Wide Receiver

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting, thanks. You’ve done more homework. I watched a few clips of him at Clemson. I’d certainly be happy if we got Mims, Aiyuk, or Reagor. It really is a WR-rich draft.

The WR talent is insane. We can find solid contributors on day 3 this year. Pretty wild.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot won't agree with me, but I'd have no issue taking Michael Pittman Jr at 30.

He's legit good.

While it would be picking a guy too high, I personally see Pittman as having arguably one of the highest floors in the WR class.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its F*ing crazy how deep this WR class is... A name we should mention is Gabriel Davis. Played 95% as outside receiver and dominated. He's very similar to Terrance Williams/Brandon Marshall (just a two inches shorter). The analysis on Davis stating he ran a limited route tree is BS. If they're going to call limited route tree - call it on others too. I felt he ran more routes than credited. His routes can be better with reps and coaching. I also liked seeing him face press coverage (+beating them) and seeing how we would react to physical CBs (which he will see in the NFL). Davis has the potential to "shock" everyone when he gets picked late in the draft and falls into the right system.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot less trades bc of the virtual draft this year.
Agreed. It’s the virtual draft coupled with the inability of GMs to meet in-person that will likely keep the trading of draft picks low. For better or worse, teams are gonna have to rely on what they learned at the combine and any in-person interviews they may have had before the quarantine. That will also make it harder for prospects to move up or down on the draft boards. The result - the actual first round draft, and maybe the second round, will look a lot like the consensus mock drafts. In other words, there probably won’t be many surprises, or at least not as many.

This quarantine affects trades, remaining FAs, and cap casualties as well. I’m not comfortable hiring a guy I can’t meet in person. Another casualty of the Coronavirus I’m afraid.....

And that’s too bad. I’ve seen a few articles about a possible trade between the Rams and Pack that would send Brandin Cooks to GB. He’s talented for sure, but he’s moved around a LOT, he’s had five concussions, and his production wasn’t stellar last year with the Rams (500 plus yards). So to me, that’s a big gamble if you can’t meet a guy face to face and get some answers to these questions.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a take.

If Bryan Edwards had been able to stay healthy, and have a good QB, he's easily a top 5 WR in this class and possibly top 3.

He's bigger Deebo Samuel. I swear.

Love his game.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a take.

If Bryan Edwards had been able to stay healthy, and have a good QB, he's easily a top 5 WR in this class and possibly top 3.

Love his game.
I don’t know the name Gary. Where did he play, was he at the Combine, and where is he expected to go in the draft?

Whether Edwards is good or not, this underscores an important point. Talented WRs who may have flown under the radar due to weak QB, OL play.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a take.

Love his game.

Edwards is much better than many assume, but that is a VERY strong opinion on him. Just for discussion sake IF you had to rank say the top 10 WR of this draft that will be successful at the next level what is your order?

Not to request something I won't do as well, my forced order would be:

Jeudy
Lamb
Ruggs
Mims
Reagor
Aiyuk
Higgins
Edwards
Pittman
J Jefferson
*Toughest to leave out for me is Van Jefferson and Claypool, I feel both should do well.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t know the name Gary. Where did he play, was he at the Combine, and where is he expected to go in the draft?

Whether Edwards is good or not, this underscores an important point. Talented WRs who may have flown under the radar due to weak QB, OL play.

He is out of South Carolina stands 6'3' and weighs in at 215lbs. He still made all SEC despite missing the last 2 games and has NFL size and speed. Foot injuries are truly the only question mark holding him back for many out of the top two rounds....especially in a year where medical checks are not an option. Dude has succeeded in arguably the toughest conference to have success in as a wideout...and remember he didn't have Lawrence or Burrow or even Fromm throwing to him...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where do you think Pittman will go? Or is he completely under the radar. I haven’t heard of him.

I mean this in the nicest way possible but have you just now started looking at prospects or the forum??? LOL

Pittman is out of USC is 6'4' and 220lbs. Ran a 4.52. Many (myself included) see Pittman as one of the WR in the draft with the fewest unknowns and the highest floor. His ceiling I'll admit most likely is not as high as some others, but the dude just solid all around. Quality speed, route tree and hand skills. Isn't afraid of contact and can bully for YAC. It is the fact he doesn't do anything crazy elite that is mainly keeping the 2nd round as high as anyone believes he will go. Don't let it fool you though if GB doesn't pick a WR with their first pick (wherever that occurs) and Pittman is the first WR we pick in the 2nd or a trade up decision earlier in the 3rd, fans can rest easy and be happy.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Edwards is much better than many assume, but that is a VERY strong opinion on him. Just for discussion sake IF you had to rank say the top 10 WR of this draft that will be successful at the next level what is your order?

