10 Man Practice Squad Predictions

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Might be a bit premature to start predicting this, but since there is already talk about it in various threads, I thought it would be fun to start a thread on who people predict the Packers will try to and be able to retain on the coveted 10 man PS

Right now I see the following as having a good shot:
  1. Michael Clark
  2. Milachi Dupre
  3. Devante Mays
  4. Adam Pankey
  5. Taysom Hill
  6. Reggie Gilbert
  7. Marwin Evans
  8. ??
  9. ??
  10. ??

Reaction score
1) Joe Callahan
2) Aaron Jones
3) Lucas Patrick
4) Geoff Gray
5) Kofi Amichia
6) Max McCaffrey
7) Michael Clark
8) **** I'm running out of room and I haven't even finished with the offense yet
9) Four or Five CBs
10) Dom Capers

I'm not good at this.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might be a bit premature to start predicting this, but since there is already talk about it in various threads, I thought it would be fun to start a thread on who people predict the Packers will try to and be able to retain on the coveted 10 man PS

1. Michael Clark
  2. Milachi Dupre
  3. Devante Mays
  4. Adam Pankey
  5. Taysom Hill
  6. Reggie Gilbert
  7. Marwin Evans
  8. ??
  9. ??
  10. ??

I think marwin evans makes the roster as 5th safety for sure. I think it's likely taysom hill makes it as 3rd qb because with 2 more strong performances he won't clear waivers and I think reggie Gilbert makes it if Vince biegel starts on pup which I think is likely

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think marwin evans makes the roster as 5th safety for sure. I think it's likely taysom hill makes it as 3rd qb because with 2 more strong performances he won't clear waivers and I think reggie Gilbert makes it if Vince biegel starts on pup which I think is likely
I like Evans, but his spot will be determined by how many DB's the Packers choose to carry, last year they kept 10. Currently the secondary is pretty packed:
  1. Dix
  2. Burnett
  3. House
  4. Jones
  5. King
  6. Randall
  7. Rollins
  8. Gunter
  9. Hawkins
  10. Brice
  11. Evans
and 7 other guys.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Evans, but his spot will be determined by how many DB's the Packers choose to carry, last year they kept 10. Currently the secondary is pretty packed:
  1. Dix
  2. Burnett
  3. House
  4. Jones
  5. King
  6. Randall
  7. Rollins
  8. Gunter
  9. Hawkins
  10. Brice
  11. Evans
and 7 other guys.

I think they would keep evans over Gunter. Evans has no physical limitations to his potential and Gunter is severely limited by speed. I think they could keep 11 though and Gunter could turn into a good player in the slot kinda in the al Harris mold. Reason they likely keep 11 is all the talent and Burnett and Jones will play some at lb

D

Deleted member 6794

1. Michael Clark
  2. Milachi Dupre
  3. Devante Mays
  4. Adam Pankey
  5. Taysom Hill
  6. Reggie Gilbert
  7. Marwin Evans
  8. ??
  9. ??
  10. ??

I agree with thequick in that I expect Marwin Evans to make the final roster.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is my kick at the can.
Michael Clark WR
Malachi Dupre WR
Deangelo Yancy WR
Taysom Hill QB
Devante Mays RB
Justin McCray G
Christian Ringo DL
Cody Heiman LB
Herb Waters CB
Jordan Tripp LB

I think the Packers will cut Gunter and keep Evans. Injuries will also play a big role. If Barclay comes back before the start of the season, Gray or Amichia will land on the practice squad and McCray will get the boot. While the Packers would like to stash Ringo on the practice squad if he gets cut he could get claimed by another team.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
My guess...
  1. T. Hill, QB
  2. D. Mays, RB
  3. M. McCaffrey, WR
  4. M. Clark, WR
  5. G. Gray, OL
  6. K. Amichia, OL
  7. C. Ringo, DL
  8. R. Gilbert, OLB
  9. L. Pimpkins, CB
  10. D. Brown, CB
Some of these depend on health statuses as the regular season approaches. If Barclay is back, they can think about keeping Amichia over Patrick. If Biegel can play week four of preseason and looks good to go, maybe Calvin is more like to bump down and Gilbert is straight up let go.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

1. Dix
  2. Burnett
  3. House
  4. Jones
  5. King
  6. Randall
  7. Rollins
  8. Gunter
  9. Hawkins
  10. Brice
  11. Evans
and 7 other guys.
I can see all 11 of those guys on the roster with Gunter questionable. I could see Brown maybe bumping him out. That kind of choice will probably come down to ST contribution.

H

HardRightEdge

1. Michael Clark
  2. Milachi Dupre
  3. Devante Mays
  4. Adam Pankey
  5. Taysom Hill
  6. Reggie Gilbert
  7. Marwin Evans
  8. ??
  9. ??
  10. ??
Don't you have to pick your 53 first?

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I can see all 11 of those guys on the roster with Gunter questionable. I could see Brown maybe bumping him out. That kind of choice will probably come down to ST contribution.

Agreed, the secondary will have some tough cuts......experience and average play VS inexperience and potential. I don't see a lot of rookie late round and udfa secondary guys picked up on waivers after the final cut, so the Packers may choose to keep a guy like Gunter and try to stash a guy like Brown on the PS.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Michael Clark WR
Malachi Dupre WR
Deangelo Yancy WR
Taysom Hill QB
Devante Mays RB
Justin McCray G
Christian Ringo DL
Cody Heiman LB
Herb Waters CB
Jordan Tripp LB

I think the Packers will cut Gunter and keep Evans. Injuries will also play a big role. If Barclay comes back before the start of the season, Gray or Amichia will land on the practice squad and McCray will get the boot. While the Packers would like to stash Ringo on the practice squad if he gets cut he could get claimed by another team.

I think Herb Waters was already released on an injury settlement? I see the need to keep at least 2 OL due to the current state of the depth on the OL. If one of them isn't currently on the team, the Packers may pick up one to try and develop. Same with ILB, we are just too thin with Ryan, Martinez and Thomas, so Tripp or Heiman might be that guy they need to carry.

D

Deleted member 6794

Michael Clark WR
Malachi Dupre WR
Deangelo Yancy WR
Taysom Hill QB
Devante Mays RB
Justin McCray G
Christian Ringo DL
Cody Heiman LB
Herb Waters CB
Jordan Tripp LB

Ringo will most likely make the 53. He made some good plays vs. Washington on Saturday.

I think Herb Waters was already released on an injury settlement?

The Packers placed Waters on injured reserve but haven´t released him yet.

Members online

Latest posts