What is going on with Rodgers?

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st, you claimed Brady doesnt do that stuff and makes him a great leader..Then Shown he has done it and it proves your point?

either I so tired and thats why it doesnt make sense, or it truly makes no sense

Your quote

Give me link to your abby stuff, Ill read later

Summary: Basically he was wrong for wrong for the contempt he showed to his receivers (just as much as Rodgers)... But smart enough to recognize his mistake and take full blame. Thus, learning from his errors, and taking responsibility... Which in the end is all you can do. Still wrong in the first place though i will agree with that.

Post #31 it starts

https://www.packerforum.com/threads/jared-abbrederis.64165/page-2

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't be the only person who recalls numerous instances of Brady losing it like a ticked off parent at his receivers, linemen, etc, when things have gone wrong. Brady has repeatedly berated his teammates on national TV. That gets chalked up to great leadership. I still remember Rodgers catching a whole bunch of flack for lighting up James Jones on the field a couple of years ago. He was selfish, and showed up his teammate, according to media members. Rodgers isn't perfect, I'm sure, but this whole demeanor thing is BS. And not taking blame? Every week he says he needs to play better.

We talked about both those points specifically actually earlier in the thread... Brady tirades and how even Brady admitted to reporters he was wrong and needs to change. And the JJ getting lit up by Rodgers.

but this whole demeanor thing is BS.

"The numbers represent the percentages of importance of varying communication channels have with the belief that 55% of communication is body language, 38% is the tone of voice, and 7% is the actual words spoken."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/beyond-words/201109/is-nonverbal-communication-numbers-game

It's ignorance to think demeanor is BS, it's quite commonly known as the most important form of communication. And has the most to do with how people react to you than anything else. It is actually almost 8 times more prominent than spoken word. Even tone is much more important than words.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And I beg of you to look at my thread where I posted about Abbrederis, and give me your honest opinion if I was the same way about that... The only difference is. People don't remember that because it's not Rodgers... Just saying.

I see you saying he isnt a play maker then you post you were wrong? If that is what you mean? Big deal? lol

This whole thing is Rodgers being a leader or non leader..We know you admitted Rodgers has all the talent, the arm and the brain..

So how is changing your view on Abby's talent compared to Rodgers and not being a leader? Only that you can admit your wrong?

I really need sleep, you go around in circles lol

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see you saying he isnt a play maker then you post you were wrong? If that is what you mean? Big deal? lol

This whole thing is Rodgers being a leader or non leader..We know you admitted Rodgers has all the talent, the arm and the brain..

So how is changing your view on Abby's talent compared to Rodgers and not being a leader? Only that you can admit your wrong?

I really need sleep, you go around in circles lol

No... Maybe I sent you the wrong one. Ill have to check if its the right one it starts there and continues for about 3 pages arguement with me PB, Patriot, TJV, Mondio... Going back and forth. It is very similar.

And if Rodgers proves me wrong and becomes a great leader I will do the same thing. Admit I have changed my mind. I am not against being wrong. But just this one thing, Rodgers as a great leader... I think he has a long ways to go in my opinion. And I think it hurts the team in some ways... Especially if others can't pick up some of it.

Lol I need to sleep too man, pick it up another time.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No... Maybe I sent you the wrong one. Ill have to check if its the right one it starts there and continues for about 3 pages arguement with me PB, Patriot, TJV, Mondio... Going back and forth. It is very similar.

And if Rodgers proves me wrong and becomes a great leader I will do the same thing. Admit I have changed my mind. I am not against being wrong. But just this one thing, Rodgers as a great leader... I think he has a long ways to go in my opinion. And I think it hurts the team in some ways... Especially if others can't pick up some of it.

Lol I need to sleep too man, pick it up another time.
Proves you wrong as a great leader?

See your absolutely sure and you cant accept yo naybe wrong

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now we've got people comparing Rogers to Cutler?? Talk about insanity. Here's a guy with the highest Career passer rating in the NFL, which qualifies him as a leader much more than his demeanor, or comments from a couple former teammates, imo. I liked Jennings, but his career ended when he left the Packers. He should be thanking Rogers in his prayers every night for the big contract he got from the Vikings. Finley must have had a period of anoxia at some point in his development, so you can discount anything he has to say.
I'd trade the entire team, coaching staff, and front office in order to keep him, if that were necessary. We've got another 5 years or so to take advantage of his talent. Don't think that he isn't aware of the clock ticking, which I feel is a big part of his frustration this year.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll admit, I've only read he first few pages of this thread, so maybe I missed some stuff. But what's the main strength of a leader? Is it being a nice, positive guy (or gal) all of the time? Or, is it getting the most out of your players and team? You may not agree with his methods, but it's hard to argue that many quarterbacks would do better with what Rodgers has this year. Jennings may not have agreed with his leadership "tactics", but he's done ***** else since Rodgers made him (yeah, that's right, made him) a 2x pro-bowler and a super bowl champ. Sure, you can argue that's a product of his talent and not his leadership abilities, but that's a pointless argument as it's impossible to discriminate between the two unless you've been inside the huddles and locker rooms for the last 8 seasons (as someone already pointed out).

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now we've got people comparing Rogers to Cutler?? Talk about insanity. Here's a guy with the highest Career passer rating in the NFL, which qualifies him as a leader much more than his demeanor, or comments from a couple former teammates, imo. I liked Jennings, but his career ended when he left the Packers. He should be thanking Rogers in his prayers every night for the big contract he got from the Vikings. Finley must have had a period of anoxia at some point in his development, so you can discount anything he has to say.
I'd trade the entire team, coaching staff, and front office in order to keep him, if that were necessary. We've got another 5 years or so to take advantage of his talent. Don't think that he isn't aware of the clock ticking, which I feel is a big part of his frustration this year.
Like the thread that came before this-another year wasted of Rodgers' prime. The receivers look like guys who were bagging groceries just weeks ago.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I would not have even thought about such a gift to Woodson if the score had been close at the time the interception was thrown. Trading a spot in the playoffs for a goodwill sendoff I don't think would ever be considered. I probably would not have thought about a gift to Woodson if there had not been such a bizarre postgame press conference by Rodgers. Then there's Woodson's announced retirement. All those factors together make me think it could have been a "loyalty throw."

But Pokerbrat2000 may have negated the whole theory with the observation: "If Rodgers had wanted to send Woodson off with an interception, he would have."

I don't know. Seeing some of AR's throws this year, maybe he couldn't even get intercepted correctly. :)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm going to end my input on this subject with one observation. 3 1/2 months ago if I told you people would be questioning AR's leadership of the Packers, I would have been told I was crazy. So what has happened since then? Although the Packers are sitting at 10-4, a good record by most standards, the frustrations for players, coaches and fans is that the offense is not performing up to its normally high standards. A standard that rarely ever brought the play of the offense into question. So now, some want to blame the short comings of the offense on the play caller, the QB, the play of the WR's, the offensive line, the TE's, the running backs, Jordy's injury. Did I miss anyone? I think that pretty much covers the entire spectrum of people who have been blamed? Guess what, we are all right. Since at some point in the season, all of the above had a part in the short comings of the offense. But to blame one guy and call him out as a poor leader because he has shown the frustration that everyone else has also shown, is knee jerk to me. Even the great Tom Brady has shown his frustrations while losing, does that make him a poor leader? No, it makes him a highly competitive player who wants himself and his teammates to not only win, but to play up to their potential. I would think a lot less of Aaron Rodgers had he just been sitting quietly on the bench telling everyone to "R E L A X, I got this", when it was obvious to all, this offense to a man needed to step it up. So you may not like his method of leadership the past few months, but don't be so blind as to capture the negative moments and use those and only those as the measuring stick of who Aaron Rodgers is and what he means to the Green Bay Packers.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Performance and attitude are completely un-related subjects. And yes, lately he demeanor is quite bad. Not as bad as Cutler, but I could see the comparison.

I agree with everything you say about his talent though... And his career is always on a clock, players get injuries they can't come back from quite often. Sterlings sharpes and Nick Collins prove this.

I wouldn't trade Rodgers or get rid of him... Nor do I ever mention that. But why is it so unbelievable to believe he can do something better? That there are better ways of doing something? Doesn't take away from his greatness... But instead add to all the other things he does amazingly.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like the thread that came before this-another year wasted of Rodgers' prime. The receivers look like guys who were bagging groceries just weeks ago.

That's not the point of the thread, it's talking about Rodgers attitude toward everything lately. I don't think anyone has written about Aaron's Pro Bowl receivers this year. I'm sure most people at their job work with people and you wonder "How the did they get this job". Doesn't change how you should treat them to get the most out of them, and to get them on your side. He could be playing with high-school kids. That should not change his attitude.

Because no matter who lines up, you get the best out of them a certain way. Which is exactly my point.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to end my input on this subject with one observation. 3 1/2 months ago if I told you people would be questioning AR's leadership of the Packers, I would have been told I was crazy. So what has happened since then? Although the Packers are sitting at 10-4, a good record by most standards, the frustrations for players, coaches and fans is that the offense is not performing up to its normally high standards. A standard that rarely ever brought the play of the offense into question. So now, some want to blame the short comings of the offense on the play caller, the QB, the play of the WR's, the offensive line, the TE's, the running backs, Jordy's injury. Did I miss anyone? I think that pretty much covers the entire spectrum of people who have been blamed? Guess what, we are all right. Since at some point in the season, all of the above had a part in the short comings of the offense. But to blame one guy and call him out as a poor leader because he has shown the frustration that everyone else has also shown, is knee jerk to me. Even the great Tom Brady has shown his frustrations while losing, does that make him a poor leader? No, it makes him a highly competitive player who wants himself and his teammates to not only win, but to play up to their potential. I would think a lot less of Aaron Rodgers had he just been sitting quietly on the bench telling everyone to "R E L A X, I got this", when it was obvious to all, this offense to a man needed to step it up. So you may not like his method of leadership the past few months, but don't be so blind as to capture the negative moments and use those and only those as the measuring stick of who Aaron Rodgers is and what he means to the Green Bay Packers.

Aaron Rodgers is the most talented and gifted pure passer that I have ever seen in my life. My favorite play of the year against the vikings I was literally in awe of his arm and leg talent. That play went under the radar for the most part but underscores just how absolutely amazing a talent Aaron is. His accuracy at times in his career has been superb, in the Super Bowl on third down when he hit Jennings on that skinny post... He had what? .4 inches. If he had missed by that much the ball is knocked down and who knows if we end up winning. I can name a hundred more of these.

Even Tom Brady analogy, he lost his cool... It's a poor mistake on his part. Just as much as it is on Aaron, because in the end as Micheal Irvin said and Brady went on to say. You don't get the best out of your players that way.

Is it understandable why they do it? Sure it's the heat of the moment you are human... **** happens. But that doesn't make the correct thing to do, just an excusable mistake. And if you do it long enough it will have a long term affect on those around you.

And this isn't blaming him 100% could it be part of the reason, i believe it's possible it brings the team done. On the other hand these guys need to play regardless. Step up and do your job. It's not an excuse for the rest of the offense not to play. But doesn't mean Aaron is doing the best thing to help that either.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Aaron Rodgers is the most talented and gifted pure passer that I have ever seen in my life. My favorite play of the year against the vikings I was literally in awe of his arm and leg talent. That play went under the radar for the most part but underscores just how absolutely amazing a talent Aaron is. His accuracy at times in his career has been superb, in the Super Bowl on third down when he hit Jennings on that skinny post... He had what? .4 inches. If he had missed by that much the ball is knocked down and who knows if we end up winning. I can name a hundred more of these.

Even Tom Brady analogy, he lost his cool... It's a poor mistake on his part. Just as much as it is on Aaron, because in the end as Micheal Irvin said and Brady went on to say. You don't get the best out of your players that way.

Is it understandable why they do it? Sure it's the heat of the moment you are human... **** happens. But that doesn't make the correct thing to do, just an excusable mistake. And if you do it long enough it will have a long term affect on those around you.

