1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

2014 Starting Lineups

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, May 3, 2014.

1. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    Think they already miss EDS along with Wells. I'm still upset TT let Wells get away. This line could of been stout in the middle but now there's to many questions about who's playing where. When you have a franchise qb you have to do whatever it takes to protect the guy. Center hasn't been constant since Wells left. I wonder if Sherrod can play center??

2. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    No. He's a LT only. Think a bigger Newhouse with better pass blocking and much worse run blocking. Remember Newhouse playing Guard that one game?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    I don't think he's ever played it. Which means he could be like Barclay, bad snaps. But just because someone's never played a position doesn't mean they aren't viable. Sherrod is an interesting name, I mean there's a reason he was a first round selection at one point. Maybe he could be our hidden gem at c? I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    Newhouse was never projected a 1st round prospect. We've barely seen Sherrod, not a fair comparison. Like I just mentioned, he was a first round pick for a reason

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Because he's a LT with a high ceiling at LT. He doesn't however project well to the interior line, plus he doesn't have the mindset for it. High hips, bends, and bad leverage; each the cause of the other. Newhouse had a higher RT/G ceiling but not the mindset. They're kittens. We saw BOTH of them try it at Guard, and both looked godawful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Sherrod is a naturally huge man with long arms, and quick lateral agility. He eats speed rushers, but struggles with power guys. You don't want a guy who struggles against power on the inside of your OL where you face nothing but power guys.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    I wonder how many guys would have to go down to throw our long snapper in at center.

8. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,848
    Well, that could result in some interesting options with Rodgers in the shotgun. :D

9. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    3. Happened back in 2011.

10. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +396
    If we don't get Mosley I would be happy even if TT picked Yarwin Smallwood to replace Brad Jones. I would be thoroughly dissapointed if Brad Jones was starting against the Seahawks. That would be very bad sign. I really like Deone Bucannon but I don't know why anyone isn't mentioning Terrence Brooks. IMO he has more upside then any free safety in the draft. He would most definitely be a day 1 starter and soon after you would see many "Terrence Brooks" jersey's showing up at Lambeau. I really believe this guy could be answer at safety since one of my favorite Packers of all time "Nick Collins" was injured.

11. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    Terrence brooks is mentioned in almost every single thread about the draft. I think we could all agree he may have the biggest upside and I think 99% of us would say Buchanan would be about the most pointless pick at safety we could make. Buchanan IS Sean Richardson, just more polished.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    How'd he play? I think he's really small for an OLM of any kind isn't he?

13. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +396
    Deone Bucannon wouldn't be pointless IMO. I think he would be an upgrade at SS. I agree 100 percent that a true free safety would make more sense considering the current roster.

14. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +396
    Obviously Burnett cant hold it down at free safety so we don't have the luxury of taking a guy like Deone Bucannon.

15. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    He was a bit bigger then, but it was still bad. EDS at G and Newhouse at LT with Goode snapping. I think we might have had Lang on RT too. We didn't even have the depth to throw a DT at G back then. Somehow we made it through without Rodgers getting hurt.

16. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +519
    I think this year is the last chance for Perry, Neal and Sherrod to prove they can cut it.

We need an impact ILB or FS bad. The impact FS may not be there, and picking Shazier is chancy--which a lot of mock drafts have us doing. He's blazing fast, he has a high ceiling, he can probably run down the Kaepernicks and cover the TEs, but does he have the football instincts that Mosley has, and can he tackle Matt Fortes, the APs and the LeSean McCoys head on?

17. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,848
    I really can´t remember Goode taking any snaps at center, which game did this happen in???

18. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,848
    I expect Neal and Perry to be around in 2015 as well. Neal just signed a two-year deal and did pretty well last season playing a new position, leading the team in QB pressures. I hope Perry´s capable of staying healthy, he has shown some potential, especially when playing on the right side. Sherrod will be gone if he doesn´t end up starting this season.

The problem with Shazier is that he probably won´t be able to get off blocks by OL at the second level.

19. Luca

Luca Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    I'am not sure whether I agree. I seems like he does a decent (not great, but decent) job getting off blocks, especially for his size. The issue with Shazier though is that he misses a lot of tackles (So he is great fit for our defense). Moreover Shazier is just not a good pass rusher.

Overall Mosley is the better player. Plus Mosley can play at WILB and SILB, while Shazier is probably just a WILB. Mosley might start straight away, while Shazier might have to prove his value in the nickel and dime packages first. I prefer Mosley, but I think he will be gone before we pick, so I would seriously consider Shazier.

By the way: did anyone notice that Shazier (237 lbs) was heavier at the combine than Mosley (234 lbs). Btw Jamari Lattimore only weights 230 lbs, so Shazier wouldn't be the lightest on the packers squad.

20. Pack-12

Pack-12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    The ? is whether you think a guy who was playing at 220 or less can keep that weight on during the season. He looks like DB size on tape and whatever you have to do to gain 20+lbs in a few months is probably not something you are going to be able to keep up with during the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    It was late in the season and Wells only went down for a few plays

22. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,848
    Mosley is by far the better fit for our defense and I agree he´s capable playing WILB and SILB. I don´t think Shazier will play at 237 pounds.

23. profile_removed

profile_removed Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    No way under ANY circumstance do I want Morgan Burnett starting this year!

24. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,848
    Like it or not, with the contract he signed last offseason he´s all but guaranteed to start in 2014. He should be fine starting at SS as long as we can find a solid starter at FS.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. profile_removed

profile_removed Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Ted's slipping. He Hawk and Jones are the top 3 problems we have on D, and Raji is a close 4.