What do you REALLY think Rodgers would garner in a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Dude I said this in multiple posts and got a bunch of backlash...except I didnt say "screw the packers." Of course Rodgers would want to minimize the assets his new team has to give up for him. He is after all trying to win a SB.
I guess we agree upon something for a change. ;)

My point, how often have you ever heard of a player using that kind of leverage against his old team? I will say it again, love what Rodgers can do on the field, but off of it, he's a dick.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess we agree upon something for a change. ;)

My point, how often have you ever heard of a player using that kind of leverage against his old team? I will say it again, love what Rodgers can do on the field, but off of it, he's a dick.

Well that didnt last long but we did agree momentarily haha. I dont think that makes him a ****. I think that makes him smart. If hecwants to win MVP and a SB why I ask you, would he say yeah im cool with playing for the 49ers or Jets. Go see who will give up the most for me and take that deal. Tgat would be dumb af.

Here, now we agree again because I do think Rodgers is a ****. Just not for that reason

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well that didnt last long but we did agree momentarily haha. I dont think that makes him a ****. I think that makes him smart. If hecwants to win MVP and a SB why I ask you, would he say yeah im cool with playing for the 49ers or Jets. Go see who will give up the most for me and take that deal. Tgat would be dumb af.

Here, now we agree again because I do think Rodgers is a ****. Just not for that reason
I don't deny that Rodgers is doing this for the purpose of trying to help his new team, I was simply pointing out that it is a total unprecedented (that I know of) dick move. Maybe other high profile guys have tried to manipulate a trade deal in the same way and it is only speculation, but definitely something I would not put past Rodgers to do.

Reaction score
I’m guessing
2023-#42, #112(or player in lieu)
2024-2nd Rounder straight up. Or swapping our 2024 Day 2 for their 2024 Day 1

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

If what Mike Greenberg said is true about Aaron Rodgers being the one that has influenced the trade parameters, it wouldn't shock me one bit. I said this before the potential trade with the Jets was even announced, that if there were trade talks Rodgers will do whatever he can do to screw the Packers.

Do you honestly believe the Jets front office is that stupid that they need Rodgers to tell them to not agree to whatever the Packers ask in return to acquire him? :rolleyes:

Rodgers said on the Pat McAfee show he went into darkness 90% retiring. When Jets owner Woody Johnson heard that he reneged on the original agreement which would have brought the Packers the Jets 13th pick. He's worried Rodgers will only play one year. Rodgers could reassure him he intends to play longer but he won't. Now Rodgers is saying he won't be in Jets camp until May so there's no need to rush the trade. He's the one holding up the trade. Rodgers is the seeking control over the trade while trying to screw the Packers.

Once again, the Jets were aware that it's possible Rodgers retires after playing only one season for them from the get-go. They didn't need him to tell them there's a chance of that happening. All they need to do to realize that is take a look at his birth certificate.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers said on the Pat McAfee show he went into darkness 90% retiring. When Jets owner Woody Johnson heard that he reneged on the original agreement which would have brought the Packers the Jets 13th pick. He's worried Rodgers will only play one year. Rodgers could reassure him he intends to play longer but he won't. Now Rodgers is saying he won't be in Jets camp until May so there's no need to rush the trade. He's the one holding up the trade. Rodgers is the seeking control over the trade while trying to screw the Packers.
do you guys really believe stuff like this? Seriously, he's going to be FORTY. He's at the end, he's contemplated stepping away already, The owner, the GM, the coach, the OC all flew a private plane out to meet with him and talk about his future. The OC is a former coach of his and you think the Pat Mcafee comments are what clued them in that he might be a year to year deal at this point?

I think it's more like the guy trying to buy a used car and says he likes the car and the price, yeah, I'll give you 10K for it and then when it's time to pay the money he's like, uhhh, there's not much tread left on this 15 year old car, how about 5K knowing you have your new car in the driveway and hoping you just want to the old one gone rather than take up space and pay for insurance on a car you're not driving. and the packers looked back at him and said, no, we agreed on a price previously. so here we sit. knowing the guy really wants the car because he flew 3000K miles to see it and didn't buy a ticket back home and the guy knowing we live in an HOA with a "no cars" in the driveway policy and a 1 car garage and have an appeal hearing in 3 months.

Seriously, what is Rodgers doing to control this situation? Hey guys, take your time? They'll take it if they want to hoping the Packers give in. If they want it done, it will be done and it won't matter what Rodgers' thinks. Seriously, is going to retire if the Jets give up their #13? You think Rodgers is the one making them not want to give up their #13? Do you think other players on the Jets want them to keep the #13 and Rodgers too? Or is just Rodgers the ****?

I get people don't like some of what he says and does, I don't really care about that stuff, it's this type stuff that just makes me shake my head. I can't believe the lengths some go to, to try and paint Rodgers as a bad guy. and then they have the gaul to say they'd probably hang out with him because he's a cool guy. LOL

Reaction score
do you guys really believe stuff like this? Seriously, he's going to be FORTY. He's at the end, he's contemplated stepping away already, The owner, the GM, the coach, the OC all flew a private plane out to meet with him and talk about his future. The OC is a former coach of his and you think the Pat Mcafee comments are what clued them in that he might be a year to year deal at this point?

I think it's more like the guy trying to buy a used car and says he likes the car and the price, yeah, I'll give you 10K for it and then when it's time to pay the money he's like, uhhh, there's not much tread left on this 15 year old car, how about 5K knowing you have your new car in the driveway and hoping you just want to the old one gone rather than take up space and pay for insurance on a car you're not driving. and the packers looked back at him and said, no, we agreed on a price previously. so here we sit. knowing the guy really wants the car because he flew 3000K miles to see it and didn't buy a ticket back home and the guy knowing we live in an HOA with a "no cars" in the driveway policy and a 1 car garage and have an appeal hearing in 3 months.

Seriously, what is Rodgers doing to control this situation? Hey guys, take your time? They'll take it if they want to hoping the Packers give in. If they want it done, it will be done and it won't matter what Rodgers' thinks. Seriously, is going to retire if the Jets give up their #13? You think Rodgers is the one making them not want to give up their #13? Do you think other players on the Jets want them to keep the #13 and Rodgers too? Or is just Rodgers the ****?

I get people don't like some of what he says and does, I don't really care about that stuff, it's this type stuff that just makes me shake my head. I can't believe the lengths some go to, to try and paint Rodgers as a bad guy. and then they have the gaul to say they'd probably hang out with him because he's a cool guy. LOL
I like the car analogy!
That said Rodgers is an older but still tuned up Maserati. He’s also the only one inside 1,000 miles for sale and maybe 1 of a possible 2 or 3 in the entire Country and he just came in 1st place twice in races over the last 2 years.
The others are near new and very, very expensive, this one not so much so I think you might put him in storage before treating him like a 2006 Corolla! Lol

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the QB that made demands to the packer org that he wanted a say in what they were doing. Nothing has changed whatsoever - he wants to dictate the trade as well IMO. Big surprise.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the QB that made demands to the packer org that he wanted a say in what they were doing. Nothing has changed whatsoever - he wants to dictate the trade as well IMO. Big surprise.

Hold on a minute...its his what? Job. If you were gonna get a new job wouldnt you want to dictate the terms and location if you were able to? Or do you just go work wherever your boss says with no say in it?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hold on a minute...its his what? Job. If you were gonna get a new job wouldnt you want to dictate the terms and location if you were able to? Or do you just go work wherever your boss says with no say in it?
Sure, why not? Might as continue to be a d ick and piss off 2 fan bases, before you retire. I can say and do a lot of things, doesnt automatically make those decisions acceptable or correct.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, why not? Might as continue to be a d ick and piss off 2 fan bases, before you retire. I can say and do a lot of things, doesnt automatically make those decisions acceptable or correct.

Im not sure what 2 fan bases have to do with a guy deciding he wants to work somewhere else. What buisness is it of theirs? Once again Im not sure why a lot of "fans" cant understand that NFL football is a job to the players.

Have you ever decided to get a new job? Was that decision acceptable ? Of course it was its your life, your job, and you have to try and put yourself in position to be successful and most importantly happy

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not sure what 2 fan bases have to do with a guy deciding he wants to work somewhere else. What buisness is it of theirs? Once again Im not sure why a lot of "fans" cant understand that NFL football is a job to the players.

Have you ever decided to get a new job? Was that decision acceptable ? Of course it was its your life, your job, and you have to try and put yourself in position to be successful and most importantly happy
The point I was subtlely trying to make is this...no one should be surprised that AR12 is holding things up, he might well be one of the most overrated regular season heros anyone has ever seen. The paint has dried on the player he is. I can sum it up w one word - Choker. If this realism isnt apparent to anyone I digress. Thats my opinion. This is why other teams pause w him. They want to win the big one, not go 16-1 and lose at home in the divisional or conference playoff game.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Pull your head out of the sand, look around. Just because YOU don't see it or understand it, most Packer fans do. Also, stop making strawman arguments, I haven't seen anyone here, including myself, ever say that playing football in the NFL wasn't a job. Aaron Rodgers has done quite a job alienating himself from Green Bay fans, I doubt it will take him long to do the same in N.Y.

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is not his job to dictate and have an opinion on trade value. Have you ever heard of a player doing this. Rodgers even commented that the trade wouldn’t be much return. It wasn’t an opinion, it was his belief. A player should not be involved in such matters. And to think we are that stupid that he would undervalue himself by saying that? That is conniving to the core. He is going to lose his fan base the more he discloses his true colors. It didn’t have to be this way and I could care less if this trade happens at all. Trade him to a team for peanuts for all I care. Force him to retire.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It is not his job to dictate and have an opinion on trade value. Have you ever heard of a player doing this. Rodgers even commented that the trade wouldn’t be much return. It wasn’t an opinion, it was his belief. A player should not be involved in such matters. And to think we are that stupid that he would undervalue himself by saying that? That is conniving to the core. He is going to lose his fan base the more he discloses his true colors. It didn’t have to be this way and I could care less if this trade happens at all. Trade him to a team for peanuts for all I care. Force him to retire.
Well said.

Some here want you to believe that they are smart, because they say that they can see Rodgers for who he really is and it isn't what the rest of us think. Just fake news they say. Then they go on to say that the only thing that matters is what happens on the field. :roflmao: One of them is the same idiot that was preaching that covid was just a way to cull the herd and being overblown.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score

That job part is true. However these guys are in the entertainment business. So there’s an audience to consider also. Most of our jobs don’t concern Tens of Millions of people watching us and relying on them for our salary. so it’s quite a bit different as far as the industry aspect imo

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He didn't dictate the terms of the trade. He simply pointed out the obvious...he was only going to agree to be traded to one specific team, he might retire after 2023, thus the Jets arent going to be willing to give up what should be given up for a FHOF qb who is still more than capable of being league MVP and winning a SB

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't dictate the terms of the trade. He simply pointed out the obvious...he was only going to agree to be traded to one specific team, he might retire after 2023, thus the Jets arent going to be willing to give up what should be given up for a FHOF qb who is still more than capable of being league MVP and winning a SB
He kind of laughed when the mere mention of a first rounder was even on the table.

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL....you just got done saying that it was ok for him to do so and now you are saying that he didn't.

It was okay to shop for a team, but don’t set your price. Basically saying that he was going to the Jets for nothing.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL....you just got done saying that it was ok for him to do so and now you are saying that he didn't.

I said it was ok for him to choose where he wants to be employed like every other person working in the United States of America

Ultimately the circumstances dictate the terms of the trade that was the point I was making there in response to @Todd Princl

He kind of laughed when the mere mention of a first rounder was even on the table.

Well yeah, if you go back and look at my posts, I called this a long time ago. Why would he want his new team to give up big assets to get him? He wants to win a SB...he wants a day one starter at left tackle with that #13 pick

Ultimately the Packers can probably squeeze the Jets for a future first rounder even if it ends up being conditional along with #42 or #43 this year. My bet is Rodgers balls out with that Jets and plays at least 2 seasons for them

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I said it was ok for him to choose where he wants to be employed like every other person working in the United States of America.
The NFL is a business and in most cases, its employees (players) don't often have a say where in the NFL they work, until they become free agents. That process starts with the draft. Don't like it, work for another business.

Are there cases where players like Derek Carr makes sure his contract has a "no trade clause" in it or times when a player threatens to sit, if he isnt paid more or traded to a team he agrees to? Sure there is. However, for you to insist that all NFL players should have the right to choose which "business" they work for is silly. They already have chosen, they work in the NFL and should abide by the contract they signed.

Imagine what a cluster F. would exist every year, if every player got to choose which team they played for.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

The point I was subtlely trying to make is this...no one should be surprised that AR12 is holding things up, he might well be one of the most overrated regular season heros anyone has ever seen. The paint has dried on the player he is. I can sum it up w one word - Choker. If this realism isnt apparent to anyone I digress. Thats my opinion. This is why other teams pause w him. They want to win the big one, not go 16-1 and lose at home in the divisional or conference playoff game.

Rodgers (91.0) has a better passer rating in playoff losses than Brady (89.8) has in all of his playoff games.

Yet some of you truly believe he's the only way to blame for the team coming up short in the postseason since 2010 :rolleyes:

It is not his job to dictate and have an opinion on trade value. Have you ever heard of a player doing this.

Please enlighten me when Rodgers dictated his trade value.

Force him to retire.

Good luck with that as he's guaranteed to be paid $60 million next season.

It was actually Gutekunst who mentioned the Packers don't necessarily need a first rounder in return. I haven't heard Rodgers comment on it though.

It was okay to shop for a team, but don’t set your price. Basically saying that he was going to the Jets for nothing.

Once again, when did that happen?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL is a business and in most cases, its employees (players) don't often have a say where in the NFL they work, until they become free agents. That process starts with the draft. Don't like it, work for another business.

Are there cases where players like Derek Carr makes sure his contract has a "no trade clause" in it or times when a player threatens to sit, if he isnt paid more or traded to a team he agrees to? Sure there is. However, for you to insist that all NFL players should have the right to choose which "business" they work for is silly. They already have chosen, they work in the NFL and should abide by the contract they signed.

Imagine what a cluster F. would exist every year, if every player got to choose which team they played for.
IMO we are not discussing every player in the NFL. We are currently discussing AR.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
IMO we are not discussing every player in the NFL. We are currently discussing AR.

You are late to the party. The OP said this:

Why wouldn't we talk about every player in the NFL? If it's some special "Aaron Rodgers Rule" that I am missing, enlighten me. If the OP wants the NFL players to be allowed to quit one job and resign with another team of their choosing to "start another job", whenever they fancy, the NFL would have a real problem. All I am hearing from a poster like that is "F contracts and owners, players should have the same rights that we do." They do, they can quit the NFL at anytime and go shop jobs, but as long as they are in the NFL, they have to abide by the rules of the NFL. View it as a "non-compete clause", if it makes it easier to understand.

Now any player, including Rodgers, can go back and haggle with the team on changing contract terms, as can the team with the player. Rodgers and the Packers seem to have come to a mutual agreement, its time to end the relationship and thus end the contract. This doesn't make Rodgers a free agent, to negotiate a new deal. What he got out of the agreement was a say in where he would be traded to. Meanwhile, the Packers are working on the trade deal with that team, the Jets. Rodgers should not have any say in or influence on what assets (besides himself) that the trade involves. Yet, if reports/rumors/speculation are true, once again Rodgers has and continues to do what he does best, manipulate the system to serve his own agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online