2016 Opponents

What will be the Packers record in 2016?

• Total voters

Caleb Hendricks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although the dates are not set, the opponents in which we will play are. Overall a pretty soft schedule. Any thoughts on some games that jump out at you? Final record predictions?

Home Games
Minnesota Vikings
Detroit Lions
Chicago Bears
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Seattle Seahawks
Indianapolis Colts
Houston Texans

Away Games
Minnesota Vikings
Detroit Lions
Chicago Bears
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle and surprisingly Giants are the two games that pop out at me. Makes me want to see a 2nd year Randall get matched up with OBJ.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle and surprisingly Giants are the two games that pop out at me. Makes me want to see a 2nd year Randall get matched up with OBJ.

I'd be careful what you wish for. Love Randall and his potential but OBJ, as I'm sure you're well aware, is a special player.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love getting the Falcons instead of carolina. The Vikings won the division this year on that. Based off this year's strength which is only slightly accurate we play the two worst divisions in football. That can't hurt. If Houston finds a qb and indy finds a defense then it gets tougher.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Packer fan from SC I really REALLY wanted another shot at Carolina. This bandwagon based team needs to be brought down a notch and I would love to see Jordy and Monty be the ones to do it. But overall, the schedule isn't too bad. Good year to rebuild, recoup and start fresh.

OP
OP
Caleb Hendricks

Caleb Hendricks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best case scenario with some of the home games would be to play the Eagles early in the year when they are just getting use to the system Pederson puts in, and then getting Houston and Indy near the end of the season to bring two dome teams into Packer weather.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be careful what you wish for. Love Randall and his potential but OBJ, as I'm sure you're well aware, is a special player.

Yeah I know. I just feel that Randall is going to an island as he progresses in his career and gets better. He a special guy too.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Much easier schedule compared to 2015.

You never really know from year to year how teams are going to pan out. Except for the road games with Denver, Carolina and Arizona 2015 should have been a little "easier" than expected at the start. Who thought the Packers would lose all 3 home in-division games? I think most had them going anywhere from 12-4 to 14-2 during preseason chatter.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Dallas gets a healthy Romo back they will be much tougher to beat. It's hard to predict but I don't see the Eagles turning that lousy defense around in one season. A lot depends on how the young quaraterbacks develop. If Bortles, Cousins and Mariota improve then those games will get a lot harder. Also the Pack will likely face Andrew Luck again. While the schedule may appear soft, it does have its share of good quarterbacks. Atlanta won't be easy. The Packers will face an elite qb and Julio Jones but the Falcons defense is just terrible. That game will very likely be a shoot out.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Dallas gets a healthy Romo back they will be much tougher to beat. It's hard to predict but I don't see the Eagles turning that lousy defense around in one season. A lot depends on how the young quaraterbacks develop. If Bortles, Cousins and Mariota improve then those games will get a lot harder. Also the Pack will likely face Andrew Luck again. While the schedule may appear soft, it does have its share of good quarterbacks. Atlanta won't be easy. The Packers will face an elite qb and Julio Jones but the Falcons defense is just terrible. That game will very likely be a shoot out.

You're a lot more even keeled than I am. This schedule is the reason why I think MM approached his press conference the way he did. Yes there are some decent QBs in our schedule, but with an entirely healthy offense with Jordy Nelson coming back and a rising defense with Matthews back on the outside, the expectation is that the Packers are looking for revenge and a SB. If we indeed have the easiest schedule in the 2016 season, you better believe TT and MM are going to do everything they can to make sure we get there or bigger heads will roll this time.

D

Deleted member 6794

Taking a look at the Packers opponents as of right now I don´t see any reason the team won´t be able to clinch a first-round bye.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schedule looks great. Even the home/away matchups work out in our favor (getting our toughest opponent Seattle at home, and getting the tough AFC teams Indy and Houston at home and the weak Titan and Jaguar teams on the road.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never put any stock in schedules this time of the year. We are going by what these teams did last year, not what they'll be this coming year. Time and time again, history tells us that there will be some worst to first types of teams crop up. Yesterdays 3-13 might be tomorrows 13-3. You never know in today's NFL.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts