2005 draft, how Aaron slipped to GB

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Accordung to Andrew Brandt Rodgers was the only player left out of the top tier. As far as I can remember they waited for other teams to call with a trade offer but didn't think about drafting a different player.
Yes I'm aware of Brandt's report on it but if you read the article you'll see they mention a brief discussion about another player

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/04/24/aaron-rodgers-alex-smith-2005-nfl-draft

Anyone know the player they debated briefly taking other than Aaron?
I posed this question awhile back and got no responses so I decided to look into it as best I could.
Of course nothing is for sure but it appeared to me from the various articles I read that the Packers were considering Marlin Jackson, CB out of Michigan who went to the Colts with the 29th pick.
To my knowledge he played there for 3 years moved on was injured and is now out of football.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it meant anything more than, "hey, it's our pick, he's our top rated, anybody have anything else to say before we turn in our pick?" type "conversation.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yes I'm aware of Brandt's report on it but if you read the article you'll see they mention a brief discussion about another player

My bad, I replied to the thread before I read the article. Obviously I don't have any idea who McKenzie is talking about.

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posed this question awhile back and got no responses so I decided to look into it as best I could.
Of course nothing is for sure but it appeared to me from the various articles I read that the Packers were considering Marlin Jackson, CB out of Michigan who went to the Colts with the 29th pick.
To my knowledge he played there for 3 years moved on was injured and is now out of football.

I agree. I also remember reading various post draft articles and listening to local interviews citing the
Packers were interested in Jackson.

If you want a reminder that the NFL draft is a crapshoot, check out the first two rounds of the 2005
Draft.

Members online

Latest posts