When do we start firing people?

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The season is over. Might as well clean house now. No sense keeping people around who won't be here next year.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
May as well ride this season out, and then start fresh next year. It's pointless to give the pink slips now.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Why start firing people now? Isn't it better they drag us down further for better draft position? We are now the 8th or 9th pick! We could get to #4 or even better if we continue at this pace!

As far as who gets fired? Pettine is about the only guy I wanna see back, otherwise, time to clean out some offices at the end of the season!

Might as well see what Kizer has in the last 5 weeks as well! :coffee:

Frosty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol aim the flame thrower at MM now.... Make the point that this is not acceptable in Green Bay!!!!!!!!

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anyone should be fired it should be Mark Lovat. He has had double digit hamstring and groin pulls every damn season under his watch as strength and conditioning coordinator. The wr's, db's and lb's are constantly plaugued with lower body muscle pulls for years and yet this guy just keeps on keepin on in his role.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, I am a long time reader first time poster.

But much like Cleveland and Arizona, I wouldn't mind seeing people get fired now. Clean house. Rid the bad energy. I feel like the coaching staff right now is a ********* cloud. Bring in some fresh faces and try to build up some momentum going into the offseason. Cle/Ari both while not going to sniff the playoffs are playing better and things are looking upwards. (not so much Ari yesterday) but I'd love to see the assistants get moved up and bring in some fresh ideas and faces and build on something. My dad, who is a diehard Bear fan and loves what is happening in Green Bay, himself will watch the game and say "wow none of these WRs comeback to Rodgers when he rolls out" I am sure some blame can be on Rodgers too if he isn't working with them, but what kind of coaching are they NOT getting? Special teams have been terrible. Injuries on defense is a struggle and I look at how often they're on the field the last few weeks. They're losing the time of possession by almost 10 minutes a game lately. The offensive miscues and questionable play-calling just is not working and it is a trickle down. Hard to watch, but part of me goes back every week thinking Rodgers will find that magic.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
at first i thought the monday after the final game of the season but there's no reason to let MM dangle for 5 weeks. it would be the decent thing to do. just name Pettine the interim coach.

Last edited:

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive been on the fire McCarthy boat for a while now and I'd love for him to vanish. However, even if there's nothing to play for anymore, I think it's best to ride it out and fire him after the season. A potential candidate may be looking to see how they treat a long term coach on its way out. If the team overreact and just goes on a fire sale, that may deter a really good candidate, because it may show the team won't at least ride out a coach who has committed so much time to an organization. We gain nothing by firing him right now, it's not like we will hire our long term coach tomorrow.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Ive been on the fire McCarthy boat for a while now and I'd love for him to vanish. However, even if there's nothing to play for anymore, I think it's best to ride it out and fire him after the season. A potential candidate may be looking to see how they treat a long term coach on its way out. If the team overreact and just goes on a fire sale, that may deter a really good candidate, because it may show the team won't at least ride out a coach who has committed so much time to an organization. We gain nothing by firing him right now, it's not like we will hire our long term coach tomorrow.
Agree and would add, since you probably are only replacing those fired before the end of the season with interim coaches, who are probably coaches that are currently on the team and most likely won't be next year, save the step and let the current staff finish things out. Once the season is over, let the firings and permanent rehiring begin. The "Silver lining", there is nothing wrong with Gute spending the next 5-8 weeks carefully looking at all possible options he will have of available coaches.

Who knows, maybe Gute will only do what TT did for several years and only fire 1-2 guys as sacrificial lambs and MM will be here again next year, but I I think that would shock most of the Packer fan base, as well as most of the Packer players.