Why didn't we trade for Marshawn Lynch again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erik_m_vos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I have said a few pages back

Lynch got 3 tds vs Carolina, Carolina is 23rd against the run ( 2 of the TDS were from 1 yard line)

Lynch had more chances on goal line 19 chances 5 tds.

Jax 14 goal line chances got 3 tds

Jackson receiving TD 1, 342 yards

Lynch 138 and no TDs

I mentioned this as well

The amount they wanted did not warrant trading him..Packers were offering a 4th AND A PLAYER rumored to be Hawk

Show me again why he was so much better then Jackson please?

Stats and situations look almost identical if you ask me

Lynch no way no how DURING season out performed Jax

what part of he was rushing with the BILLS and SEATTLE don't you understand? they both BLOW! Of course he didn't perform well this season with either of them.

Only "replay" you need to watch is our last playoff game and nearly every carry Bjack getting one yard... ONE....

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was never really the 3rd RB in Buffalo. He was the #1 RB until he got suspended. Then he was splitting time with Jackson. Then before this season the Bills drafted Spiller because he was the best player available. The backfield got crowded after that so they had to move somebody and they picked Lynch. He was never 3rd on the depth chart ever. Get your facts straight.

LOL @ you

“I never feel like a ‘3,'" Lynch said. "I’m always going to be a ‘1’ in my mind, regardless of how the situation plays out."

wasnt the 3? really? your sticking with that? Jackson was a better back and Spiller was a 1st round draft pick. 3rd string

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dominic Rhodes this season > Marshawn Lynch this season

We should have picked up him for nothing but a vet minimum if you insist we needed to pick up someone

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ivo, sparta, ltf ...

I think this argument is pointless. I think we need to disagree. These guys don't get it ... at all. Just thank our lucky stars that TT is running the show in GB.

TT has no clue what he is doing. He is too cheap to get a team into the playoffs. I bet he never wins more than 3 games. He couldnt find talent at the pro bowl.
:D

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL @ you

“I never feel like a ‘3,'" Lynch said. "I’m always going to be a ‘1’ in my mind, regardless of how the situation plays out."

wasnt the 3? really? your sticking with that? Jackson was a better back and Spiller was a 1st round draft pick. 3rd string
lol @ you, Thats proves nothing. What part of my explanation didn't you get. He played more than both of them until he got traded. In week one Lynch and Jackson had about the same amount of carries. In the game vs GB Lynch had about twice as many carries as any other back. In the Patriot game he had 7 more carries than any other back. In the Jet game he had more carries than any other back.

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ivo, sparta, ltf ...

I think this argument is pointless. I think we need to disagree. These guys don't get it ... at all. Just thank our lucky stars that TT is running the show in GB.
I get it. You punks hate Marshawn Lynch. We can agree to disagree. w/e

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I get it. You punks hate Marshawn Lynch. We can agree to disagree. w/e

Not at all

We just dont feel it was the correct move..

Now if it was only a 4th hell yeah would been worth it

And please stop the name calling, ok?

that goes for everyone

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol @ you, you dumb@ss. Thats proves nothing. What part of my explanation didn't you get. He played more than both of them until he got traded. In week one Lynch and Jackson had about the same amount of carries. In the game vs GB Lynch had about twice as many carries as any other back. In the Patriot game he had 7 more carries than any other back. In the Jet game he had more carries than any other back. God you're stupid.

listed as the 3rd RB on the depth chart week 1. Not really a point in arguing with you over a fact.

you shouldnt really get this upset just because the packers found a rb that isnt named Lynch. Makes me wonder if your even a packers fan...

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
listed as the 3rd RB on the depth chart week 1. Not really a point in arguing with you over a fact.

you shouldnt really get this upset just because the packers found a rb that isnt named Lynch. Makes me wonder if your even a packers fan...
I'm ok with getting this deep into the argument because I know how hard I root for my team. Obviously Im not mad the Packers got a good game out of Starks. I'm mad we went the entire season with Jackson and missed out on getting Lynch for cheap. Where do you see this meaningless depth chart? Lynch got the most carries of any RB by a lot in the first 4 games. How does that make him the 3rd string back?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm ok with getting this deep into the argument because I know how hard I root for my team. Obviously Im not mad the Packers got a good game out of Starks. I'm mad we went the entire season with Jackson and missed out on getting Lynch for cheap. Where do you see this meaningless depth chart? Lynch got the most carries of any RB by a lot in the first 4 games. How does that make him the 3rd string back?

the quote from lynch provided earlier should be enough proof. they started the season with Spiller as 1, and Jackson 2nd.

Avant caught the most passes last night, I wouldnt think anyone would call him the #1. So did Driver I think, again, not our #1.

Rutnstrut

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch is 1000% better than BJack, and yes TT is an idiot for not getting Lynch.

erik_m_vos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not at all

We just dont feel it was the correct move..

Now if it was only a 4th hell yeah would been worth it

And please stop the name calling, ok?

that goes for everyone

maybe he could have been just a 4th if we had tried more and more than once. Remember how badly Favre wanted to bring Moss to the Pack when Moss was still in Oakland? Oakland wanted like a really high pick but then landed in New England for a CRAP pick. Just because a team 'wants' a 4th round pick and player, doesn't mean they'll get it. It's a negotiation. I could say I want five first round picks for the next 5 years for Bryan Bulaga... but no one will give it

OP
OP
R

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the quote from lynch provided earlier should be enough proof. they started the season with Spiller as 1, and Jackson 2nd.

Avant caught the most passes last night, I wouldnt think anyone would call him the #1. So did Driver I think, again, not our #1.
Are you serious? They caught the most passes because they were open the most. jesus. That is completely.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you serious? They caught the most passes because they were open the most. jesus. That is completely.

You need to re-read the post

He is saying just cuz a guy gets the most catches or carries doesnt mean he is the #1 guy

I.E

Driver got the most catches, but that doesnt mean he is our #1 wr

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I think the most amazing part of this thread is that people think a 3rd round pick is "on the cheap" for Lynch.
Most scouts agree that Starks would have been a 2nd or 3rd round pick if not for missing his senior season. He missed most of training camp and was on PUP list to begin the season. Don't you think the Packers knew what they had in him?
He hasn't had much to this point because they were getting a rookie, without football for 1.5 years up to speed. Oh, we got him with a 6th round pick.
There's talk about trading Matt Flynn. Know what people think we'll get? MAYBE a 2nd but probably a 3rd. You think Lynch would be an even trade for a QB who kept us close against the Patriots?
I'm glad we didn't trade for Lynch, a 3rd round pick for one highlight run? No thanks.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Spiller was 1 on the Bills depth chart? I'll be damned. They never used him like a number 1. The guy spent more time on the bench than he did on the field this year.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And if we had missed the playoffs a lack of running game would have been a big reason why. Thank god we have Aaron or we would be nothing on offense.

Not really. Our running game is, believe it or not, about the same as the Falcons, and our offensive balance is about in line with the rest of the NFL. Some stats for ya, taken the footballpros.com Packers @ Falcons discussion:

Rushing:
The rushing stat shows both teams are evenly matched, which should surprise many people. They both are below average on both stats, which should surprise Michael Turner owners.

Packers: 3.80 Off YPA, 4.70 Def YPA
Falcons: 3.80 Off YPA, 4.60 Def YPA
League Average: 4.20 YPA,

Offensive Balance:
This is where things get more interesting.

Packers: Pass on 57.9% of their attempts
Falcons: Pass on 54.7% of their attempts
League Average: 56.9%

Surprisingly the Packers are a balanced offense, no matter what most pundits say. They appear pass happy because they are so much more effective slinging it, but McCarthy does a good job of running enough so that Rodgers doesn’t have to face too many nickel packages.

The Falcons are definitely a rush heavy team, given their ball control mentality.

NFC Divisional Matchup - Packers (6) @ Falcons (1) - 1/15/11

For what it's worth, Jackson had more than 100 yards rushing against Washington, a game we lost. He also had more than 90 yards rushing against the Patriots, another game we lost. To say our inability to run the ball cost us games is to be ignorant of the facts and circumstances.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe he could have been just a 4th if we had tried more and more than once. Remember how badly Favre wanted to bring Moss to the Pack when Moss was still in Oakland? Oakland wanted like a really high pick but then landed in New England for a CRAP pick. Just because a team 'wants' a 4th round pick and player, doesn't mean they'll get it. It's a negotiation. I could say I want five first round picks for the next 5 years for Bryan Bulaga... but no one will give it

Do you actually read any of the stories for the details, or do you simply scan the headlines?

The FACT of the matter is TT made Moss an offer, but Moss turned it down. TT wanted more than a one year deal and Moss wanted to be a one year rental only.

Then, after the 2007 season, TT made another play at Moss, but Moss turned him down a second time. The very next day Fraud retired.

As for Buffalo, it's worth mentioning the Bills never really gave teams a chance to negotiate for Lynch. They literally took the first deal offering multiple draft picks that came their way. It was reported that several teams were interested in Lynch, but Seattle happened to call first and that was that, done deal.

So it's not like Ted doesn't try and make a play for some people. As with anything in life, sometimes it works, most times it doesn't.

What I find absolutely hysterical though is how we never heard a single ******* peep out of anyone proclaiming we should have picked up Lynch after he went to Seattle. Not one -effing word. Now all of a sudden the guy's a legend because of one friggin run? Really?

People really are amazing. /eyeroll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts