2019 Must Drafts If Available

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I like Campbell but better than Michael Thomas that's unlikely. Also like te irv Smith Jr from Alabama

Yes, Campbell has the talent to be better then Thomas. Thats why we can't afford to pass him up.I believe he is more explosive then Thonas.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, Campbell has the talent to be better then Thomas. Thats why we can't afford to pass him up.I believe he is more explosive then Thonas.

Of course he's more explosive. But better than Michael Thomas? Lol.

If there's a recent OSU player that his style actually compares to, it's Curtis Samuels. Note I said style of player.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Of course he's more explosive. But better than Michael Thomas? Lol.

If there's a recent OSU player that his style actually compares to, it's Curtis Samuels. Note I said style of player.

Never liked Samuels that much coming out. I like Campbell better in and out of cuts and in open field with Campbell also being slightly bigger and having significant larger wingspan. Campbell can also hit top gear in a few steps. He projects to me as someone that could have a Greg Jennings type impact for us and play all three receiver spots as well as out of backfield.

Will depend on the new coach but if we get Josh McDaniels then Campbell would make perfect sense for this offense and we could probably get him with our second first round pick.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That mock has Jonah Williams falling to the 2nd round. I would be mad if we passed on Williams at #10 tbh.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Oh good! I have been waiting to see which prospect was going to be shoved down everyone's throats for the next 5 months.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It's December and someone already knows who we "must draft." Exciting.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Oh good! I have been waiting to see which prospect was going to be shoved down everyone's throats for the next 5 months.

Yeah it would just be horrible to have the likes of Joe Mixon and Courtland Sutton right now in our depleted offense. Maybe it should of gotten shoved even harder cause our offense sucks which I warned of and something tells me there will still be people with this fantasy of trying to build an elite defense which is a massive "pipe dream".

Reaction score
There’s 2 ways to skin a cat.

We don’t need a top 5 D to win a Championship. In my humble estimation we need a top 12 D.. one that’s basically not going to get torched by opposing playoff caliber Offenses and give up a 40 burger (E,g, the 2018 Rams, KC, etc..) Our 2014 team was a good example of this approach. We lost to Seattle they absolutely did not deserve that game. 5 INT? Who loses a playoff game after forcing 5 INTs???
That takes an opportunistic D secondary which this young D is being molded with experience as we speak. We are 2 solid Pass rushers away from being formidable. Id make a move in FA first to the Demarcus Ware I his prime, Peppers in his prime type athlete.

We absolutely need an Offense that can put up 30-35pts a game. We need to tool Rodgers by giving him a sharp sword (Kamara or Hunt type weapon underneath to exploit the overaggressive pass rush by dumping off to an explosive athlete) We also need to have another guy who is Bak level as a OT but plays inside Guard and is a stellar run blocker. If Bak or Bulaga goes down there should be a negligible drop in protection. Then I’d hit round 4 with not one but 2 OG prospects for depth and competition.

We also need pair Davante with a Wideout who gives him a run for his money. I’d rather see us get a known quantity like Dallas did with Amari. We 100% need a second true #1 perimeter receiver, then IMO after that, we’re ok with a few #3 types like an MVS or Geronimo etc..
It’s time to draft a young stud TE to compete for the #1 spot with Graham. We need to develop his successor for the throne. Benching the Kendrick’s type aged value experiments needs to end in 2019.

After that we need another ILB type like LVE from Dallas to pair with Martinez. We need to get the run D under control. I’d still try to resign Mo short term if he recovers, he was disruptive early and often. He’s also a stop gap to buy us until 2020 to reinvigorate the DL.

This all wont come in the draft, but we can use 2-3 FA pickups coupled with 3-4 of these positions firmed up by early day 3. Then we can continue pressing firmly on the gas in 2020.

If Florida States Edge rusher Brian Burns is around towards the end of round 1 I’d consider using that NO pick of even trading picks for him, then I’d pair a Demarcus Lawrence type FA with him.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Yeah it would just be horrible to have the likes of Joe Mixon and Courtland Sutton right now in our depleted offense. Maybe it should of gotten shoved even harder cause our offense sucks which I warned of and something tells me there will still be people with this fantasy of trying to build an elite defense which is a massive "pipe dream".

Wasn't Calvin Ridley supposed to suck and be way worse than Sutton? Do you really think people were down on Mixon because of his football ability? Charles Harris ringing a bell?

But it's cute that you think the issue is the prospects you liked. As you'll recall, the both of us liked Harris and Sutton to varying degrees-- we just disagreed about where the Packers should draft them, or who was better/worse. The issue was that you turned every thread into "EVERYONE MUST LIKE WHO I LIKE AND EVERYONE WHO I DONT LIKE SUCKZZZ."

By the way-- our 5th round rookie has one less catch, about 100 fewer yards, and 1 TD less than Sutton on fewer snaps and fewer targets... they drafted him at pick #174.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Wasn't Calvin Ridley supposed to suck and be way worse than Sutton? Do you really think people were down on Mixon because of his football ability? Charles Harris ringing a bell?

But it's cute that you think the issue is the prospects you liked. As you'll recall, the both of us liked Harris and Sutton to varying degrees-- we just disagreed about where the Packers should draft them, or who was better/worse. The issue was that you turned every thread into "EVERYONE MUST LIKE WHO I LIKE AND EVERYONE WHO I DONT LIKE SUCKZZZ."

By the way-- our 5th round rookie has one less catch, about 100 fewer yards, and 1 TD less than Sutton on fewer snaps and fewer targets... they drafted him at pick #174.

I like MVS but he isn't Sutton. At least not yet. Sutton also plays in Denver with Case Keenum and not with Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. Sutton is bigger and will be Denver's no.1 receiver here soon and moving forward into his second season. Scantling is a 3 and kind of a one trick pony. Once again I like MVS but it's kind of like comparing apples and oranges at this stage.

In fact that's why we have become a second rate offense because we thought we could get guys that were good in later rounds and not great just because we have Rodgers. "Backfire"

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I like MVS but he isn't Sutton. At least not yet. Sutton also plays in Denver with Case Keenum and not with Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. Sutton is bigger and will be Denver's no.1 receiver here soon and moving forward into his second season. Scantling is a 3 and kind of a one trick pony. Once again I like MVS but it's kind of like comparing apples and oranges at this stage.

In fact that's why we have become a second rate offense because we thought we could get guys that were good in later rounds and not great just because we have Rodgers. "Backfire"

I don't think MVS is Sutton. The latter is clearly better. I'm just pointing out that you're prematurely crowing about his production.

We became a 2nd rate offense this year because the marriage of Rodgers and McCarthy went south.

I also don't know why you're going on about being the only one wanting offense high in the draft. There were offensive players in my cluster as well. It's a straw man.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We became a 2nd rate offense this year because the marriage of Rodgers and McCarthy went south.

The tension between Rodgers and MM was real but there also is frustration between Rodgers and some of the players and Rodgers not being too happy with what he has been given to work with. Throw in McCarthy's predictable offense and it was a disaster in the making.

The bottom line is we need more playmakers on offense and we need them now.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The tension between Rodgers and MM was real but there also is frustration between Rodgers and some of the players and Rodgers not being too happy with what he has been given to work with. Throw in McCarthy's predictable offense and it was a disaster in the making.

The bottom line is we need more playmakers on offense and we need them now.

They need someone who can win in the short passing game and they need to rebuild the right side of the line.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
They need someone who can win in the short passing game

Yes, they need Parris Campbell. :cool:
I would go along with the OL and another RB. I'm not sold on Jones being a bell cow. A TE that can press the seam would help too.

This whole thing has been a "Triple Failure". TT for letting the talent level on offense get very thin. MM for running concepts that lack creativity and not consistently matching your best players in favorable positions. Rodgers for letting it all get to him and not handling it like the highest paid player in the league and veteran leader.

I'm convinced we need to get Josh Mcdaniels in here. He has shown over and over he knows how to match guys up and if he can handle Brady he can handle Rodgers. Mcdaniels will find something that works and puts the peddle down on it untill the defense can prove they can stop it. Then he adjusts appropriately. MM way too many times took his foot off the gas.

Last edited:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Yes, they need Parris Campbell. :cool:
I would go along with the OL and another RB. I'm not sold on Jones being a bell cow. A TE that can press the seam would help too.

This whole thing has been a "Triple Failure". TT for letting the talent level on offense get very thin. MM for running concepts that lack creativity and not consistently matching your best players in favorable positions. Rodgers for letting it all get to him and not handling it like the highest paid player in the league and veteran leader.

I'm convinced we need to get Josh Mcdaniels in here. He has shown over and over he knows how to match guys up and if he can handle Brady he can handle Rodgers. Mcdaniels will find something that works and puts the peddle down on it untill the defense can prove they can stop it. Then he adjusts approximately. MM way too many times took his foot off the gas.

I'm not on the McDaniels train, but I do think that we need more flexible, creative, and up to date creative mind.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm not on the McDaniels train, but I do think that we need more flexible, creative, and up to date creative mind.

We need someone that can handle Rodgers and keep him where he needs to be. I've heard some things and McDaniels has the swagger and moxy to fill that role along with being a genius play caller.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
We need someone that can handle Rodgers and keep him where he needs to be. I've heard some things and McDaniels has the swagger and moxy to fill that role along with being a genius play caller.

No fans really know anything about that one way or the other. But he certainly didn't handle his QB well his first time around as a HC.

Members online

Latest posts