Jeudy
Lamb
Ruggs
Mims
Reagor
Aiyuk
Higgins
Edwards
Pittman
J Jefferson
*Toughest to leave out for me is Van Jefferson and Claypool, I feel both should do well.
Good list, thanks. I’m all in with Higgins, and I expect Judy, Lamb, Riggs, Mike, Reagor, Aiyuk will be gone by number 30. I guess the point is getting ANY of these guys improves the WR group. Just depends on what the run for QBs and OLmen looks like. There will be three ILBs gone as well before #30. There will be a lot of talent to pick from at #30. With WR as deep as it is, this may be time to grab an OL in round one, and I wouldn’t be disappointed with Zach Baun either to shore up a weak ILB group.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean this in the nicest way possible but have you just now started looking at prospects or the forum??? LOL

Pittman is out of USC is 6'4' and 220lbs. Ran a 4.52. Many (myself included) see Pittman as one of the WR in the draft with the fewest unknowns and the highest floor. His ceiling I'll admit most likely is not as high as some others, but the dude just solid all around. Quality speed, route tree and hand skills. Isn't afraid of contact and can bully for YAC. It is the fact he doesn't do anything crazy elite that is mainly keeping the 2nd round as high as anyone believes he will go. Don't let it fool you though if GB doesn't pick a WR with their first pick (wherever that occurs) and Pittman is the first WR we pick in the 2nd or a trade up decision earlier in the 3rd, fans can rest easy and be happy.
Thanks for being nice Ty, and yes, guilty as charged, I haven’t been doing the same level of homework as you and others, so thanks for your patience. As for Pittman, sounds like he is flying a little under the radar. Sure would be nice to grab someone like him in round two.

And I’m not making an excuse, but damn there are a lot of guys to consider, and so many ways this could play out. As excited as I am about grabbing a WR in round 1, I’d take Zach Baun if he was still on the board at #30.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for being nice Ty, and yes, guilty as charged, I haven’t been doing the same level of homework as you and others, so thanks for your patience. As for Pittman, sounds like he is flying a little under the radar. Sure would be nice to grab someone like him in round two.

And I’m not making an excuse, but damn there are a lot of guys to consider, and so many ways this could play out. As excited as I am about grabbing a WR in round 1, I’d take Zach Baun if he was still on the board at #30.

100% it is the deepest WR class I've ever seen while I've paid attention to the draft. Will we have as many Pro Bowlers out of it as some other years' classes who knows...but honestly if I were to rattle off the entire list of guys I am fairly confident should or could see success unless the team truly SUCKS or their QB play is terrible include (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER):

Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Mims, Reagor, Aiyuk, Higgins, Edwards, Pittman, J Jefferson, V Jefferson, Claypool, Shenault, KJ Hamler, Hill, Peoples-Jones.....then you have guys that I'm high on in the mid to low rounds that could be special - T Johnson, G Davis, Duvernay, Hodgins, Gandy-Golden and even Coulter I like the potential at the right spot. Proche is a later rounder with awesome route abilities and future as a possession guy...Joe Reed is a later round burner from Virginia....the later group will depend IMO more on where they end up and how they are asked to contribute but still immense potential.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I have spent at least a little bit of time watching the following guys: Aiyuk, Claypool, Duvernay, Edwards, Gibson, Hamler, Higgins, Jefferson, Mims, Pittman, Reagor, Reed and Shenault.

Pittman is my top guy out of that group. It's really close with him and Mims for me. Pittman's film is better, but if the Mims that showed up at the senior bowl is the guy that shows up in the NFL, then he's got the higher ceiling.

I think it would go:

1. Pittman
2. Mims

3. Reagor
4. Aiyuk

5. Edwards
6. Jefferson
7. Claypool
8. Gibson

9. Higgins
10. Shenault
11. Duvernay
12. Hamler
13. Reed

This is all considering that Lamb, Jeudy, and Ruggs are somewhere up above everyone. And I really haven't spent enough time watching Van Jefferson.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You should if time allows check out Van. His route abilities is nearly elite for a college prospect. While he has a lot of room for growth in other attributes, his route ability is VERY nice. Reminds me of Adams honestly how it just seems way too smooth how his footwork opens him up.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
You should if time allows check out Van. His route abilities is nearly elite for a college prospect. While he has a lot of room for growth in other attributes, his route ability is VERY nice. Reminds me of Adams honestly how it just seems way too smooth how his footwork opens him up.

I have seen clips of him running routes. I can see that ability. I just haven't watched entire games.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Jeudy
Lamb
Ruggs
Mims
Reagor
Aiyuk
Higgins
Edwards
Pittman
J Jefferson

Lamb
Jeudy
Ruggs
Edwards
Mims
Pittman
Aiyuk
Reagor
Jefferson
Gibson

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The difference is that Adams is elite at defeating press. Van...hasn't shown much of that, imo. Struggles with close, physical play, especially at the catch point.

Adams is also like 3.5 years older than Van, which is kinda crazy to me lol.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The difference is that Adams is elite at defeating press. Van...hasn't shown much of that, imo. Struggles with close, physical play, especially at the catch point.

Adams is also like 3.5 years older than Van, which is kinda crazy to me lol.

I didnt mean he is on Adama level presently...but his ability purely in routes in a vacuum remind me of Adams.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Ty who is Van? I’d like to take a look at the opinions on him. Thanks pal.