What did we learn in Week 2?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I learned that Randall Cobb wasn't just a rookie sensation, he is an offensive weapon that defenses need to game plan around AND he is tough. The kid took several lickings last night and kept coming back for more. Hopefully he learns to minimize those for injury sake

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Cobb will learn to cool it on the hot rod stuff. He is a BEAST and I am glad that we can cut him loose. Hope that he can stay healthy all season. He is a sensational player for his age.

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing needs to be said about the D, all around they looked GREAT!

O-Line needs to protect better, especially Newhouse, he was getting beat for majority of the night.

We need to catch the ball! I saw at least three passes that hit receivers in the hands before being dropped.

Slocum with the ST call was brilliant, I'm just glad the Bears were the first to see it.

Cutler dreams about being sacked seven times and throwing four picks :).

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Things learned:

1) Jerel Worthy > CJ Wilson
2) Mike Daniels should be activated for every game.
3) Bush should stick to special teams.

This was a great game, but McCarthy's late game play calls were confusing. The Rodgers INT was inexcusable. Why not run the ball and eat the clock? I also hated the fact he punted to Hester late in the 4th quarter... KICK IT OUT!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Things learned:

1) Jerel Worthy > CJ Wilson
2) Mike Daniels should be activated for every game.
3) Bush should stick to special teams.

This was a great game, but McCarthy's late game play calls were confusing. The Rodgers INT was inexcusable. Why not run the ball and eat the clock? I also hated the fact he punted to Hester late in the 4th quarter... KICK IT OUT!

Ummm......that may go under Arods stats, but JAMES JONES ran the wrong route, that was clear and evident. That pick would NOT have happened if JJ would pull his head out of his ***.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ lol...you had cutler on fantasy football???? Hope that you were up getting a beer or taking a dump and that was an auto pick by the computer....lol

Packfan14

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ lol...you had cutler on fantasy football???? Hope that you were up getting a beer or taking a dump and that was an auto pick by the computer....lol

I already had Rodgers as a Keeper, but drafted him for trade bait since he was playing Indy Week 1. I got Reggie Bush and Harvin for him.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
OK, everyone is still basking in the glow of a good Bears beating. So I hate to mellow that a little, but I have to. I think we learned the D "can" be good depending on the opponent. I'm not sure about the secondary though. Cutler is Cutler and he can make any D look good. I want to wait several games before I say the Defense turned the corner.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ this can be true, but I do think that the D performance can spark confidence, thus producing better overall play. Getting kicked in the nuts the first game really takes the wind out of a teams sails. This win should help us to get that back.

packerfan42

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finely, fans like to boo...
Because, the guy can't catch a cold... He was doing ok, cause the guy has a good skill set...
acted cocky like he was important, been mister disappointment ever sinse.
He's a recieving tightend, who is a drive killer, plus he is known, not to hang on to the ball...
on stretching for extra yards and crap, when he already has the first down.
That was a nice play to punch the ball out, but Finely only had one arm on that ball.

As for Rodgers, I don't know how his confidence isn't shot, with all the big play drops i have
seen in just the first two games.

ARod

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense has the potential to be amazing! I hesitate to say they've turned a corner until they can pull similar numbers in subsequent, sequential games.

The offense looked stiff. Drops all over the place, receivers not finishing routes, still too many turnovers. Benson seems to be getting more comfortable in the offense, and I like that they're working with him to get him in his comfort zone, instead of forcing him to change everything he knows to fit a new scheme.

I love that, despite the offense stalling, they still managed to put up points with creative play calling and pull out a win! That is a winning combination if I ever saw one.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ummm......that may go under Arods stats, but JAMES JONES ran the wrong route, that was clear and evident. That pick would NOT have happened if JJ would pull his head out of his ***.

The pick also never would have happened if Benson was running a dive up the middle. My comment was in regards to the play call, not the interception. The play call was bad for the situation. On first down with 7 minutes left in a game you lead by 20, you drain the clock.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The pick also never would have happened if Benson was running a dive up the middle. My comment was in regards to the play call, not the interception. The play call was bad for the situation. On first down with 7 minutes left in a game you lead by 20, you drain the clock.

I agree with the drain the clock idea 100%....but, the bears started to stuff the run, so we fired the pass back up. Play call was not bad, MM wanted to break it off in the bears *** even further, nothing wrong with that. J ames Jones need to learn how to route run, most overrated guy on our team by far. Trade his ***. BTW, we can also milk the clock like J. Nelson did, middle field pass, don't run out of bounds.....that works too.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

JJ's head was NOT up his ***. How about we actually look at the play? Jones had his route cut off and instead of forcing his way in front of the CB, he slipped behind when Rodgers thought he was able to get to his spot. There was fault for both of them. Jones should have cut his route off short, Rodgers should have recognized that the route was disrupted.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Sorry bro, can't agree with what you say. YOU look again. JJ was not on a deep route. He started his route, cut in, stopped and hesitated and tried to get back to WHERE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE....outside. The DB recognized what was going on and jumped in on the mistake. Had he not had the hesitation and cut quickly to the outside, it would have been a catch, not a pick. You can clearly see the frustration that Arod displayed, due to the fact that he RAN THE WRONG ROUTE.
Arod is a humble guy, if that had been his mistake he would not have gotten so pissed off at JJ. He would have said "my bad". But since JJ clearly had a brain fart, his QB got all up in his butt about it.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, everyone is still basking in the glow of a good Bears beating. So I hate to mellow that a little, but I have to. I think we learned the D "can" be good depending on the opponent. I'm not sure about the secondary though. Cutler is Cutler and he can make any D look good. I want to wait several games before I say the Defense turned the corner.
I would say this is good thinking but I will add that I think the pass rush is proving itself to have improved. 11 sacks in two games including four against a good 49r O line and better overall pressure than in most games last year tells me so far so good there.
I can't remember but I think we only had 29 sacks all last year and CM3 has already surpassed last year. You gotta know it's looking up. I think we all agreed the shuffle in the defensive backfield would take time so keeping that in mind this D could really be right where we all hoped it would be in that last four or five games.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry bro, can't agree with what you say. YOU look again. JJ was not on a deep route. He started his route, cut in, stopped and hesitated and tried to get back to WHERE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE....outside. The DB recognized what was going on and jumped in on the mistake. Had he not had the hesitation and cut quickly to the outside, it would have been a catch, not a pick. You can clearly see the frustration that Arod displayed, due to the fact that he RAN THE WRONG ROUTE.

We don't know what the route was. I don't recall ever saying it was a deep route. And the route looked more like an in and out, and when he went out, he was cut off. Regardless, this is nit-picky.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JJ's head was NOT up his ***. How about we actually look at the play? Jones had his route cut off and instead of forcing his way in front of the CB, he slipped behind when Rodgers thought he was able to get to his spot. There was fault for both of them. Jones should have cut his route off short, Rodgers should have recognized that the route was disrupted.

Jones did run behind the cornerback. I think Jones thought Rodgers was going to throw that one through Jennings' chest.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the drain the clock idea 100%....but, the bears started to stuff the run, so we fired the pass back up. Play call was not bad, MM wanted to break it off in the bears *** even further, nothing wrong with that. J ames Jones need to learn how to route run, most overrated guy on our team by far. Trade his ***. BTW, we can also milk the clock like J. Nelson did, middle field pass, don't run out of bounds.....that works too.

Agreed. I would just like to see two minutes drained off the clock followed by the Bears having to drive 80 yards for a TD.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts