Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think maybe we should delete the fire MLF thread for the rest of the season?
Leave it but it does look like he has earned another season.
To be fair and honest, the way this team looked couple of months ago, not improving but rather regressing, at the time the assessment on Lafleur was on point. He did apear to be a bad coach.

Somehow he managed to get it togheder, get through to his players and clearly his own decisions and play calling has improved significantly, for that he deserves a lot of credit.

The man is growing togheder with this team I would say. The future looks promising.

Barry I don't know yet. I would say let's see what this D# looks like by the end of this season, and maybe Barry needs another season as well and few more draft pics to put it all togheder.

Defenitly I'm finally exited and looking forward to each game now.

Cheers. Go Pack GO

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hench, why there should have been the runoff.
IMO there is no run off in that situation. The Chiefs did not do anything to create that situation. Play was in bounds and the clock starts once the ball is spotted and the referee blows his whistle for play to resume. There were plenty of other calls on the last drive that the officials were incorrect on but IMO this was not one of them.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Leave it but it does look like he has earned another season.
To be fair and honest, the way this team looked couple of months ago, not improving but rather regressing, at the time the assessment on Lafleur was on point. He did apear to be a bad coach.

Somehow he managed to get it togheder, get through to his players and clearly his own decisions and play calling has improved significantly, for that he deserves a lot of credit.

The man is growing togheder with this team I would say. The future looks promising.

Barry I don't know yet. I would say let's see what this D# looks like by the end of this season, and maybe Barry needs another season as well and few more draft pics to put it all togheder.

Defenitly I'm finally exited and looking forward to each game now.

Cheers. Go Pack GO
I can't remember if I read it or heard it on the aftergame radio show, but I agreed with the take. The Packer offense is now operating with a bigger playbook and looking more like a MLF offense. They started the season with a very GREEN QB, WR's and TE. MLF was trying to limit the calls so as to not overcomplicate things and set Love and others up for failure.

This is exactly what I was hoping for before the season started. A QB that improves from game to game and as a result, so do the players around him. The uptick came at a time where I didn't expect it, against some pretty solid defenses.

If anything fans should be saying that they underestimated MLF's ability to coach to the strengths and weaknesses of his players.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The Chiefs did not do anything to create that situation.
Clock stopped for the review. The offensive penalty should have incurred the runoff afterwards since they had no TO left. Or at least the clock should have resumed immediately after the ball was spotted at midfield.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been holding off on getting hyped up about Jordan Love, waiting for him to do really well against a good defense...but now it's time. I've never seen a QB somehow flip a switch and go from being bad to being really good in the span of a week; he went from one of the least accurate QBs in the league to one of the most accurate QBs in the league over the past 3-4 weeks, it's been pretty amazing.

I have really enjoyed watching Watson prove, yet again, that he has the tools to be one of the best receivers in the NFL. Some fans continue to forget how raw Watson was coming out of college, which is why a player with physical skills comparable to Julio Jones fell to the second round, and expect him to be some kind of complete receiver in his second season. Especially with a QB who, until recently, hasn't been able to throw the ball further than 20 yards downfield accurately. With Love finding his touch Watson is again showing the massive upside he has if he can continue to refine his game and improve his route running.

I'm terrified that Barry is somehow saving his job this season because the defense has been good. It only took half a decade of depleting the offense and investing pretty much every high draft pick on defense to give Barry the players he needs to be good. That doesn't seem like a path to success over the long term.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't remember if I read it or heard it on the aftergame radio show, but I agreed with the take. The Packer offense is now operating with a bigger playbook and looking more like a MLF offense. They started the season with a very GREEN QB, WR's and TE. MLF was trying to limit the calls so as to not overcomplicate things and set Love and others up for failure.

This is exactly what I was hoping for before the season started. A QB that improves from game to game and as a result, so do the players around him. The uptick came at a time where I didn't expect it, against some pretty solid defenses.

If anything fans should be saying that they underestimated MLF's ability to coach to the strengths and weaknesses of his players.
Is it just as possible that the players around the QB improved from game to game and as a result so did the QB? Asking for a different friend. I know it's hard to believe but I have 2 friends now.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clock stopped for the review. The offensive penalty should have incurred the runoff afterwards since they had no TO left. Or at least the clock should have resumed immediately after the ball was spotted at midfield.
I posted in another thread that I thought that the ref was slow to wind the clock after the ball was spotted. I still can't find a definitive answer about the run off. Thanks for responding.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been holding off on getting hyped up about Jordan Love, waiting for him to do really well against a good defense...but now it's time. I've never seen a QB somehow flip a switch and go from being bad to being really good in the span of a week; he went from one of the least accurate QBs in the league to one of the most accurate QBs in the league over the past 3-4 weeks, it's been pretty amazing.

