130 million dollar fan

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Falcons have signed Vick to a 10 year 130 million dollar contract. What a joke!. He might make a decent running back but he is not a great QB. He is no real threat throwing the ball, make no mistake he is a threat with his feet, but 130 million man he ain't. 37 million of that is guaranteed. See how great he is once he has that money. My money says he turns into a bust. :lol:

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think you're crazy. bust?? maybe if he broke his knee..

vick is the reason the falcons aren't a joke anymore. the only reason i wouldnt go over the top building an entire offense around him is because he's so susceptible to injury when he bolts.

i cant argue the worth issue, i don't really think any of these high profile players are worth their contracts, but thats a whole other can o'worms.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
And here I thought it was because they hired a pretty dam good Defensive Coordinator.. what "was" I thinkin'.... :roll:

yeah that DC is a gem!

and slick i won't deny the numbers, but you can't deny his pure athleticism and effectiveness. dude is the real deal.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a fantastic athlete but that much money forget it. He has fantastic running skills and an OK arm but no matter how much you can run as an NFL QB you need to have a great arm to outperform the others.
Later
Leopardmech

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tj rubley? you mean the guy that audibled and threw a pick to cost us the game at the dome?

no one can argue that vick isn't good. as a fantasy qb, he sucks. in the NFL, you'd be hard pressed to find another single player that would crumble a team if he were gone. his numbers may not always be great and i personally don't think the falcons are 11-4 good but the bottomline is that he wins games and one in particular in a certain frozen area of the country in a historic venue during the playoffs veruses a team that was amazing with the temp below freezing. that's also a good pt about the revenue that he brings in. atlanta didn't have this much support since the days of deion.

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would never give a QB who can't throw the ball in the pocket that kind of money that's just stupid. A QB who can run is nice to have but he won't last especially ten years. Just look at Mcnair he's talking retirement.
you'd be hard pressed to find another single player that would crumble a team if he were gone.
Do you know what forum your on.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer4ever said:
I would never give a QB who can't throw the ball in the pocket that kind of money that's just stupid. A QB who can run is nice to have but he won't last especially ten years. Just look at Mcnair he's talking retirement.
you'd be hard pressed to find another single player that would crumble a team if he were gone.
Do you know what forum your on.

if nall took over next yr, the packers wouldn't be horrible. def not a PO favorite but what happens if the falcons look to matt shaub? 0-16? 1-15?

DefenseWinsCliche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 time probowler, going to the playoffs for the 2nd time, plus he's 24 years old, only a few month older than Eli Manning..........

Yeah, he looks like a bust to me :lol: :lol: :roll:

cbdevil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
that's also a good pt about the revenue that he brings in. atlanta didn't have this much support since the days of deion.

In reality, that is the bottom line. Vick puts butts in seats and jerseys on kids around America. He gives Atlanta prime time games. He is a money making machine.

Not to mention, the Falcons have not had a "franchise" qb since Bartkowski. Sure we had one of the greatest, and definitely the toughest, qb's during his rookie year, but our previous owner thought it was a good idea to trade him.

OP
OP
Y

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not

saying Vick is a bust now. He is a threat and he does put butts in the seats and make money for the franchise and the NFL. What I am saying is what happens when he gets his hads on this BIG money is that it's likeley to happen that he won't be the player he once was. Look at the graveyard of potential superstars that teams signed to big contracts and then flopped.
That is what I predict will happen to Mike Vick. He won't be able to handle it.

DefenseWinsCliche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: I'm not

yooperfan said:
saying Vick is a bust now. He is a threat and he does put butts in the seats and make money for the franchise and the NFL. What I am saying is what happens when he gets his hads on this BIG money is that it's likeley to happen that he won't be the player he once was. Look at the graveyard of potential superstars that teams signed to big contracts and then flopped.
That is what I predict will happen to Mike Vick. He won't be able to handle it.

Like Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb? :lol:

cbdevil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, that just means you don't know Vick. It is a very valid observation that many players turn to mush when they get a big contract. But Vick is a competitor. He wants a place in history. He wants to be a winner. But he also needed to know the Falcons would not give up on him if he struggled in the new system. Vick will do his best.

Of course a career ending injury would make it a huge bust.

Members online

Latest posts