17th Annual Draft Contest

H

HardRightEdge

Gee, i think you are being a little ******* the Beaver, giving him the business and all.
Hey, Eddie was ahead of his time. Check out the thrash metal track in this video, as he gives the Beav the business:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited by a moderator:

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At first glance I said, "This is stupid.":tdown: But then my second thought was "But what if you won?":rolleyes:

1 - Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama - The consensus fan pick, but will he still be around at #27?
1 - Johnathan Bullard, DL, Florida - A tweener DL that will fall because of his measureables.
1 - Shaq Lawson, OLB/DE, Clemson - Due to medical issues and a deep draft with so many other options he could fall.

2 - Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor - The Justin Harrell TT always wanted....but will he be available?
2 - Carl Nassib, DE, Penn State - Got injured and STILL led the Nation in sacks. A workaholic who's got the juice.
2 - Beniquez Brown, ILB, Miss State - If Ragland isn't there at #27, TT has to consider him. No, he HAS to take him.

3 - Blake Martinez, ILB, Stanford - A tackle machine with the speed to compete in coverage.
3 - Nick Kwiatkowski, ILB, West Virginia - A stat sheet stuffer ILB who makes INTs when he drops back into his zone.
3 - Austin Hooper, TE, Stanford - A mismatch nightmare who has potential as a blocker.
3 - Jerell Adams, TE, South Carolina - The fastest TE in the Draft, at 6'5 who's a large yet agile target downfield.

4 - Joshua Garnett, G ,Stanford - Good size, good strength, balanced in the run and the pass. A steal in the 4th.
4 - Joe Dahl, OL, Wash State - They call him the "Poor Man's Bakhtiari". TT could very well be intrigued.
4 - Graham Glasgow, C, Michigan - One of the best OL at the Senior Bowl and at East-West, a steal if he's available.
4 - Josh Ferguson, RB, Illinois - Solid RB who is elusive and can contribute in the passing game.
4 - Keith Marshall, RB, Georgia - Despite the injuries, he still runs a 4.31; high upside change of pace back.

5 - Caleb Benenoch, OL, UCLA - A superb run blocker who with better coaching could be a future quality starter.
5 - Chris Brown, WR, Notre Dame - TT loves his WRs; and if he wants to put Adams on notice Brown makes the point.

6 - Brian Poole, CB, Florida - A CB that runs 4.40 who could eventually be groomed to replace the departed Hayward.
6 - Joe Schobert, OLB, Wisconsin - A solid 3-4 OLB who can provide pressure on the edge, and he's still adding bulk.

7 - Roger Lewis, WR, Bowling Green - It's year 3 for Janis/Abbrederis....if they don't impress, next man up!

D

Deleted member 6794

I may do the same, which would be a double jinx. Seriously, though, this Ohio State tape looks pretty bad:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The fact he did only 20 lifts at the Combine shows up here. A lot of technique work to do. Not a 2016 player, that's for sure.

Beavers had the worst pass blocking efficiency of all draft eligible tackles in college last season and looked absolutely terrible during Senior Bowl practices. Hopefully the Packers pass on him.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beavers had the worst pass blocking efficiency of all draft eligible tackles in college last season and looked absolutely terrible during Senior Bowl practices. Hopefully the Packers pass on him.
I shudder when I see his name on a Packer mock. Just isnt a football player. Doubt he plays in the nfl.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I shudder when I see his name on a Packer mock. Just isnt a football player. Doubt he plays in the nfl.
I already gave you plenty of reason... Beavers..... Willie Beavers...... years and years of built in dirty jokes... Definately Sweaty beavers... If he grows a pony tail like Sitton or Bahk, he will be a hairy beavers.... Willy got hit in the head. Willy is too upright. None of his friends would ever get laid because willy blocking all the time.....on and on and on.... well worth a 4th rounder IMO.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten in touch with Ted Thompson to see if he would want to participate in this event? Would be rather interesting to see who he thinks he will pick. :coffee:

H

HardRightEdge

I have to repeat the facts, when people get all side tracked on things like blocking ability, and stuff... Got to focus on whats important...
You are aware that you have Beavers listed in the 4th. round, right?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are aware that you have Beavers listed in the 4th. round, right?
Just basing all my picks off CBS draft rankings. He is 1st on the 5th round rankings. I bumped him up because of the willie beaver thing. But we went over that already...But after listening to you guys, Im thinking its time to keep looking for the next beaver...

