Why didn't we trade for Marshawn Lynch again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you actually read any of the stories for the details, or do you simply scan the headlines?

The FACT of the matter is TT made Moss an offer, but Moss turned it down. TT wanted more than a one year deal and Moss wanted to be a one year rental only.

Then, after the 2007 season, TT made another play at Moss, but Moss turned him down a second time. The very next day Fraud retired.

As for Buffalo, it's worth mentioning the Bills never really gave teams a chance to negotiate for Lynch. They literally took the first deal offering multiple draft picks that came their way. It was reported that several teams were interested in Lynch, but Seattle happened to call first and that was that, done deal.

So it's not like Ted doesn't try and make a play for some people. As with anything in life, sometimes it works, most times it doesn't.

What I find absolutely hysterical though is how we never heard a single ******* peep out of anyone proclaiming we should have picked up Lynch after he went to Seattle. Not one -effing word. Now all of a sudden the guy's a legend because of one friggin run? Really?

People really are amazing. /eyeroll

Did you see/ hear about the story of Lynch could have gone to the Saints?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you see/ hear about the story of Lynch could have gone to the Saints?

No, I didn't hear that one. IIRC, PFT had an article that had us, Seattle, Carolina, Cleveland and someone else listed as interested parties for Marshawn Lynch.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Heh, just confirms my previous point- Buffalo jumped at the first offer that came their way and didn't bother returning phone calls of other interested parties. What this means for the slow pokes out there is it's possible we never had a chance to get Lynch at all, since Buffalo didn't seem all that interested in trying to get the best deal possible for him.

With that said, can we please stop with this "We should have traded for Lynch" garbage once and for all? All evidence points to us never having a shot at him anyway.

Besides, we should really be celebrating the news that broke today about how the Bears passed on James Starks after telling him they were going to draft him, and instead took a QB that's no longer on their roster! I don't care if James Starks becomes the next Walter Peyton, it's absolutely great to see a division rival kick themselves like that!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So.....................

3 carries 2 yards in 1st half

Why in the hell didnt we trade for him again?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BAHAHAHAHA @ all the Lynchies who jumped on his bandwagon last week. We kept telling ya, one good run doesn't make up for a whole season of mediocrity, and the guy did nothing to help his team today. Nothing.

Sorry guys, but sometimes you should stop regurgitating everything you hear on ESPN and do a little analysis of your own. Regardless of how Jackson does next weekend, Thompson made the right move in not over-paying for mediocrity.

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
e
BAHAHAHAHA @ all the Lynchies who jumped on his bandwagon last week. We kept telling ya, one good run doesn't make up for a whole season of mediocrity, and the guy did nothing to help his team today. Nothing.

Sorry guys, but sometimes you should stop regurgitating everything you hear on ESPN and do a little analysis of your own. Regardless of how Jackson does next weekend, Thompson made the right move in not over-paying for mediocrity.

They gave him the ball four times dude. He played an awesome defense.

And do you realize the asking price was something like a 3rd round pick? That isn't overpaying at all.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the NFC championship, we didnt need lynch. I dont understand how anyone could argue this.

Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To answer all your questions and to shut you up here it is... We didnt trade for him because Ted Thompson values his picks, knows how to build a team, and trusts his team to pick it up when Grant went down. Thats it pretty much. Im happy we have starks. Starks is a future star back. Lynch has had one highlight run in his NFL career and would of been a temporary fix for us.

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol no s***? 1 highlight run in his career? You sound very ignorant. Do some research, he has about as many highlight runs than Ryan Grant and James Starks combined.

TT obviously values his draft picks. It's obvious at this point. He wouldn't trade a 4th rounder for Moss in 2007 and there is more instances I'm forgetting. I'm happy we have Starks too but STARKS WASN'T INVOLVED IN THE TRADE. A RB duo of Starks and Lynch would be killer right now. Having Lynch in addition to Jackson would have helped us a lot through the regular season. Jackson isn't very good at all. I know you guys are like a broken record and you're going to bring up Lynch's stats this year and compare them to Jackson's but it is obvious to anyone who doesn't just watch the Packers and look at a stat sheet to evaluate Lynch, that Lynch is a far superior player. The former pro bowler, Lynch, had back to back 1300 total yard seasons on the TERRIBLE Buffalo Bills with one of the worst lines in the NFL during that stretch. I know Lynch is a awesome back from watching him from his senior year at Cal until now. You can't show me any stats or say anything that changes that.

I don't really know what else to say after that amazing run (one of the best in NFL history probably) to prove to the Brandon Jackson supporters, that Lynch is better. Its like you're riding TT's jock so hard now after he got criticized for letting Favre go that you refuse to question the guy at all now. I love having TT as GM as I've said before. The only thing I wished he would do once in a while is take advantage of fortunate scenarios where we can acquire good players for cheap. Especially at a position of need. We obviously could have used another back for much of this season.

I wanted Lynch to add an extra dimension to this offense. Teams didn't respect the threat of the run at all earlier this season. We were terrible in short yardage. Luckily we had things play out so the pathetic performance in the Detroit game (we had absolutely no running game against a garbage team) didn't cost us. We are also fortunate to have an amazing QB who can beat a lot of teams with no running threat, which he had to do a lot earlier this year. Toward the end of the season our running game got a little better and the offense has looked unstoppable at times. It isn't a coincidence.

I am incredibly excited we made it this far. So for now I am done with this thread. I really only started this thread because I forgot what the deal breaker was that made a Lynch trade successful lol.

Here is a summary because I sure as hell wouldn't read that: Lynch > Jackson > you people

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
lol no s***? 1 highlight run in his career? You sound very ignorant. Do some research, he has about as many highlight runs than Ryan Grant and James Starks combined.

TT obviously values his draft picks. It's obvious at this point. He wouldn't trade a 4th rounder for Moss in 2007 and there is more instances I'm forgetting. I'm happy we have Starks too but STARKS WASN'T INVOLVED IN THE TRADE. A RB duo of Starks and Lynch would be killer right now. Having Lynch in addition to Jackson would have helped us a lot through the regular season. Jackson isn't very good at all. I know you guys are like a broken record and you're going to bring up Lynch's stats this year and compare them to Jackson's but it is obvious to anyone who doesn't just watch the Packers and look at a stat sheet to evaluate Lynch, that Lynch is a far superior player. The former pro bowler, Lynch, had back to back 1300 total yard seasons on the TERRIBLE Buffalo Bills with one of the worst lines in the NFL during that stretch. I know Lynch is a awesome back from watching him from his senior year at Cal until now. You can't show me any stats or say anything that changes that.

I don't really know what else to say after that amazing run (one of the best in NFL history probably) to prove to the Brandon Jackson supporters, that Lynch is better. Its like you're riding TT's jock so hard now after he got criticized for letting Favre go that you refuse to question the guy at all now. I love having TT as GM as I've said before. The only thing I wished he would do once in a while is take advantage of fortunate scenarios where we can acquire good players for cheap. Especially at a position of need. We obviously could have used another back for much of this season.

I wanted Lynch to add an extra dimension to this offense. Teams didn't respect the threat of the run at all earlier this season. We were terrible in short yardage. Luckily we had things play out so the pathetic performance in the Detroit game (we had absolutely no running game against a garbage team) didn't cost us. We are also fortunate to have an amazing QB who can beat a lot of teams with no running threat, which he had to do a lot earlier this year. Toward the end of the season our running game got a little better and the offense has looked unstoppable at times. It isn't a coincidence.

I am incredibly excited we made it this far. So for now I am done with this thread. I really only started this thread because I forgot what the deal breaker was that made a Lynch trade successful lol.

Here is a summary because I sure as hell wouldn't read that: Lynch > Jackson > you people

dude chill

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch is an absolute stud. Our RB situation is pretty much a disaster. Flynn is gonna love what we could have had for what a third round pick? a second round pick? Randall Cobb or Marshawn Lynch? lolololol.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch is an absolute stud. Our RB situation is pretty much a disaster. Flynn is gonna love what we could have had for what a third round pick? a second round pick? Randall Cobb or Marshawn Lynch? lolololol.

Yeah we sure needed him during that SB win

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah we sure needed him during that SB win
Man. I hate seeing fans of my team act like your everyday Patriot or Giant fan. What a dumb thing to say. Yeah lets never acquire a good player again because we didn't need em to win it all in 2010.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Cool story, bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts