2019 NFL Draft Prospects

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Agreed, Tyler Biadasz is my favorite of the Badgers being that he can play Center or Guard. I like him at Center though and move Linsley to Guard. Then all we need is David Edwards at RT, both could be available in the 4th Round where we have two picks.

I like both players, but them being around still in the 4th round might be wishful thinking. I have seen both players mocked to go in the 1st Round. Biadasz has had an up and down season and Edwards is fighting a shoulder injury, so that might knock both out of Rd. 1, but I seriously doubt either make it out of Rd. 2. Keep an eye on 2 other Badger O-lineman, Guards Michael Dieter and Beau Benzschawel, both will probably be drafted before the 4th round.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ll always remember him kicking some guy in he face.
Billy Sims had possibly the nastiest stiff arm I’ve ever seen. Dude used to slow down to measure the poor sap just before he buried his face in the turf.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So i think our 4th rounder and our 4th round redskins pick are going to end up almost back to back about mid 4th ....both due to 500 records. So if you coupled both picks together, would it be enough to move up to first pick of fourth round? past history the packers love that first pick of the day. or maybe more like late 3rd. Or just stand pat with them ....and get all the breathing bodies possible.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
So i think our 4th rounder and our 4th round redskins pick are going to end up almost back to back about mid 4th ....both due to 500 records. So if you coupled both picks together, would it be enough to move up to first pick of fourth round? past history the packers love that first pick of the day. or maybe more like late 3rd. Or just stand pat with them ....and get all the breathing bodies possible.
2 mid 4th round picks are much more valuable than the first pick in the 4th...unless there is a guy sitting there that you absolutely think is a steal and will be gone. Those 2 picks are probably enough to trade up into the 20-25th pick of the 3rd round, but again, unless there is only one guy that is head and shoulders above the next 20-30 picks, I say you are better off staying pat and using the 2 picks on 2 guys.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 mid 4th round picks are much more valuable than the first pick in the 4th...unless there is a guy sitting there that you absolutely think is a steal and will be gone. Those 2 picks are probably enough to trade up into the 20-25th pick of the 3rd round, but again, unless there is only one guy that is head and shoulders above the next 20-30 picks, I say you are better off staying pat and using the 2 picks on 2 guys.
Yes sounds about right, I think we have so many needs the two 4ths will be nice...I just want the HA HA pick to turn into a stud pick like Bak...hopeful!

morango

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like both players, but them being around still in the 4th round might be wishful thinking. I have seen both players mocked to go in the 1st Round. Biadasz has had an up and down season and Edwards is fighting a shoulder injury, so that might knock both out of Rd. 1, but I seriously doubt either make it out of Rd. 2. Keep an eye on 2 other Badger O-lineman, Guards Michael Dieter and Beau Benzschawel, both will probably be drafted before the 4th round.

I agree with other posters that there are some high quality players on the badgers O-line. However that line has to some degree underperformed this year. They’ve had some good moments, and the run blocking has been pretty consistent but they have given up a ton of sacks and even some of their stars have been burned off the edge or been run over by bull rushes. Yes I think all five of this years starters have a good chance to play on sundays, but for the life of me I cannot tell you which ones will be worth a first round pick.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree with other posters that there are some high quality players on the badgers O-line. However that line has to some degree underperformed this year. They’ve had some good moments, and the run blocking has been pretty consistent but they have given up a ton of sacks and even some of their stars have been burned off the edge or been run over by bull rushes. Yes I think all five of this years starters have a good chance to play on sundays, but for the life of me I cannot tell you which ones will be worth a first round pick.

I totally agree and have been wondering the same thing about the OL all season for the Badgers. They had a big write up in Sports Illustrated before the season started, really singing their praises. Was that the kiss of death? I think some of their drop off was due to injuries, but I can't help but wonder if some of their drop off wasn't also due to looking ahead to the Pro's and maybe playing a bit "careful" to try and avoid a major injury. It also didn't help that Badger QB Hornibrook had a bad season, as well as in and out with injuries that pretty much allowed defenses to say "pass on us, but you aren't going to run on us". Despite that, the OL made enough room for Jonathan Taylor to rush for 1989 yards thus far and the whole team has rushed for 3221, those are really big numbers.

Badgers have a few new horses ready to go next year, so the OL should be good again. Taylor has to come back one more season due to NCCA rules of when a player can declare for the NFL. As long as he doesn't get pirated off our commitment list, I am mostly excited about income Freshman QB Graham Mertz. He is perhaps the most heralded and anticipated recruit in Wisconsin Badgers football history. Urban Meyer and the Buckeyes are still trying to steal him away.

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree and have been wondering the same thing about the OL all season for the Badgers. They had a big write up in Sports Illustrated before the season started, really singing their praises. Was that the kiss of death? I think some of their drop off was due to injuries, but I can't help but wonder if some of their drop off wasn't also due to looking ahead to the Pro's and maybe playing a bit "careful" to try and avoid a major injury. It also didn't help that Badger QB Hornibrook had a bad season, as well as in and out with injuries that pretty much allowed defenses to say "pass on us, but you aren't going to run on us". Despite that, the OL made enough room for Jonathan Taylor to rush for 1989 yards thus far and the whole team has rushed for 3221, those are really big numbers.

Badgers have a few new horses ready to go next year, so the OL should be good again. Taylor has to come back one more season due to NCCA rules of when a player can declare for the NFL. As long as he doesn't get pirated off our commitment list, I am mostly excited about income Freshman QB Graham Mertz. He is perhaps the most heralded and anticipated recruit in Wisconsin Badgers football history. Urban Meyer and the Buckeyes are still trying to steal him away.

Thing is, considering usually the Badgers offensive strength is running the football, I wonder if any of their OLmen are suited for pass blocking. That would be the key to me in drafting an OT specifically. Still, if there is another Mark Tauscher in their camp, I'm all for getting him here.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Thing is, considering usually the Badgers offensive strength is running the football, I wonder if any of their OLmen are suited for pass blocking. That would be the key to me in drafting an OT specifically. Still, if there is another Mark Tauscher in their camp, I'm all for getting him here.
Something Scouts will know, but by the number of former Badger OLmen playing in the NFL (currently 7 I think), I would say they tend to come out of the UW as pretty decent pass and run blockers.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, Tyler Biadasz is my favorite of the Badgers being that he can play Center or Guard. I like him at Center though and move Linsley to Guard. Then all we need is David Edwards at RT, both could be available in the 4th Round where we have two picks.

Why...why...why would we move Linsley to guard? He's a center only.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Biadasz is only a Sophmore and most are predicting he will be back for the Badgers next year.

Michael Dieter (G) was named Big 10 Lineman of the year, that would be the guy I would keep an eye on. Probably not a first rounder, but might be worth a second round pick.

Members online

Latest posts