The 2019 Dantés Draft Thread

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Its about to get much much better.

I"ll also give you another guy we should take a very very very very long look at is Keesean Johnson of Fresno State. Well see how he runs at combine but he is a sleeper that can ball. Devante Adams 2.0 if you must know. :cool:

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Campbell is at best the 3rd best WR in this class and most likely none will be taken by the time we take our first pick. We could get one of them or one of the top 2 TE's with our second pick. AJ BRown, N'Keal Harry, Noah Fant, or Albert Okwuegbunam with the Saints pick would be ideal after drafting a falling defensive stud like Bosa (not going to happen), Oliver (probably not going to happen), or Allen (probably not going to happen) or one of the top OT's (Little or Williams) with our pick.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Campbell is at best the 3rd best WR in this class and most likely none will be taken by the time we take our first pick. We could get one of them or one of the top 2 TE's with our second pick. AJ BRown, N'Keal Harry, Noah Fant, or Albert Okwuegbunam with the Saints pick would be ideal after drafting a falling defensive stud like Bosa (not going to happen), Oliver (probably not going to happen), or Allen (probably not going to happen) or one of the top OT's (Little or Williams) with our pick.

I like that move of attacking the board and gettting the playmaker on offense they want and love right out the gate. No more of this waiting and being cute with it to see if he'll slip to us the second time around.

We are in perfect position in this draft to get the guys we need. No excuses.

D

Deleted member 6794

We certainly dont need to waste a top pick on a "box safey". They have drafted both Jones(2nd round) and Burks(3rd round) to play hybrid LB roles and Brice can play SS too. So we have both Brice and Jones that can play SS. Anything but a late round flier on a box safety would be a waste.

If the new coaching staff isn't convinced Jones, Burks or anyone else on the roster being available to perform at a decent level playing strong safety the position needs to be addressed this offseason once again, no matter the Packers spent second and third round picks on those guys.

We would be far better off with Joe Mixon, Courtland Sutton and Parris Campbell then where we are now.

To be fair, it would have been awfully tough to acquire Campbell by now ;)

I think our biggest need as a team is at Guard.

The Packers need to address the offensive line but in my opinion there are more pressing needs than guard.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's not many more pressing needs than Guard. We're awful there and interior pressure is kinda important

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
There's not many more pressing needs than Guard. We're awful there and interior pressure is kinda important

Got that handled "Chris Lindstrom" Boston College. He is a beast. He would fit perfectly what we do now but not sure what scheme the new OC will have.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rename thread to "Dantes v. Brandon"

I put Brandon on ignore because the dude is impossible.

He has his side, and ain't nobody gonna convince him he could ever possibly be wrong...even after last year's debacle.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The young guys are still what we thought earlier. Could be, might be, have looked good at times, but there's been a whole lotta nothing in between. MVS started better than he's finished. EQ didn't have many opportunities early, but he's shown some stuff here recently. But in the end, none of them are giving me a lot think they're going to make some sort of jump this offseason.

There's apparently an article by Bob McGinn stating that the new WR coach is the problem.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Rename thread to "Dantes v. Brandon"

I blame myself. I need to just ignore. There's no point. And it cluttered things up! I posted something real about Jonah Williams and it got buried.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Whatever. I've put 3-4 prospects out there and almost every time Dante and Jubilee immediately disagree.

I'm actually fine with it cause I welcome the debate. I thought that is what it's all about. You guys have strong opinions so why can't I?

Fine, take your ball and go home. Wah Wah.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dawson Knox entered the draft.

He's a TE that wasn't utilized very well, but he is certainly somebody we should be interested in.

This is a very good TE class. Possibly one of the best in recent history. We should pick one up this year.

D

Deleted member 6794

Once again, there's no doubt the Packers need to upgrade the guard position but there's a decent chance to achieve that on day three of the draft.

They should use their early rounders on more pressing needs being tougher to address with a late round selection.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Riley Ridley's lack of production causes him to drop like it did for Michael Thomas.

Cause Ridley is a top 3 WR in this class, and he would fill a huge need for us.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's apparently an article by Bob McGinn stating that the new WR coach is the problem.

Yeah heard Rodgers doesn't respect him and even the rookie wrs stopped consulting him after just a couple of games and instead turned to davantae Adams. Apparently a lot of the time when it seemed Rodgers was mad at the rookie wrs he was in fact mad that their coach was teaching them incorrectly. Also it was said that Rodgers did not respect the qb coach to the point that they sat 20 feet apart on the bench and even when the coach tried to talk to Rodgers, Rodgers ignored him and just kept looking at his tablet.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just did this 4 round mock I'd be happy to get any of these guys I think. I wonder what others think of these guys. Not nessicarily where they were picked but just the prospects.

#11 deionte Thompson safety Alabama
#32 Aj brown wr missippi
#43 Irv Smith te Alabama
#74 Beau benzschawel ol Wisconsin
#113 joe jackson edge miami
#118 Parris Campbell wr Ohio State

That's a day one starter at wr, ol, possibly edge, te if graham isn't back. A wr room of davate Adams, Jake Kumerow, mvs, eq, jmon Moore, aj brown, and Parris Campbell is a very deep and diverse group of weapons

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just did a mock where we got:

1) Joey Bosa
1B) Quinnen Williams
2) Jonah Williams
3) Deionte Thompson
4) Mack Wilson

Thoughts????????!!!!!

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would prefer the Packers to sign FA Chance Warmak to fill the need at RG and hope they can get Deionte Thompson as the 1st pick.

As for the #30-some pick from the Saints, if TE Albert Okwuegbunam falls far enough, I'd love that one.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's that season again! Can discuss the various 'experts' predictions here.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...ackers-jachai-polite-tj-hockenson-first-round

12. Green Bay Packers: Jachai Polite, DE, Florida
31. Green Bay Packers: (via New Orleans): T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa

The Packers need a pass rusher in a big way. Polite is coming off a big season at Florida that included 11 sacks and 16 tackles for loss. Polite is a terror around the edge and closes on the quarterback violently. Jachai Polite has become a popular name in draft circles for his impressive production and high-end athletic traits. He probably doesn’t fit into every defense, and the Packers could shift to a new scheme under their next head coach, but Polite offers plenty of intrigue as a 3-4 outside linebacker.

Hockenson, a redshirt sophomore, is being coy about his intentions regarding the 2019 draft. If he does go pro, Hockenson is arguably the best tight end in the draft. He leads Iowa in receptions and receiving yards, and he’s equally as good as a blocker. He can be a nice check-down target for Aaron Rodgers, who seems to need all the help he can get. If T.J. Hockenson declares, he will battle with Iowa teammate Noah Fant to become the first tight end selected in the upcoming draft. Green Bay just signed Jimmy Graham to a multiyear contract last year, but the limited returns could push general manager Brian Gutekunst to find a long-term answer in the draft.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we’re going to take a guy vying to maybe be the best tight end from Iowa with a first round pick? Doesnt sound great to me

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we’re going to take a guy vying to maybe be the best tight end from Iowa with a first round pick? Doesnt sound great to me

Hawkeye fans I talk to say Tj is better than Fant and Fant will be the first or second te taken. Bama has a really good te I have seen mocked to the Packers as well. There is also a good te out of Missouri. All depends who comes out early but if Fant, Hockenson, Smith from Alabama, and the guy from Missouri whose last name I can't spell all come out early I would hope the Packers wait until round 2 to draft a te. I doubt all 4 would go before the Packers pick

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one position that does 't usually bust if you have them evaluated as a first round player are TE's it seems. But then not many are taken in the 1st round either. I think with OLB, OL, DL Safety etc needs, we go that route before TE. But I guess if they picked the next Tony Gonzalez in the 1st I won't be complaining.

Members online

Latest posts