I have really enjoyed watching Watson prove, yet again, that he has the tools to be one of the best receivers in the NFL. Some fans continue to forget how raw Watson was coming out of college, which is why a player with physical skills comparable to Julio Jones fell to the second round, and expect him to be some kind of complete receiver in his second season. Especially with a QB who, until recently, hasn't been able to throw the ball further than 20 yards downfield accurately. With Love finding his touch Watson is again showing the massive upside he has if he can continue to refine his game and improve his route running.

I'm terrified that Barry is somehow saving his job this season because the defense has been good. It only took half a decade of depleting the offense and investing pretty much every high draft pick on defense to give Barry the players he needs to be good. That doesn't seem like a path to success over the long term.
As good as MLF has been lately I sure hope he takes the jet sweep to Watson out of the playbook. I posted a couple of weeks ago that I cringe (usually about 5 seconds before Watson cringes in pain) every time they hand the ball off to him.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I posted in another thread that I thought that the ref was slow to wind the clock after the ball was spotted. I still can't find a definitive answer about the run off. Thanks for responding.
The clock was stopped until the snap. they never wound it. I watched for it on replay. Last two minutes:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Is it just as possible that the players around the QB improved from game to game and as a result so did the QB? Asking for a different friend. I know it's hard to believe but I have 2 friends now.
Most definitely the players around Love have improved. That is the beauty of a young team. Lots of room to grow individually and collectively. I also think the OL is playing better. Some of that might be development and some of it might be team chemistry has been established. I can imagine that pass blocking for #10 is a bit different than for #12. Possibly run blocking for Dillon and not Aaron Jones too. All the little nuances you get with change, take time.

I am sure someone will correct me, but even with all the injuries factored in, this team has grown/developed more in 12 games, than I can remember another Packer team doing.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As good as MLF has been lately I sure hope he takes the jet sweep to Watson out of the playbook. I posted a couple of weeks ago that I cringe (usually about 5 seconds before Watson cringes in pain) every time they hand the ball off to him.
Agree. I don't mind see Reed running it on occasion, but the Watson end around just hasn't taken shape. Another aspect of it, besides the injury potential, you probably gassed Watson for the next play.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I've never had an issue with Love, I just wanted to see him actually play like he deserved the love he was getting from fans. As I said, his turnaround is unprecedented, I've literally never seen nor heard of a QB turning around their game as quickly as Love has turned his around. It's been shocking and I've loved every moment of it (are we trying to pun Love's name as much as possible or not?).

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting disgusted enough to no longer bother with the morning sports shows on TV. The Mike Greenberg show "Get Up", a pretty good and balanced show, went off the rails on the non-pass interference call, Greenberg all but claiming that that cost the Chiefs the game. Really Mike? So if they get that call it's guaranteed that they score the touchdown, then get the two-point conversion to tie the game, and go on to win the game. By the way didn't notice the chief's tackle with a hand to the face of a packer defender on that play? Didn't notice that penalty no call? Of course not it doesn't fit the narrative.
The Packers won because they were the better team. But let's just talk about the Chiefs got robbed, because the Packers winning doesn't fit the narrative.
I watched the NFL Network's Good Morning Football show yesterday and they talked about the calls/non-calls but one guy made it a point to say folks should be talking about Love's performance and not let those plays at the end of the game be the main topic of conversation.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know many refs do not like to determine outcomes of a game so they tend to only call the obvious or perceived obvious. Sometimes they favor the home team, the better team, or the famous athlete. Rodgers benefited at times in his career. So did Brady. Even though they were replacement refs I believe that called the Fail Mary back in Seattle in 2012 would have ruled INT if the game had ended at Lambeau Field instead of the Seahawk backyard.
I'm hoping Love will start to get calls like other top QBs do. I think it was in Pitt when Jordan was hit in the face by a defender with a zebra standing there and no flag was thrown.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the NFL Network's Good Morning Football show yesterday and they talked about the calls/non-calls but one guy made it a point to say folks should be talking about Love's performance and not let those plays at the end of the game be the main topic of conversation.
Whereas on the CBS sports program they made note that the calls in the last Chiefs drive impacted BOTH teams and did not imply that only one benefited and one did not.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I've never had an issue with Love, I just wanted to see him actually play like he deserved the love he was getting from fans. As I said, his turnaround is unprecedented, I've literally never seen nor heard of a QB turning around their game as quickly as Love has turned his around. It's been shocking and I've loved every moment of it (are we trying to pun Love's name as much as possible or not?).
I guess I had you confused with one of the posters who continually criticized the Love draft pick ;)

Let's face it. All those Packer fans that HATED and questioned that pick in 2020 are starting to look over their shoulders to see if their plate of crow is being served up.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts