me out here!
I think just about anyone from Wisconsin’s O-line would be a great late first round, second round pick (nice to have two first rounders, even if one belonged to the Saints). Seems likely they’ll take an Edge Rusher with their first pick. The draft seems loaded at positions where GB has a need - ER, OL, TE. Any ideas about Safeties? Definitely an area of need, again.......

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think just about anyone from Wisconsin’s O-line would be a great late first round, second round pick (nice to have two first rounders, even if one belonged to the Saints). Seems likely they’ll take an Edge Rusher with their first pick. The draft seems loaded at positions where GB has a need - ER, OL, TE. Any ideas about Safeties? Definitely an area of need, again.......
I don’t think anyone on Wisconsin’s offensive line looks like a first round prospect right now. They all look like second and third round guys to me.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone on Wisconsin’s offensive line looks like a first round prospect right now. They all look like second and third round guys to me.
Keep an eye on where they go then. You may not be that impressed, but the NFL seems to love Badger O-Lineman and rightfully so.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep an eye on where they go then. You may not be that impressed, but the NFL seems to love Badger O-Lineman and rightfully so.

Agreed, Tyler Biadasz is my favorite of the Badgers being that he can play Center or Guard. I like him at Center though and move Linsley to Guard. Then all we need is David Edwards at RT, both could be available in the 4th Round where we have two picks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts