10-4...Division Champions...does it feel like it though?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
We have an impressive record right now and have won our division despite all of our woes this season. Things are very much looking on the up and up, but for some reason this season feels like it's been incredibly underwhelming for some reason and I can't quite put a finger on it. Maybe it's because of how dominant and exciting we were last year. This year we've been in some close ones and for lack of better words some pretty average games.

As a result of this, I don't feel as excited for the post-season as I'd normally be.

Anyone else feel similar? I hope we start to crank it up this week against Tennessee who has been rather dismal and get in playoff mode early.

But right now I just don't feel excited.

Discuss

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
We have an impressive record right now and have won our division despite all of our woes this season. Things are very much looking on the up and up, but for some reason this season feels like it's been incredibly underwhelming for some reason and I can't quite put a finger on it. Maybe it's because of how dominant and exciting we were last year. This year we've been in some close ones and for lack of better words some pretty average games.

As a result of this, I don't feel as excited for the post-season as I'd normally be.

Anyone else feel similar? I hope we start to crank it up this week against Tennessee who has been rather dismal and get in playoff mode early.

But right now I just don't feel excited.

Discuss
This whole season has been bleh. Maybe because it started with a thud and they never seemed to play a complete game. I'm still waiting for a pasting of someone.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im excited for the playoffs! The defense and running game both seem to be on the rise. If we get much better in those areas we can be real hard to beat!

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year was a dynamic team that ended as a let down while this year started as a let down but is looking pretty good right now.

I think any team is going to look a little lackluster compared to the offense last year.

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I almost feel the opposite.

A lot of the time last year I was just waiting for the wheels to fall off. We weren't built to win a championship even though we rarely trailed and seemed to win with ease some times.

This year's team has had to scratch and claw for everything. Adversity after adversity to the point of being absolutely robbed of a win. IMO as a fan, those are the years you live for and remember best. That's what made 2010 so special. I said then, there will never be another one like that, but it could happen this year. I can't wait to see where this year goes. I like this team a lot even though there's been some frustration along the way. I think they have the ability to go as far as they want.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like it has been a hard fought battle this season. Having to battle all kind of injuries, and catch and then overtake our biggest rival, the Bears.

Also, this DOES feel like the 2010 season to me, kind of.

Reaction score
We haven't blown anyone out this year and we haven't put a complete game together. Last week should of been but we let the bears stick close with the turnovers. This is the the underwhelming feeling you are receiving. What we need to be able to do in the playoffs is stop the run better and run the ball more consistently. Teams are going to challenge us in the playoffs to run the ball by playing pass. We need them to respect our running game. Stay balanced and we will be fine

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
We haven't blown anyone out this year and we haven't put a complete game together. Last week should of been but we let the bears stick close with the turnovers. This is the the underwhelming feeling you are receiving. What we need to be able to do in the playoffs is stop the run better and run the ball more consistently. Teams are going to challenge us in the playoffs to run the ball by playing pass. We need them to respect our running game. Stay balanced and we will be fine

I would consider what we did to the houston texans an *** whoopin, wouldn't you??????

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Have to tell ya ... I spent 2010 saying that "those" Packers didn't look like a Super Bowl caliber team...the whole danged season...injuries notwithstanding...they just didn't. Last year as they rolled to 15-1 and a good part of Packer Nation was creamin' in their jeans ... I, just couldn't buy in to the notion of a Super Bowl winner having the issues that the Pack had....

This year? No comment. They're in the playoffs and anything can happen ... all it takes is a Doug Evans-type turnaround play (against the Rams in '96) ... a Clay Matthews-type forced fumble ... and BINGO...we're in the running with a momentum switch. Rodgers and the offense have "the light go on" and... we're going deep into the playoffs because THIS year, we've stepped up to having a mediocre defense. Go Pack... no predictions, but the "BIG MO" is a funny thing.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I'll say is this team is shaping up to be ready to fight for a win better than any recent Packers team we've had. Mix that with getting healthy and this team could do anything in the playoffs. We got a franchise QB, depth at nearly every position and enough young guys that are hungry. GO PACK GO!

Reaction score
I would consider what we did to the houston texans an *** whoopin, wouldn't you??????

That was a game that we REALLY needed coming off the debacle in Indy and we took it to the Texans hard that night. I've heard some "haters" say that the teams challenging us in our division "underachieved" which is pure BS. Those three teams have had 14 games to "right their ship" and still couldn't catch us despite the "gift" game in Seattle, the "give away" game in Indy and our being injury riddled for most of the year. And here we sit, with yet another division crown and still very much alive for a #2 seed. Backup players have filled the voids, nicely, which has strengthened our depth and now we're getting people back from injuries in time for "the run." No, we haven't blown every team out, but I look for our offense to start clicking and began to put a lot of points up. And this "D" is going to be hungry! I want to see them flying all over the field. We are the "sleeper" team right now that hasn't gotten a lot of hype and love and I really like our chances, especially if we can get our running game going strong. Repeat of 2010? The pieces are in place.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
The reason we seem "blah" is because Aaron doesn't have time to throw the long ball. The magic of the long bomb to Jennings for the TD has eluded us this season, mostly because of Newhouse's open-door policy.

Members online

Latest posts