And this isn't blaming him 100% could it be part of the reason, i believe it's possible it brings the team done. On the other hand these guys need to play regardless. Step up and do your job. It's not an excuse for the rest of the offense not to play. But doesn't mean Aaron is doing the best thing to help that either.

I think I understand what you mean. He is exceptional at what he does, but he doesn't seem to have that "something" about him as a leader. Early on in Linsleys career, Rodgers chewed him out publically instead of encouraging him. The dirty stares when he clearly over threw or under threw didn't exactly inspire anybody. It's just my own opinion of course, but I remembered reading somewhere that back when Bart Starr was playing, Lombardi was chewing the team out for something and Bart stepped forward and defended the players and told Lombardi was out of line. To me, that is a team leader.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Step up and do your job.

Correct. The best leaders lead from the front. Same in football as it is in the military. Rogers is a leader.

I remembered reading somewhere that back when Bart Starr was playing

I believe Starr confronted Lombardi in his office after Lombardi criticized Starr in front of the team. He didn't think that was appropriate if he was to be the leader of the team. Rogers' play should be all the rest of the team needs as inspiration to do a good job TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITIES.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct. The best leaders lead from the front. Same in football as it is in the military. Rogers is a leader.

I believe Starr confronted Lombardi in his office after Lombardi criticized Starr in front of the team. He didn't think that was appropriate if he was to be the leader of the team. Rogers' play should be all the rest of the team needs as inspiration to do a good job TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITIES.

See thats not the point... Just because it should be enough. Doesn't mean that he couldn't do better, and if he can't continue to improve over the course of time. I'm afraid talent is not enough... I could be wrong on that. And it's just my opinion but I think it takes more than that.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not seen a QB in this league, from Backups to HOFer's that haven't given a look, stared down, had an outburst, said they needed to play better, etc ever. Not a single one. Find me one and I guess that will be the lone "leader" of men every in the history of the position in this sport.

I guess i look at it this way, if people are going out of their way to praise the preparation and the work you put in, and they use that as the standard they want to hold themselves too, that's a leader. If most of the players on the team shut up and listen when you talk, i'm guessing they probably respect what you have to say. There are a lot of ways to lead i don't care how he does it.

things are tough in GB, we're 10-4 and not not scoring 45 points a game and everyone wants to point fingers why weren't not 14-0 and scoring 50. I wonder if they hold themselves to the same standards in their own lives?

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not seen a QB in this league, from Backups to HOFer's that haven't given a look, stared down, had an outburst, said they needed to play better, etc ever. Not a single one. Find me one and I guess that will be the lone "leader" of men every in the history of the position in this sport.

I guess i look at it this way, if people are going out of their way to praise the preparation and the work you put in, and they use that as the standard they want to hold themselves too, that's a leader. If most of the players on the team shut up and listen when you talk, i'm guessing they probably respect what you have to say. There are a lot of ways to lead i don't care how he does it.

things are tough in GB, we're 10-4 and not not scoring 45 points a game and everyone wants to point fingers why weren't not 14-0 and scoring 50. I wonder if they hold themselves to the same standards in their own lives?

I haven't' seen a man snatch a football out of the air with one hand like it was was a tennis ball before OBJ either. Before him you would have thought that thought was ridiculous. That a receiver should have those talents to break the mold. Sometimes that's what it takes to be better than everyone else. Do something no one else does.

And you don't have to care, doesn't matter... Nor does it make you right. Ignorance is just that. Doesn't mean that it is the best way. Just accepted.

Though this is not related to the topic at all at hand... And just a deflection. Yes I try, no where near perfect but I take leadership courses on the weekend when I'm not working, working a second bachelors degree in business, I took course on child development when my son was born, and try to become a better father and employee every year. Because the moment you are content people pass you by. So yes I hold myself to a high standard. I don't get paid 20 million a year either. Don't get months of the year off... None of this is related to the topic but since you wanted it.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
A couple of you have misunderstood my point about Lombardi. It was not that yelling at players would work today or that times haven’t changed. Here’s what I wrote: “People are people and human nature hasn’t changed in 60 years. Humans are humans, right? Of course yelling at corporate employees like Lombardi yelled at his players isn’t appropriate but some need tough love and some need encouragement with most in between those extremes. If you attempt to motivate all of them in the same way, you aren’t a good leader IMO.” This was in response to the notion that only positive reinforcement works as a motivator. Lombardi was a master psychologist, using both positive and negative reinforcement.
I don't mind you commenting on my job, you can come to work with me for lunch one day if you want. That's not the part I care about. It's about the tone of which you talk about someones career... This statement "Only that the one size fits all leadership/motivation that may work well in middle management of a corporation doesn’t translate to a football field." Is full of ignorance, incorrect and demeaning.
You wrote that negative reinforcement doesn’t work in today’s business world. IMO that is full of ignorance and incorrect. BTW the statement was aimed directly at what you posted, not at corporate America. And if you think the term “middle management” is demeaning, that’s on you.
This time I won't admit I am wrong and used it purposefully writing you back for you to catch.
Sure, that’s why you used your “magic” word. Again, post where I used that word. You’re becoming the king of the straw man argument and exaggeration. You tell Patriotplayer90 he doesn’t “believe leadership matters…” when he wrote no such thing. You attempt to put the word, “magical” in my mouth twice and can’t back it. You post, “you think running people in football is totally unrelated to other aspects of life”, when I posted no such thing. And
Some of the people I work with daily make more in a year than he will make in his career of being a professional athlete. … So please don't try to dismiss my statement because business isn't worthy or up to the standards of pro football leadership.
Again, you made up the idea of my posting ‘business isn’t worthy or up to the standards of pro football” out of whole cloth. And BTW, several sources list David M. Zaslav of Discovery Communications as the highest paid CEO in 2014 with total compensation, including stock and stock options, at about $156M. I doubt you work daily with the CEO of the company that employs you, but even if you do: Aaron Rodgers has signed three NFL contracts totaling over $200M. He’ll receive all of that if his current contract is in force in 2019. He’ll turn 36 that year and may sign another lucrative contract. His endorsement deals also are worth millions. So what you typed, in addition to perhaps showing your obsession with money and status is another example of you exaggerating. BTW, is business only "worthy" in your opinion because of the amount of money people make?

If you could step back and look at this objectively, what would you say about a poster who frequently uses straw man arguments and exaggerates? BTW, this is off topic and just a suggestion based upon what you wrote in post #195: Since you already have a bachelors degree, I suggest you work on an MBA, that would likely impact your career much more than a bachelors degree in business.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never could understand this train of thought...

So because others are not performing they way they are capable of. The best thing to do is have your leader start having outburst on the field and talking in the media? Dropping his level of commitment and professionalism. That's an excuse, and a weakness of character. That isn't appropriate and would not be tolerated in many other professional fields. But because he is rich and famous and plays football (with soooo much stress on his life) it is acceptable for him to have these character flaws.

One thing you learn over the course of working with people in any type of job or even schooling. Is that others can/will disappoint you at times. And that you are 1000% times better off supporting and helping them, then you are criticizing and belittling them. If they feel bonded with you they will do EVERYTHING possible to be better. If you make them inferior and not worthy they will go the opposite way and start to question every move that they make.

I just don't understand how people can defend this portion... Is it the end of the world? No. But Aaron is responsible for Aaron. It's not the receivers fault that Aaron gets frustrated. It's his fault that he chooses to handle it in the way he does. I have already pointed out the huge difference in the two styles and who I personally would rather work for or go to battle for.
This train of thought is not knew. Lombardi carried it with him. And his ire was not bottled up for a rainy day. He made it known whether you were a rookie or a HOFer. Packer history holds our players to a higher standard. Rodgers knows that and Favre did before him. You could see Rodgers frustration when the Seattle game was lost last season due to players simply not executing a simple fundamental play and the coaching mindset of playing just not to lose. Inside he was feeling like Dennis Green..." We let em' off the hook."
Packer fans believe in the mental and physical toughness of a player that succeeds in crunch time. We're used to it. And if he did not have it Lombardi would find someone else.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple of you have misunderstood my point about Lombardi. It was not that yelling at players would work today or that times haven’t changed. Here’s what I wrote: “People are people and human nature hasn’t changed in 60 years. Humans are humans, right? Of course yelling at corporate employees like Lombardi yelled at his players isn’t appropriate but some need tough love and some need encouragement with most in between those extremes. If you attempt to motivate all of them in the same way, you aren’t a good leader IMO.” This was in response to the notion that only positive reinforcement works as a motivator. Lombardi was a master psychologist, using both positive and negative reinforcement. You wrote that negative reinforcement doesn’t work in today’s business world. IMO that is full of ignorance and incorrect. BTW the statement was aimed directly at what you posted, not at corporate America. And if you think the term “middle management” is demeaning, that’s on you.

Ok, you want to play this game... When did I ever use the words positive or negative reinforcement. You call someone names, yet throw words into play never used and completely used in the wrong context. The closest I ever got was an example saying they should work on that route and he will hit him better with it next time. Instead of throwing up your arms and rolling your eyes. (which i will explain later is neither positive or negative reinforcement, just poor body language)

A negative reinforcer is a stimulus event for which an organism will work in order to terminate, to escape from, to postpone its occurrence. Simple terms... Everyone in the working world lives by these. Such as: don't do your job you will be fired, if you aren't productive you will be traded, say the wrong things you will be gone, and do the wrong thing on the field the NFL can fine you. There is nothing wrong in general and they are widely used, but do any of those scenario which result in negative things happening, make you work harder by themselves... No. They make you avoid the outcome. Not necessarily strive for anything beyond that. They make you skirt a line as to not receive the negative outcome.

A positive reinforcer is a stimulus event for which the animal will work in order to acquire it. Like earning trust of members around them, additional passes thrown his way, additional media attention, pro bowl recognition, higher pay, getting a cookie after supper if you eat your veggies.

At the end of the day, neither of these things has absolutely anything to do with what I am talking about. Moping around with your head down, screaming at player, rolling eyes. These aren't either positive or negative reinforcement.. they are pointless displays of frustration by a person who is unable to handle their emotions correctly and serve no purpose to helping the team. I guess depending on what you are screaming it could be one of them. But in general it is just poor body language, poor leadership skills that leads others to take on that same mentality.

They are forgivable in the aspect of life they are small mistakes. But arguing that they are not mistakes is mis-guided.

Hope that helps some...

Sure, that’s why you used your “magic” word. Again, post where I used that word. You’re becoming the king of the straw man argument and exaggeration. You tell Patriotplayer90 he doesn’t “believe leadership matters…” when he wrote no such thing. You attempt to put the word, “magical” in my mouth twice and can’t back it. You post, “you think running people in football is totally unrelated to other aspects of life”, when I posted no such thing. And Again, you made up the idea of my posting ‘business isn’t worthy or up to the standards of pro football” out of whole cloth. And BTW, several sources list David M. Zaslav of Discovery Communications as the highest paid CEO in 2014 with total compensation, including stock and stock options, at about $156M. I doubt you work daily with the CEO of the company that employs you, but even if you do: Aaron Rodgers has signed three NFL contracts totaling over $200M. He’ll receive all of that if his current contract is in force in 2019. He’ll turn 36 that year and may sign another lucrative contract. His endorsement deals also are worth millions. So what you typed, in addition to perhaps showing your obsession with money and status is another example of you exaggerating. BTW, is business only "worthy" in your opinion because of the amount of money people make?

Just to prove you have no idea what you are talking about in business... This is an example as I don't work for Facebook. But there is 1,000 of others like this.

Mark Zuckerberg the founder of Facebook is worth an estimated 46 BILLION dollars. Let's exaggerate since you like that so much and say he started working since the day he was born. He's 31 now.

So simple math:

46,000,000,000 /31 = $1,483,870,967.74

Which is odd because he only pays himself $1 per year... How is this dude surviving only making a dollar per year. Fact is he makes and is worth far more than his income. When Aaron retires, he gets no piece of the the NFL, he is worth what he got paid and nothing more. (obviously sponsorship and things like that)

Has Aaron made over a Billion dollars a year since birth? Will he ever make 1.4 billion dollars which is an extremely low amount.

And since I know you, and you will argue "Well he doesn't "make" that in year... Which is false he does. He can sell it. It's just like if Aaron buys a car and it goes up in value... Sells it off. It's still his money always was.

But another example: To show you just how rich business men are. A CEO a couple years back was forced to retire due to SEC investigation. His severance package was over 1 billion, quite a bit over in fact. He got this in one day.... He was later fined 700 million dollars by said SEC, paid it off in one check and walked away a rich rich man. This did not include the astronomical amounts he had in "salary" which is what you are looking at only. Not net worth. What value you they gain per year. Which is what they technically make and have at there disposal if needed.

On that CEO's taxes that year it will show he "earned" over 1 billion dollars. Which is another example of someone being paid more in 1 year than A-Rod will make in his professional career.

If you could step back and look at this objectively, what would you say about a poster who frequently uses straw man arguments and exaggerates? BTW, this is off topic and just a suggestion based upon what you wrote in post #195: Since you already have a bachelors degree, I suggest you work on an MBA, that would likely impact your career much more than a bachelors degree in business.

My first degree was shortly after I had graduated and was in international relations in Oshkosh as it was something that worked in a variety of government fields. Shortly after I was done I found an entry level job. Then less than 2 years later my son came. With him I am no longer willing to work the long hours away from him which many of the jobs demand, and being away from family would seem to take away from his life so I made a choice to not pursue that further.

Instead I switch careers which I have been at since and I have mentor at work that has put me onto a career path in order to achieve as much possible experience and recognition within the company while I pursue a second bachelors in business which is the building block at my employer for things to come in the future. I'm sure MBA would be valuable addition to any resume and could be an accreditation that I go for in the future since it is only a two year (sometimes 1 year) commitment. But at the current time, given the credits I already have into basic courses from my first degree, and how my company values each of these. 2nd Bachelors was the choice for now. I'm still youngish, so we will see :)

While I do appreciate your concern for my overall well-being. I have given this quite a bit of thought along the way.

Last edited:

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This train of thought is not knew. Lombardi carried it with him. And his ire was not bottled up for a rainy day. He made it known whether you were a rookie or a HOFer. Packer history holds our players to a higher standard. Rodgers knows that and Favre did before him. You could see Rodgers frustration when the Seattle game was lost last season due to players simply not executing a simple fundamental play and the coaching mindset of playing just not to lose. Inside he was feeling like Dennis Green..." We let em' off the hook."
Packer fans believe in the mental and physical toughness of a player that succeeds in crunch time. We're used to it. And if he did not have it Lombardi would find someone else.

Very good point, did all that frustration in the Seattle game help the team win? One could argue that it helped get Clements to get to be able to call the plays for a while... Did that help? Or would it have been better to run the plays like it was the best play ever called... Instill confidence in it. If it fails it isn't because they didn't try. Or even audible if that is possible. And voice your concerns privately. To not bring down the morale of the whole team in the middle of a game.

Point is... as the person people look to, you give off a negative vibe or say something bad about the play being called in. Does that help the team execute it to it's fullest? Or have you just made people think it's doomed for failure before it's even run? By glaring at a receiver, does that help him catch the next pass? Or did you just kill his confidence for the next one thrown his way?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Very good point, did all that frustration in the Seattle game help the team win? One could argue that it helped get Clements to get to be able to call the plays for a while... Did that help?

Hate to even keep this going....but......how does the Seattle game have anything to do with Aaron Rodgers and your assertion that he isn't a good leader? The guy played the game on 1 1/2 legs. I assume since this thread is talking about Aaron Rodgers, this is what you are implying?

The Packers lost the Seattle game not out of frustration but because the defense folded up like a cheap suit and the Special Teams screwed up not once, but twice.

Members online

Latest posts