2018 Week 1: It's Bear hunting season already.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh you people of little faith! I knew rodger would pull it off. LOL i'm not worthy! i'm not worthy! hail rod! holy moly! an ugly game turned into one of the most bitter sweet wins!

Starr To Dowler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you imagine being a Bears fan at this moment? I need to find one of their radio stations on the internet ASAP...

Starr To Dowler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, do we move on from him? If he continues to play, whatever F'd up in that knee isn't going to heal.

Mebbe, mebbe no. Depends. If it's an MCL, he'll probably be fine, although it may take a while to mend. My strong hunch is that it is a grade 2, maybe Grade 3, MCL sprain. That would be consistent with the hit, his immediate reaction, the way he used his leg in the second half, and especially with the fact that they sent him back out again with at most a lightweight stability brace. When he first tested it, he looked as though it was slightly unstable, which suggests a torn ligament. If it was any ligament but an MCL or LCL (the one that Favre injured in 2002), I very much doubt they would have played him again, especially with such a minimal brace.

If it's an MCL or LCL, then yeah, you're right - he won't heal as fast, and playing the second half when it was still fresh didn't help any. But a lot of players play right through an MCL without ever missing a game - especially guys who aren't putting major torque on the knee with every play, like a WR, RB, or DB. Normal healing time for a Grade 2 is 2 to 4 weeks if you're resting it, Grade 3 is 4 to 8. Playing every week, he may have to wear a brace most of the season, although the bye a month from now will probably help.

It's football. When Favre hurt his knee, we all knew he was going to be out there every week and he'd be fine. Aaron's not the ironman Favre was, but he's still pretty damned tough. He'll be OK.

Members online

Latest posts