1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

2008 season- my take

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ohiopacker, Aug 12, 2008.

1. ohiopacker

ohiopacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sux that Favre is gone , lotta great memories- superbowls - mvps crazy plays great plays - iron man - but being a life long Packer Backer (42 yrs) im looking foward to the upcoming season. Rodgers has a good rb and wrs and def and kicker, so all he has to do is manage the game make plays and dont force it and the Pack will be playoff bound possible super bowl- our young guys will do nothin but get better . I'll still follow Favre and hope he does good , but the Pack is Back for a run at the super bowl !

2. NFL_GEEK

NFL_GEEK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    cough! cough! yeah...i hope so..

3. 4rules

4rules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Love your optimism - hope you're right. I'm a realist, and a little dubious of this team's chances.

4. °Jacob°

°Jacob° Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    im sure your a realist not brett favrist, with the name #4rules

5. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    There ya go. Fixed it for ya.

6. mossdog

mossdog Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    we are better this year than the giants were last year... take that as you will.

7. ElleBlue

ElleBlue Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    All I can say is, wait and see. I don't want to make predictions yet. On paper thing look a little iffy, with Rodgers having to get acclimated to being the starter (and leader). But he could just very well, slide into that role the way Favre did in '92.

8. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I think the Packers will win 11 games and take the NFC North division title.

The offense will be better balanced from the start especally with the running game. I like the 1/2 punch of Grant and Jackson. If healthy, the WR's will be a real strong point and give defences headaches.

D-line health will also be a key. I like our LB's. If the D can create TO's and the team can hold a good plus TO rating I like the Packers chances this year.

9. pack4life

pack4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I think that's the key, Rodgers needs to learn to manage the game, we don't need him to be the hero, just make smart plays and not make game changing mistakes.

Also, i saw a lot of new members post on this thread, welcome to all of you, nice to get this forum active

10. mike bat

mike bat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    i agree ... he needs to stay calm and play the game ... there are a few teams that dont have great QBS ,, and win games ... we have the talant on bolth sides of the ball ... like pack said ,, just make smart plays ... i think Rodgers could turn out to be a great qb ,, i just dont want to see him rush and make mistakes ... Rodgers has shown groth through out the preseason ,, so i believe he is on the right track .. i know we could be a great team ,, however its just too early to get carryed away ... lets play 5 or 6 and we will have a better ideal where we stand ... GO PACK GO