Im looking at the guys who were 3 or 4 year starters at LT. 320+. and turn him into a guard.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
1 - DT Vernon Butler
1 - ILB Reggie Ragland

2 - DL Kenny Clark
2 - LB/S Su´a Cravens
2 - OLB Noah Spence

3 - ILB Scooby Wright
3 - OLB Kyler Fackrell
3 - ILB Jaylon Smith

4 - RB Josh Ferguson
4 - TE Jarell Adams
4 - ILB Tyler Matakevich

5 - DL Anthony Zettel
5 - OL Vadal Alexander
5- RB Josh Ferguson

6- P Riley Dixon
6 - OT Kyle Murphy
6 - OG Alex Redmond

7 - WR Mike Thomas (Southern Miss)
7 - TE Tanner McEvoy

Thinking about these guys:

OT Jason Spriggs (2nd)
DE/OLB Roy Robertson-Harris (7th)

Last edited:

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's my two cent's worth (minus common cents):

Rd-1
Vernon Butler DE
Jack Conklin OT
Emmanuel Ogbah DE
Jarran Reed DT

Rd-2
Hunter Henry TE
Le'Raven Clark OT
Chris Jones DT
Kyler Fackrell OLB
Kentrell Brothers ILB

Rd-3
Sheldon Day DT
Matt Ionnidis DT
Willie Beavers OT

Rd-4
Beniquez Brown ILB
Joe Schoebert OLB
Hassan Ridgeway DT
Jerell Adams TE

Rd-5
Kenyan Drake

Rd-6
Jake Coker QB
Tom Hackett P

Rd-7
Michael Caputo S

Final Version

Rd-1
Vernon Butler DE
Jason Spriggs OT
Emmanuel Ogbah DE
Andrew Billings DT
Noah Spence DE

Rd-2
Hunter Henry TE
Kamalei Correa, OLB
Javon Hargrave DT
Kyler Fackrell OLB

Rd-3
Austin Hooper TE
Sheldon Day DT
Joe Schoebert OLB
Beniquez Brown ILB
Matt Ionnidis DT

Rd- 4
Kentrell Brothers ILB
Jerell Adams TE
Kenyan Drake RB

Rd-5
Joe Haeg OT

Rd-6
Jake Coker QB

Rd-7
Tom Hackett P

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Round

1. Vernon Butler - DE - Louisiana Tech

2. Noah Spence - OLB - Eastern Kentucky

2. Andrew Billings - DT - Baylor

3. Mitch Mathews - TE - BYU

3. Jaylon Smith - OLB - Notre Dame

4. Kelvin Taylor - RB - Florida

4. Kyle Murphy - OT - Stanford

4. Jordan Jenkins - OLB - Georgia

4. Kenneth Dixon - RB - Louisiana Tech

4. Moritz Boehringer - WR - Schwabisch Hall

4. Miles Killebrew - SS - Southern Utah

4. Blake Martinez - ILB - Stanford

4. Joe Haeg - OT - North Dakota St.

4. Joe Schobert - ILB - Wisconsin

4. Nick Vigil - ILB - Utah St.

5. Luke Rhodes - ILB - William & Mary

5. Jayron Kearse - S - Clemson

6. Kevin Byard - S - Middle Tennessee State

6. Keith Marshall - RB - Georgia

7. Willie Henry - DT - Michigan

I didn't pay much attention recently to what other people are doing so it was very surprising to see that a few of your lists are quite similar. PkrJones and Jetfixer especially. You guys are in trouble. I'm really bad at guessing Thompson's board.

Last edited:

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 - Andrew Billings NT
1 - Reggie Ragland ILB
1 - Jarran Reed DL
1 - Vernon Butler DL

2 - Josh Perry ILB
2 - Noah Spence OLB
2 - Hunter Henry TE
2 - Kenny Clark NT
2 - Su'A Cravens ILB

3 - Jerrell Adams TE
3 - Beniquez Brown ILB
3 - Jaylon Smith ILB

4 - Sheldon Day DL
4 - Joe Haeg OT
4 - Paul Perkins RB
4 - BJ Goodson ILB

5 - Kyle Murphy OT
5 - Joe Dahl OG

6 - Deoindre Hall CB

7 - Mitch Mathews WR

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Round

1. Vernon Butler - DE - Louisiana Tech

2. Noah Spence - OLB - Eastern Kentucky

2. Andrew Billings - DT - Baylor

3. Mitch Mathews - TE - BYU

3. Jaylon Smith - OLB - Notre Dame

4. Kelvin Taylor - RB - Florida

4. Kyle Murphy - OT - Stanford

4. Jordan Jenkins - OLB - Georgia

4. Kenneth Dixon - RB - Louisiana Tech

4. Moritz Boehringer - WR - Schwabisch Hall

4. Miles Killebrew - SS - Southern Utah

4. Blake Martinez - ILB - Stanford

4. Joe Haeg - OT - North Dakota St.

4. Joe Schobert - ILB - Wisconsin

4. Nick Vigil - ILB - Utah St.

5. Luke Rhodes - ILB - William & Mary

5. Jayron Kearse - S - Clemson

6. Kevin Byard - S - Middle Tennessee State

6. Keith Marshall - RB - Georgia

7. Willie Henry - DT - Michigan

I didn't pay much attention recently to what other people are doing so it was very surprising to see that a few of your lists are quite similar. PkrJones and Jetfixer especially. You guys are in trouble. I'm really bad at guessing Thompson's board.
I didnt even read anyones list before i did mine. And a lot of the guys i picked were on a lot of other guys boards... Good sign i hope.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I didnt even read anyones list before i did mine. And a lot of the guys i picked were on a lot of other guys boards... Good sign i hope.
The more I look at my list the less I like it. May have to make some changes. Reuter mock 7.0 is out and they have us picking 3 of the same guys I did. This might be the year when I finally get on the scoreboard.

Last edited:

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I look at my list the less I like it. May have to make some changes. Reuter mock 7.0 is out and they have us picking 3 of the same guys I did. This might be the year when I finally get on the scoreboard.
Lol. Yea, me too. :)

Get on the score board that is.

H

HardRightEdge

I like my bottom half of the board better than top. There are enough question marks for 2017 at edge rusher and O-Line that Thompson might surprise.

In fact, I'm going way out on a limb and moving Kaufusi up to the 1st. round! :eek: Better to have a guy with solid weak-side 5-tech and 3-tech potential than a true NT or strong side 5-tech like Butler. Kaufusi could be an elephant come 2017. I see a lot of scheme flexibility here.

Last edited by a moderator:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I like my bottom half of the board better than top. There are enough question marks for 2017 at edge rusher and O-Line that Thompson might surprise.

In fact, I'm going way out on a limb and moving Kaufusi up to the 1st. round! :eek: Better to have a guy with solid weak-side 3-tech and 5-tech potential than a true NT or strong side 5-tech like Butler. He could be an elephant come 2017. I see a lot of scheme flexibility here.
I'm inclined to agree. He's one of the three guys I've considered changing in. I'm almost afraid to change my answer from A to C now. As soon as I do, Thompson will draft A.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Round 1: Leonard Floyd OLB/ILB

Alts: Jarran Reed DT
Andrew Billings DT

Round 2: Deion Jones (if no Floyd in round 1)

Round 3: Jerald Hawkins OT

Beyond round 3 I ain't even gonna speculate.

H

HardRightEdge

In fact, I'm going way out on a limb and moving Kaufusi up to the 1st. round! :eek: Better to have a guy with solid weak-side 5-tech and 3-tech potential than a true NT or strong side 5-tech like Butler. Kaufusi could be an elephant come 2017. I see a lot of scheme flexibility here.
I forgot Kaufusi is 25 years old...Mormon mission, which is why I put him in the 3rd. round in the first place. I'll split the difference and go 2nd. round.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Round 1: Leonard Floyd OLB/ILB

Alts: Jarran Reed DT
Andrew Billings DT

Round 2: Deion Jones (if no Floyd in round 1)

Round 3: Jerald Hawkins OT

Beyond round 3 I ain't even gonna speculate.
C'mon, Expat, you're only 15 more names from completing the task and giving yourself a shot at being "the Master"... unless you feel you can beat everyone with just those 5 ;)

Members online

Latest posts