2011 possible draft picks

hokiefan768

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's what I think would be good picks for the Packers to take. Tell me what you think
1st Round: RB Ryan Williams
2nd Round: OT Marcus Cannon
3rd Round: WR Titus Young
4th Round: CB Rashad Carmichael
5th Round: LB Casey Matthews

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the demand for a RB....Assuming we have Grant back next season we have him starks and bjax

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Titus Young would be a slam dunk. All that kid did at Boise was make plays. I'd love to have him.

Loved what I saw out of Casey Matthews at Oregon all year. If we could get him in the mid rounds it'd be a bargain.

As far as Ryan Williams, I like him a lot and I think he'll be a really good back in the NFL, but I'm not sure we need him.

DCEBB2011

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's what I think would be good picks for the Packers to take. Tell me what you think
1st Round: RB Ryan Williams
2nd Round: OT Marcus Cannon
3rd Round: WR Titus Young
4th Round: CB Rashad Carmichael
5th Round: LB Casey Matthews

I only have a couple issues with this mock:

1. Young could be gone in the late 2nd round.
2. Carmichael could be gone in the 3rd round.

I would consider someone like Toliver (WR) in the 3rd and Marsh (CB) in the 4th round. I think those two players are good value and should be available in those rounds. Otherwise, not a bad mock IMO.

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Williams as well (although i can see your bias mr hokiefan) but i don't think we should go that high with a RB this year. Also, I have heard Matthews might not get past the third round, just because of who he is.

Chop0Suey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Titus Young would be a slam dunk. All that kid did at Boise was make plays. I'd love to have him.

Loved what I saw out of Casey Matthews at Oregon all year. If we could get him in the mid rounds it'd be a bargain.

As far as Ryan Williams, I like him a lot and I think he'll be a really good back in the NFL, but I'm not sure we need him.

I agree completely. I think Williams will be a solid back, but unless there's an all-world back (like LT or Adrian Peterson) I just don't see the need. As for Titus and Casey, I believe they both will end up grading out higher than 3rd and 5th, so I'd say there's a good chance they'll be gone...

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st Round: RB Ryan Williams probably a reach
2nd Round: OT Marcus Cannon I honestly think he will go before 64
3rd Round: WR Titus Young Alot of talk of him moving into the first round after his really solid senior bowl appearance.
4th Round: CB Rashad Carmichael might have just fallen into the 4th with his senior bowl
5th Round: LB Casey Matthews and as somebody said before doubt we are this lucky to get him here

In the first round I'd like to get Jimmy Smith, Mohamed Wilkerson, or Phil Taylor but I'm sure I'll change my mind a million times before the draft rolls around. The second is where things get hard to project especially at 63 or 64.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been hearing that this year's draft was full of talent in offensive linemen...I think we are going to take the best available, I think that's how TT usually goes about it anyway, I think that would suit us best, never reaching for talent, but taking the best available, served us pretty well so far...NO TEAM IN THE NFL could've made it this far w/ the amount of injuries we have sustained

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the draft.
Never really got into it or followed it or checked out potential players.
All I know is that I am going to trust Ted Thompson and his eye for developing talent.

And let's not forget that we will have all or most of those guys on IR coming back next year.

I think we can expect an even better Packers team next season.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see them get a good Kick/punt return man. It's the one area that TT has ignored and has proven time and again to screw us in games.

Pouncey is one that could fall too us and make a great OL depth and replacement for Wells (I've never liked Spitz as Center). I would love to have another OLB on the other side of Mathews.

We don't have a lot of holes, just rounding out depth, though I think we could use another WR if James Jones goes

rivalriesoh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm also not entirely sure we need another running back. Our O-Line is solid and it doesn't necessarily matter who we have carrying the rock

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Decent offensive line class in 2011 so first round the Packers need to get one.

Carimi tops my list but if he's gone, they may go with Sherrod.

I think then they go D-line or maybe LB depending on who is available in round 2. Someone like a DT Corey Liuget from Illinois or DE Cam Heyward from OSU if he drops because of the elbow injury. Kelvin Sheppard from LSU and Mark Herzlich from BC are 2 guys I like as well but they could both be around in round 3.

If the Pack wants to shore up at RB, Evan Royster should be around in the later rounds.

Reaction score
i don't think we will pick up casey matthews. i would love to have both, but i think it could cause some drama. could you imagine casey living in clay's shadow? he looked good though. if they decide to pick him, i won't complain!

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Casey Matthews value dropped to the 4th at the combine. He didn't lift much and now has an injury. We have a chance to pick him up since we weren't gonna invest on him with first 3 picks. Those go to OT, OLB, and WR.

Members online

Latest posts