1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Why didn't we trade for Marshawn Lynch again?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Rodgers2Finley4TDs, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Pickle

Mr Pickle Guest

Ratings:
    +9 / 3 / -0
    Do you need everyone else? Step up to bat IVO

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,535 / 86 / -26
    Seeing something coming and stopping it is 2 different things. No defense in the league last season (Tamba Hali might disagree) can match up to the Packers offense. They just dont have the talent. This was proven last year. As far as the Giants game that came from the 7 dropped balls. The Packers beat themselves that day.
  3. Mr Pickle

Mr Pickle Guest

Ratings:
    +9 / 3 / -0
    One word 'Jenkins'... think he would have made a difference? Ask Clay....:tup:
  4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,535 / 86 / -26
    We had the best offense in the league last season. What concerns you so much about the offense?
  5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,535 / 86 / -26
    still waiting to hear where you are going to find a RB pickle...
  6. Mr Pickle

Mr Pickle Guest

Ratings:
    +9 / 3 / -0
    I hope you're right....
  7. 60six

60six DIE HARD

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Sky is falling ^
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mr Pickle

Mr Pickle Guest

Ratings:
    +9 / 3 / -0
    Ask Ted....:whistling:
  9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,535 / 86 / -26
    Rodgers, Jennings, Raji, and Matthews contracts are coming up. If you would rather spend the money on a running game you are out of your mind. If you would rather have run blockers than pass blockers you are out of your mind. If you think there is something wrong with the 2nd best offense of all time you are out of your mind. If you think a good run game gets you to the SB in todays NFL you are out of your mind.

I would love if we had a RB that caught a ton of balls (Forte style) but I know thats not feasible. Plus the short shelf life makes it a bad investment.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mr Pickle

Mr Pickle Guest

Ratings:
    +9 / 3 / -0
    GO PACK>>>> regardless... we all have our opinion.... GO PACK!!!
  11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,535 / 86 / -26
    Jenkins had a good season. So did Matthews (top 10 in total pressures but had 15 missed tackles as well). But thankfully TT doesnt think short term like most fans. He thinks long term and builds teams that way.

What does Jenkins have to do with the running game?
  12. Mr Pickle

Mr Pickle Guest

Ratings:
    +9 / 3 / -0
    Out of my mind since 1960! GO PACK!!!!
  13. Mr Pickle

Mr Pickle Guest

Ratings:
    +9 / 3 / -0
    Goodnite ivo
  14. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,535 / 86 / -26
    Im asking you. If you have such an issue with it please provide a solution that is feasible.
  15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,535 / 86 / -26
    A little early to go to bed pickle. Sleep well.
  16. Mr Pickle

Mr Pickle Guest

Ratings:
    +9 / 3 / -0
    Dude, I don't have the answer I'm not the Packer bean counter... Just go with my gut and would like to see a little pressure off Rodgers and the air game... maybe Starks is the answer I HOPE SO! Believe it would sincerely help, with the defense and all around.... Be well....
  17. Mr Pickle

Mr Pickle Guest

Ratings:
    +9 / 3 / -0
    I'm eastern time and get up at 4:30....
  18. Mr Pickle

Mr Pickle Guest

Ratings:
    +9 / 3 / -0
    Someone tell 'championships' to lighten up, we're all blood when it comes to 'The Pack'.... Goodnite!
  19. 60six

60six DIE HARD

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Now you're back to the passing game....not sure you want to go there.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    Dude, he's schooling you right now. You should be quiet and learn a thing or three.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    And 4 turnovers, something we didn't do all season long. THAT's why we lost.. If Grant keeps that ball, we're going in for a TD. If Kuhn keeps that ball, we're going in for a TD. You're absolutely correct when you say we beat ourselves that day.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    This isn't about having a run game vs. not having one, though I think way too many people here put too much of a premium on having to have some big name running back tote the rock week in and week out.

But I digress. The point is that those of us who were anti-giving up high value draft picks for Lynch were proven right with his arrest this weekend, just like we were proven right with our Super Bowl win and proven right with our league best 15-1 record last season. So eat your crow and remember: Resistance is futile! All your base are belong to us!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. AmishMafia

AmishMafia There's cheese under that hat

Ratings:
    +1,522 / 52 / -4
    Lighten up yourself. You realize you are complaining about the 2nd highest scoring offense in the history of the NFL? The Packers score 560 pts last season, they must be doing something right on offense. No, they don't have a great running game, but they are getting better. Problem has not been runners, its been blocking - and that should be getting better each year. Clifton, bless his soul, offered very little in the way of run blocking.

I thought the days of questioning TT not signing FAs was a thing of the past. Its just confusing and hard to comprehend why someone would be complaining about the Packer offense and how TT is acquiring talent. Some fans have just not learned and expanded their myoptic vision to look at the big picture of franchise building. And for you to debate this in a condescending manner towards other posters is just ridiculous. You know, had TT done as many wanted when he first came here and sign any FA who might be an upgrade, we would not have gotten the draft picks; developed talent; or had the cap space to extend our stars. We would be the bears or the vikings right now. No SB trophies and little of hope of getting one anytime soon.

Again, the Pack had an offense for the ages - and I don't think anyone has any desire for TT and the Pack to rest on their laurels and say 'good enough'. But they sure as hell don't need to do any knee-jerk reactions to try and fix something that ain't broke!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  24. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445 / 15 / -5
    I'll admit I was surprised to see this post resurrected. I am surprised that there are any fans at all who still hold doubt on TT. To me.... it's been a great learning experience to see how a franchise is built through inexpensive, hungry young talent. You don't find superstars in each pick, you keep 'em when you get them but there have been a huge amount of role playing second stringers and the list keeps growing.
    Truth - I'd still rather have Starks than Lynch at this exact day. Lynch's upside is getting smaller and if I read everything here right, our trade would have been Randall Cobb's selection in the draft. Are you freaking kidding me?
  25. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.