What Happened in Green Bay - Bleacher Report

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good read. Lots of disfunction, but even as a fan you could obviously tell so many of these points. Jennings and Finley of course are given a lot of "air time" cause they are the ones out front with this.

Did a good job of throwing blame around where it needed to be. Rodgers didn't trust McCarthy and his system anymore, and I am more under the impression that Rodgers may have sabotaged McCarthy this past year.

At some point you get sick of being superman to a person who doesn't deserve it any longer like Rodgers was to McCarthy

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh my God yes, I loved every bit of that article. I loved that it placed equal parts blame on McCarthy and Rodgers. Obviously Rodgers is left standing, but it begs the question will he be part of the problem or solution in the era of Matt LeFleur?

I felt Mark Murphy got a little too much credit(he didn't get much), but that's just my opinion. He could have ended this years ago.

Maybe now that MVS and ESB were mentioned this board won't champion drafting a WR in the 1st Round every year if AR is going to phase them out on his own.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After reading that ridiculously long article, I have just one response. When are Jennings, Finley and the rest of the insignificant cast of cry-babies going to get on with their lives and quit sabotaging the very organization that they profess to love and admire? Nobody but Green Bay fans even know who you people are. Stop it!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Oh my God yes, I loved every bit of that article. I loved that it placed equal parts blame on McCarthy and Rodgers. Obviously Rodgers is left standing, but it begs the question will he be part of the problem or solution in the era of Matt LeFleur?

I felt Mark Murphy got a little too much credit(he didn't get much), but that's just my opinion. He could have ended this years ago.

Maybe now that MVS and ESB were mentioned this board won't champion drafting a WR in the 1st Round every year if AR is going to phase them out on his own.

This was a drum I was beating during the coaching search-- the Packers could have the perfect guy, but if Rodgers doesn't want to work with him, it's going nowhere.

But Rodgers has only ever had one head coach and the relationship soured. That isn't proof that he's uncoachable. Hopefully he and Petals will have the mutual respect to make things go.

Reaction score
I think we should bring in Anthony Barr and Ndamukong Suh. That should get his blood boiling and energize us :eek:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Article is crazy ling didn't even finish it, haha. But sounds about right to me. No surprise to find out McCarthy just not that smart of a guy, you could see it in his clock management.

Also not surprising to find out Rodgers is an arrogant passive aggressive dbag. I've personally had only one interaction with him and it was non verbal and I could tell he was total dbag all the way. Not to mention the other players I did interact with verbally at that same event we're totally cool. Josh Sitton, who ironically was giving a guy I work with a hard time for wearing a bears hat. Tj Lang, Matt Flynn, and Tim mastay.

What is kind of surprising is that Rodgers never stopped hating McCarthy for not drafting him #1 overall. I guess I knew Rodgers was mad about that but I never thought about him never getting over it. But I guess if you've got this total moron of a coach who dissed you and then you're continually making him look good despite himself...

OP
OP
C-Lee

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no one comes out of this article unscathed. colin cowherd calls it a hatch-job on mccarthy but it's just as critical of rodgers...and others.
Who cares what he says though. I stopped watching those programs a year or so ago, and I think it was a wise decision. I suggest the same.

FL-PACKERfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This article doesn’t surprise me at all. Rodgers has seemed unhappy/disinterested the last few years. I really think we should have shaken up the organization after the Seahawks game in 15. Thompson,McCarthy, Capers.

I thought it was interesting what they were saying about Thompson. Makes me wonder WTH Murphy was doing during that time not to realize it.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we have to trade Rodgers no later than training camp next year after this article. Anyone who disagrees with me is more than welcome to join him in Jacksonville.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bill Michaels said at the last SB, he heard rumors that established coaches didn't want to deal with Rodgers

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we have to trade Rodgers no later than training camp next year after this article. Anyone who disagrees with me is more than welcome to join him in Jacksonville.

Is this a serious post or are you being sarcastic?

Rodgers is what he is.. an uber talented athlete who wants to win, and thinks his way is best when he see's that his coach doesn't have the answers. Alex Van Pelt pushing Rodgers and having him leave because MM was jealous points to that.

Bron is that way, Jordan is that way, Kobe was that way.. that's what you get.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Anyone rememberr an article by Dunne that didn't border on character assassination? He and McGinn...birds of a feather.

Tom Pellisario disputes Dunne's account.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Here is my 2 cents on this article. I 100% believe that there are/were people in the Packers organization that do not like Rodgers. I 100% believe that there are/were people in the Packers organization that do not like Mike McCarthey. The fact of the matter is really two simple points:

1.) The article was extremely bias. By taking accounts of only unnamed sources, Greg Jennings/Jermichael Finley (who are outspoken on twitter about their lack of respect for AR12) and Ryan Grant, you are literally taking people that have not been in the organization for 5 years, whose careers ended and they are trying to make a name for themselves. There was nothing citing Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, James Jones, Richard Rodgers, or even Jeff Janis for that matter. The “bullying” stuff came from “a per source.” So the article only takes the people who outspokenly did not like Rodgers, and frankly careers ended once they left GB (Finley never really had a career on the field - he was always that guy you work with that seems to end up on workman’s comp during the summer...). If I were to write a pro abortion article and only cited people that had abortions, I am clearly writing an opinion piece, not a report. This is kind of like a TMZ article, really just to slander Aaron Rodgers character and Mike Mccartheys career.

2.) Does anyone on this planet believe that there is perfect relationships between coaches and their players? This is a business. Do you get along with everyone in your work place? What do you say about your boss when he/she is not around? This time last year, multiple reports came out about Brady/Bellichick having serious issues. ITS NORMAL!!!! Again, at least the prior report was not to bash anyone’s character, just a relationship. Which leads me back to this article being something I would read in my trashy magazines about Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards.

Last edited:

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
killed both guys, but on some level i hope AR can read this with a fairly objective mindset and learn to let some of that **** go. He's gotta know it's at least partially true when we can all see it.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is my 2 cents on this article. I 100% believe that there are/were people in the Packers organization that do not like Rodgers. I 100% believe that there are/were people in the Packers organization that do not like Mike McCarthey. The fact of the matter is really two simple points:

1.) The article was extremely bias. By taking accounts of only unnamed sources, Greg Jennings/Jermichael Finley (who are outspoken on twitter about their lack of respect for AR12) and Ryan Grant, you are literally taking people that have not been in the organization for 5 years, whose careers ended and they are trying to make a name for themselves. There was nothing citing Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, James Jones, Richard Rodgers, or even Jeff Janis for that matter. The “bullying” stuff came from “a per source.” So the article only takes the people who outspokenly did not like Rodgers, and frankly careers ended once they left GB (Finley never really had a career on the field - he was always that guy you work with that seems to end up on workman’s comp during the summer...). If I were to write a pro abortion article and only cited people that had abortions, I am clearly writing an opinion piece, not a report. This is kind of like a TMZ article, really just to slander Aaron Rodgers character.

2.) Does anyone on this planet believe that there is perfect relationships between coaches and their players? This is a business. Do you get along with everyone in your work place? What do you say about your boss when he/she is not around? This time last year, multiple reports came out about Brady/Bellichick having serious issues. ITS NORMAL!!!! Again, at least the prior report was not to bash anyone’s character, just a relationship. Which leads me back to this article being something I would read in my trashy magazines about Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards.
there were plenty of named sources and you can't have an article that goes deep without unnamed sources. there are consequences for those people and there are rules in place. jobs, and more, are on the line. as for bias i don't see it. everyone got/was dirty. it's not pro-rodgers, not pro-mccarthy, not pro-thompson. of the three football geniuses in Green Bay only one is left. is it going to be his way or LMF's?

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great read! Sounds like two hard headed guys that are both to blame. We would be the perfect team for Hard Knocks this season. I know it will never happen and nothing good ever comes from it but it would be riveting to watch.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I assume this article is accurate to an extent and then over the top to another extent. Honestly Jennings and Finley have made a career bashing Rodgers since they left and if you really look at Jennings quotes there is a ton of hypocrisy in what he says. He obviously has a huge vendetta against Rodgers and if everyone has froze him out - including stand up guys like Nelson and Cobb - maybe he is the problem at least in this instance.

The stuff about Janis is also hilarious. To say Rodgers put him in the doghouse is funny because it isnt Rodgers alone who decided Janis didnt get to see the field. It wasnt Rodgers who signed guys off the street to play over Janis. It wasnt Rodgers fault that Janis has done absolutely nothing outside of Green Bay. He simply isnt good.

At the same time Rodgers doesnt seem like an easy guy to work with. He is ******* people like some other athletes. As noted above Kobe, Jordan, Lebron, etc were very ******* teammates. I wish he was able to have more fun like he did a few years back. Maybe it happens again. The stuff about not throwing check downs if true is very concerning. He definitely needs someone to keep him in check like most great athletes. Egos are a dangerous thing

You essentially have 5 or so sources - 2 who have been grinding an axe for awhile, one in Grant who was actually pretty even handed - and then two or three unnamed sources. And you have people refuting this already and you have Grant who disagreed with things in the thread. Why must we believe everything in this article when others refute it?

Last edited:

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The first paragraph says it all!

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
My question is how much did MM play into the 49ers not picking him at the draft? I feel it would have been their GM not MM for letting him drop?

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My question is how much did MM play into the 49ers not picking him at the draft? I feel it would have been their GM not MM for letting him drop?

I think it says it in the article. Ryan Grant mentioned that MM said "Alex Smith is better"

Now...obviously he was with the 49ers and they drafted him so he to some degree has to say that. But clearly did not matter to Rodgers. I assume the chance to go #1 and play for a team where you are from is part of a dream scenario, and McCarthy & Co. ruined that for him and he never forgave him for it. To add insult to injury, McCarthy comes to GB and Rodgers has to sit behind Favre for another 2 years.

But it is probably like any kid that gets drafted, "Man I always wanted to play for an organization like :insert team:!"

It would be weird if McCarthy, who's team had the first pick, came out and said that someone else was better. I am certain once McCarthy got to Green Bay he was singing a different tune.

Reaction score
I believe none of what I hear and half of what I see.
Maybe not that much when she comes to this sorta thing

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feckin blame TT. He was the reason this festered for so long. And the talent drain that was the root cause as mentioned in article is all due to him.

The article makes good points but with lots of conjecture. AR hating MM back from 2006 due to draft is just plain nonsense and post facto revisionism. I haven't see this even hinted to back then.

MMs lack of adaptability and ARs perceived arrogance is well known before. He was single handedly keeping us in the race for years. He deserves a bit of leeway there, and he got it.

All I hope is we start on a clean slate now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts