2019 Must Drafts If Available

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Paris Campbell WR/RB Ohio State - Offensive star better than Michael Thomas on the Saints

2. Jaylon Ferguson DE/LB Louisiana Tech

3. Dru Samia OT Oklahoma

4. Jalen Elliott S Notre Dame

5. Trayveon Williams RB/WR (Alvin Kamara player) Texas A&M

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Paris Campbell WR/RB Ohio State - Offensive star better than Michael Thomas on the Saints

3. Dru Samia OT Oklahoma

I like Campbell but better than Michael Thomas that's unlikely. Also like te irv Smith Jr from Alabama

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

3. Dru Samia OT Oklahoma

No telling who may be available. ( read: no telling how high our pick may be)

Of course Nick Bosa, Q William's and Ferrell would be no brainers. If we are picking around 12ish then we are looking at maybe OT Little, DT Simmons, or Allen.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Campbell but better than Michael Thomas that's unlikely. Also like te irv Smith Jr from Alabama

Well I'm willing to bet with Rodgers throwing to him he would put up Michael Thomas numbers. Not to mention you can motion him around and run a few jets or RPO stuff with him, in other words the kind of elements of offense most people are saying this team needs. I could see him (in the event MM is not fired) making even our current setup look a lot better than it is.

I seen a few highlights of Smith, but I feel this roster is already oversaturated with TEs and needs a few more true faster smaller wideouts to start getting speed on it. But as I also said, we gotta look at some of these current NCAA top OLmen like Samia to protect Rodgers from these blitzes.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, what would this team do with another kenny clark type guy on the Dline LOL

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I can say is no more drafting DTs first round
Games are still won or loss in the trenches. Daniels is on the decline. Wilkerson is a FA. Adams and Lowry appear to be serviceable but haven't stepped up to impact players (although Adams may get there).

What are you seeing that we dont need talent there?

And are you under the impression we have gone after 1st round DTs often as of late?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyways, late first round I don't think you can pass on Dalton Risner if he's there.

Initially, what I like is this:
1A: Josh Allen (edge), Clelin Ferrel (edge) one of those guys. If Ed Oliver (iDL) or Quinnen Williams (iDL) falls to you, draft him. Could probably throw Jonah Williams (OT) in there too, but he seems unlikely.

1B: Dalton Risner (OT/OG) is my dude, think Yodney Cajuste (OT/OG) is a suitable option.

2: TJ Hockenson (TE) from Iowa. Stud, possibly better than his teammate Fantastic. Maybe a guy like Taylor Rapp or Parris Campbell, but I don't love Campbell.

Sign Earl Thomas in FA. That essentially fixes a lot of our defense. Need, need, need OL. Need a Bulaga replacement, and need a LG so Taylor can go to RG.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Games are still won or loss in the trenches. Daniels is on the decline. Wilkerson is a FA. Adams and Lowry appear to be serviceable but haven't stepped up to impact players (although Adams may get there).

And are you under the impression we have gone after 1st round DTs often as of late?

Dude is gonna reference Harrel, just wait for it.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also Parris Campbell better than Michael Thomas?

That's insane, stupid, and every other insult I can think of.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We've gone after too much defense period as of late.

Any more defensive picks in the first round and I would fire our whole damn front office immediately.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've gone after too much defense period as of late.

Any more defensive picks in the first round and I would fire our whole damn front office immediately.
Admit it, you were going to say Harrell before JJ posted this . . .

Dude is gonna reference Harrel, just wait for it.

I forgot about Datone Jones in 2013 otherwise its Clark and in 2009, Raji. So in this decade 2 of 9 first rounders are DL.

Anyway, you must take what the draft brings you. There is so much DL and OLB talent in this draft it's almost a certainty that BPA will line up with 5T or OLB at our pick. You cant have enough of these guys and they are vital to a teams success. I wouldn't look at balancing picks on offense and defense, but on who is available at our pick and which BPA improves our team the most.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Admit it, you were going to say Harrell before JJ posted this . . .

I forgot about Datone Jones in 2013 otherwise its Clark and in 2009, Raji. So in this decade 2 of 9 first rounders are DL.

Anyway, you must take what the draft brings you. There is so much DL and OLB talent in this draft it's almost a certainty that BPA will line up with 5T or OLB at our pick. You cant have enough of these guys and they are vital to a teams success. I wouldn't look at balancing picks on offense and defense, but on who is available at our pick and which BPA improves our team the most.

Jones was drafted as an edge.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 Kenny Clark type players in this draft and it would be an overwhelming success.

Go back 30 years and you'll se it's way more defense early than offense in the first round. Go ahead. Do it. Picking a WR in the first round would be dumb.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 Kenny Clark type players in this draft and it would be an overwhelming success.

Go back 30 years and you'll se it's way more defense early than offense in the first round. Go ahead. Do it. Picking a WR in the first round would be dumb.

Man **** with this ****. That is the dumbest piece of BS ever stated.

Besides, this is today, not the ****ing 30 years ago dinosaur league.

This is an offensive league not a defensive one.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Just ignore the clown. He ain't worth the time.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man **** with this ****. That is the dumbest piece of BS ever stated.

Besides, this is today, not the ******* 30 years ago dinosaur league.

This is an offensive league not a defensive one.
are you seriously this unhinged?

Just last year, 14 of the first 32 picks were on Defense, which seemed to slightly favor offense only because of the number of QB's taken
2017, 18 of the first 32 defense
2016, 17 of the 31 first rounder-Defense
2015-15 defense of 32
2014- 18 of first 32 defense

Pick a team like the Patriots since 2006 when our current regime kind of hit stride, 7 Defensive 1st round picks compared to 4 on offense
Pick another one we can keep going...

But I think i'm done here, with you anyway.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I can say is no more drafting DTs first round

If Josh Allen is gone, I'm definitely considering Raekwon Davis, Rashaan Gary, or Jerry Tillery.

yeah, what would this team do with another kenny clark type guy on the Dline LOL

Switch to 4-3. I've been saying it for the last 3 years. I believe Clark can play 5T as well, 2 players of that caliber that we can line up anywhere on the line to create mismatches would be stellar if we remained in a 3-4.

3. Dru Samia OT Oklahoma

I'm mocking Samia in the 5th-7th Round....are you projecting a diamond in the rough? His teammate Cody Ford grades out in the 2nd-3rd Round.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I wanted P. Campbell last year but he decided to go back to school. He would be an unbelievable pick up for this offense and just what they need. He is size/weight what you look for and can accelerate on a dime. He would day 1 give this offense a home run threat and open things up nicely. A huge huge upgrade over the jettisoned Montgomery or the overpaid and regressed Cobb.