Why didn't we trade for Marshawn Lynch again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr Pickle

No I believe in Rodgers in short situations. 5 wide with the option for Rodgers to get the first with his feet if the play breaks down.

I dont recall the offense having this issue last season.... does anyone else?

Do you need everyone else? Step up to bat IVO

Yea... NFL defenses can't see that coming... having no option.... PUT it all on Rodgers... Even Montana couldn't do that....

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea... NFL defenses can't see that coming... having no option.... PUT it all on Rodgers... Even Montana couldn't do that....

Seeing something coming and stopping it is 2 different things. No defense in the league last season (Tamba Hali might disagree) can match up to the Packers offense. They just dont have the talent. This was proven last year. As far as the Giants game that came from the 7 dropped balls. The Packers beat themselves that day.

M

Mr Pickle

WR heavy is what got us a title and 15 -1... but sure lets dump Jones as he doesnt have a lot longer on his contract. This year Jones is getting paid 2.5 mil.... only 5.5 mil to go before we get ourselves a matt forte

One word 'Jenkins'... think he would have made a difference? Ask Clay....:tup:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
still waiting to hear where you are going to find a RB pickle...

M

Mr Pickle

Seeing something coming and stopping it is 2 different things. No defense in the league last season (Tamba Hali might disagree) can match up to the Packers offense. They just dont have the talent. This was proven last year. As far as the Giants game that came from the 7 dropped balls. The Packers beat themselves that day.

I hope you're right....

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers, Jennings, Raji, and Matthews contracts are coming up. If you would rather spend the money on a running game you are out of your mind. If you would rather have run blockers than pass blockers you are out of your mind. If you think there is something wrong with the 2nd best offense of all time you are out of your mind. If you think a good run game gets you to the SB in todays NFL you are out of your mind.

I would love if we had a RB that caught a ton of balls (Forte style) but I know thats not feasible. Plus the short shelf life makes it a bad investment.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One word 'Jenkins'... think he would have made a difference? Ask Clay....:tup:

Jenkins had a good season. So did Matthews (top 10 in total pressures but had 15 missed tackles as well). But thankfully TT doesnt think short term like most fans. He thinks long term and builds teams that way.

What does Jenkins have to do with the running game?

M

Mr Pickle

Rodgers, Jennings, Raji, and Matthews contracts are coming up. If you would rather spend the money on a running game you are out of your mind. If you would rather have run blockers than pass blockers you are out of your mind. If you think there is something wrong with the 2nd best offense of all time you are out of your mind. If you think a good run game gets you to the SB in todays NFL you are out of your mind.

I would love if we had a RB that caught a ton of balls (Forte style) but I know thats not feasible. Plus the short shelf life makes it a bad investment.

Out of my mind since 1960! GO PACK!!!!

M

Mr Pickle

A little early to go to bed pickle. Sleep well.
Dude, I don't have the answer I'm not the Packer bean counter... Just go with my gut and would like to see a little pressure off Rodgers and the air game... maybe Starks is the answer I HOPE SO! Believe it would sincerely help, with the defense and all around.... Be well....

M

Mr Pickle

Someone tell 'championships' to lighten up, we're all blood when it comes to 'The Pack'.... Goodnite!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And 4 turnovers, something we didn't do all season long. THAT's why we lost.. If Grant keeps that ball, we're going in for a TD. If Kuhn keeps that ball, we're going in for a TD. You're absolutely correct when you say we beat ourselves that day.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't about having a run game vs. not having one, though I think way too many people here put too much of a premium on having to have some big name running back tote the rock week in and week out.

But I digress. The point is that those of us who were anti-giving up high value draft picks for Lynch were proven right with his arrest this weekend, just like we were proven right with our Super Bowl win and proven right with our league best 15-1 record last season. So eat your crow and remember: Resistance is futile! All your base are belong to us!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone tell 'championships' to lighten up, we're all blood when it comes to 'The Pack'.... Goodnite!
Lighten up yourself. You realize you are complaining about the 2nd highest scoring offense in the history of the NFL? The Packers score 560 pts last season, they must be doing something right on offense. No, they don't have a great running game, but they are getting better. Problem has not been runners, its been blocking - and that should be getting better each year. Clifton, bless his soul, offered very little in the way of run blocking.

I thought the days of questioning TT not signing FAs was a thing of the past. Its just confusing and hard to comprehend why someone would be complaining about the Packer offense and how TT is acquiring talent. Some fans have just not learned and expanded their myoptic vision to look at the big picture of franchise building. And for you to debate this in a condescending manner towards other posters is just ridiculous. You know, had TT done as many wanted when he first came here and sign any FA who might be an upgrade, we would not have gotten the draft picks; developed talent; or had the cap space to extend our stars. We would be the bears or the vikings right now. No SB trophies and little of hope of getting one anytime soon.

Again, the Pack had an offense for the ages - and I don't think anyone has any desire for TT and the Pack to rest on their laurels and say 'good enough'. But they sure as hell don't need to do any knee-jerk reactions to try and fix something that ain't broke!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I thought the days of questioning TT not signing FAs was a thing of the past. Its just confusing and hard to comprehend why someone would be complaining about the Packer offense and how TT is acquiring talent. Some fans have just not learned and expanded their myoptic vision to look at the big picture of franchise building. And for you to debate this in a condescending manner towards other posters is just ridiculous. You know, had TT done as many wanted when he first came here and sign any FA who might be an upgrade, we would not have gotten the draft picks; developed talent; or had the cap space to extend our stars. We would be the bears or the vikings right now. No SB trophies and little of hope of getting one anytime soon
I'll admit I was surprised to see this post resurrected. I am surprised that there are any fans at all who still hold doubt on TT. To me.... it's been a great learning experience to see how a franchise is built through inexpensive, hungry young talent. You don't find superstars in each pick, you keep 'em when you get them but there have been a huge amount of role playing second stringers and the list keeps growing.
Truth - I'd still rather have Starks than Lynch at this exact day. Lynch's upside is getting smaller and if I read everything here right, our trade would have been Randall Cobb's selection in the draft. Are you freaking kidding me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts