1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

2005 draft, how Aaron slipped to GB

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, May 23, 2015.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
  2. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,640
    Accordung to Andrew Brandt Rodgers was the only player left out of the top tier. As far as I can remember they waited for other teams to call with a trade offer but didn't think about drafting a different player.

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Yes I'm aware of Brandt's report on it but if you read the article you'll see they mention a brief discussion about another player

4. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +568
    I posed this question awhile back and got no responses so I decided to look into it as best I could.
    Of course nothing is for sure but it appeared to me from the various articles I read that the Packers were considering Marlin Jackson, CB out of Michigan who went to the Colts with the 29th pick.
    To my knowledge he played there for 3 years moved on was injured and is now out of football.

5. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,795
    I don't think it meant anything more than, "hey, it's our pick, he's our top rated, anybody have anything else to say before we turn in our pick?" type "conversation.

6. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,640
    My bad, I replied to the thread before I read the article. Obviously I don't have any idea who McKenzie is talking about.

7. TeamTundra

TeamTundra Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    I agree. I also remember reading various post draft articles and listening to local interviews citing the
    Packers were interested in Jackson.

If you want a reminder that the NFL draft is a crapshoot, check out the first two rounds of the 2005
    Draft.

8. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +93
    All I could find was Marlin Jackson, CB, Michigan. Maybe that's one of the questions to ask TT when they get stuck in the elevator