2018 Draft Prospects

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I think a player we might be able to get is Bradley Chubb(North Carolina State). I have watched him play nearly every game the last two seasons and he can dominate a game. I believe he would help bolster our pass rush over night. With the Packers season going the way I expect it to go he will most likely be in a play. This would be a sweet pick. He is top 10 talent for sure.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Deshaun Davis ILB Auburn. Best of the players I've seen so far.
As far as draft capital goes TT rates the ILB position on par with OG and RB. Just ahead of FB, kicker, punter. I'd look for his commitment papers and guys in white coats if he took an ILB with a high pick.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saquon Barkley
A great thing about tanking would be not only getting a top 10 talent, but our second pick would be around where we usually pick in round 1.

As elite a talent as Barkley is, there is absolutely no need to upgrade from Jones from what we've seen and hopefully continue to see. I do believe that offense needs to be addressed with an early pick. More athleticism at the receiver positions is needed.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as draft capital goes TT rates the ILB position on par with OG and RB. Just ahead of FB, kicker, punter. I'd look for his commitment papers and guys in white coats if he took an ILB with a high pick.
It may seem that way...but he did select AJ Hawk number 5 overall.

Of course, it's possible that that experience is why he is reluctant to spend another high pick on an ILB lol.

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://www.packerforum.com/threads...-may-not-be-lost-yet.75921/page-4#post-743235

But yea-Chubb would be a much needed shot-in-the-arm for our D. I think he could stand up and rush from a 3pt stance in our D/whatever D we're playing next year under a new DC. We gotta get a legit pass-rusher because all Perry has is a bull-rush that gets you just around 10 sacks a season. For $60M?!?!? Hogwash. He should be near 15 a year with a gang of pressures/knockdowns if he were a true #1 EDGE guy for us. We all know #52 is not what he once was as a pass-rusher, but he is still effective as a jack-of-all-trades linebacker and could be beneficial still if we had a young stud or two to handle the load of getting to the QB.

The focus on the 2018 draft HAS TO BE PASS RUSH.

Last edited:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we land a Top 5 Pick. Top 10 MIGHT be in the discussion but based on the schedule we have moving forward I could see 1-2 games being won so I would say maybe around 13-17. The silver lining is that if TT repeats what he did last year in terms of actually making good draft picks, we might be too stacked to be beat in 2018 if AR bounces back.

We're too early to be doing full blown mocks, but based on where I think we might end up, I like DE Trenton Thompson from Georgia:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bulaga and Baktiari are injured a lot and Bulaga maybe has one or two decent seasons left. Can't rule out a legitimate left tackle now that Spriggs looks like a major bust. I'm not sure defense should be the highest priority since it appears that no matter who TT drafts on defense , Capers can't mold a credible defense. Maybe the only option left for the Packers in the MM, TT Capers era is to go all in with AR and try to win shootouts.

H

HardRightEdge

Probably pretty high as chances are we dont win another game this season. So maybe Top 5 pick?
C'mon. The Browns are on the schedule. Beating the Bears 3-0 is a possibility if turnovers can be avoided.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
With the possibility (praying) of Martellus Bennett retiring, I would love to go after Troy Fumagelli as a second or third rounder assuming his stock doesn’t soar. He’s the same size as Gronk coming out of college (minus about 10 pounds). I love watching the kid play.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So with our O-line sucking chunks... no need to address that?

Yes, we do need another OL; particularly OT, I would say. However, this is a team that probably would have picked 30th-32nd if AR had not gotten hurt and with Jones taking off like he has. So if we're picking Top 5 or Top 1o, we need a player who is literally a "plug-and-play" Pro Bowler/Rookie of the Year. I haven't done a lot of research on the Draft Class of this year because normally we're still in the thick of the Playoff Race and trying to see what could use a little bit more improvement, but for the 2018 Draft, if there is a silver lining, we're getting players we wouldn't normally "deserve" to get.

So with that being said, unless there is an Orlando Pace or Jonathan Ogden out there when we pick we go after the best game changer there is on Defense. We can go after an OL in the 2nd or 3rd Rounds, or probably right where TT likes them in Rounds 4-6; which still won't be too bad because with our "higher than normal" position we should still get a hopefully "better" type of prospect.

Arden Key would only be a DE in a 4-3 Defense and Bradley Chubb plays DE in a 4-3 Defense for NC State. So unless the firing of Dom Capers is imminent(Please Sweet Baby Jesus), I don't see us going after either player, at least as a DE. I haven't seen tape on Chubb with his hand up at all, so only Key would have value at the OLB spot.

Depending on Draft Position in the 1st Round, I would go:

Arden Key, OLB - LSU
Trenton Thompson, DE - Georgia
Dorace Armstrong, OLB - Kansas
Roquan Smith, LB - Georgia
Clelin Ferrell, OLB - Clemson
Taven Bryan, DE - Florida
Josh Allen, LB - Kentucky
Harold Landry, OLB - Boston College
Austin Bryant, OLB - Clemson

I know nine guys is a lot, but it's just too early to know for sure where we end up in the Draft, plus there are a lot of big games still yet to be played in college, so these guys will slide and rise as we get closer to December, as will our Draft Position. And don't get me started on the combine....

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would go either Josh Allen QB Wyoming (I think he'll drop due to level of play in college) or Mike Gesicki TE Penn State in round 1 depending on which is available in the top 10 (Let's be honest that's where we're drafting) If we don't get either in R1, I think you still have to get both positions, at TE I think by round 3 you have to look at Fumagali out of UW, for QB if we can't get Allen (To me he looks like Elway when he was young) I would go after Mason Rudolph of OSU who plays in a style similar to what we have in Green Bay or Rosen out of UCLA who the little bit I saw of him I LOVED late in the A&M game. Let's be honest here, Aaron may not make the 7 years he wants to...we need to be looking for the heir apparent now, and for all intents and purposes we don't have it, which I erroneously thought we did.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would go either Josh Allen QB Wyoming (I think he'll drop due to level of play in college) or Mike Gesicki TE Penn State in round 1 depending on which is available in the top 10 (Let's be honest that's where we're drafting)

With Rodgers planning on playing for several more seasons there's absolutely no reason for the Packers to use a first round pick on a quarterback.

Reese2017

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a player we might be able to get is Bradley Chubb(North Carolina State). I have watched him play nearly every game the last two seasons and he can dominate a game. I believe he would help bolster our pass rush over night. With the Packers season going the way I expect it to go he will most likely be in a play. This would be a sweet pick. He is top 10 talent for sure.

Why are you always getting dlinemen,just drafted3 in the last two years ,receiver might the way to go

Latest posts