What did we learn in Week 2?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Okay, post one thing you learned about the team this week. Try to keep it to one or 2 sentences.

Our special teams may be the best we've had in a decade. Coverage was very good against a team with very good special teams.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense isn't clicking and needs something to spark it.

The defense will be good this year as the rookies get experience and start to gel into a unit.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Cedric Benson looks to be a positive addition. They now have the ability to take time off the clock by running.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Benson is the best back we have had in a few years. But he's not perfect.

I saw an OL make a block at the 2nd level tonight on a run, TJ Lang.

The defense was fantastic. The pass rush was great and not just Clay Matthews.
Walden is improved, Dezman Moses is pretty good, and so is Nick Perry. They had a nice rotation going there among those 4 guys, everyone was fresh.

The DL rotation is good, Raji is able to stay fresher.

When there's a decent or better pass rush, our DBs are greedy back there with the ballhawk Int hunting!

Masthay's passer rating is perfect.

What happened to the new & improved Bears offense with all those new toys?
Marshall dropped the best pass he had, and did we meet the rookie Alshon Jeffrey yet?

Greg Jennings is a key component to this offense.

Rodgers just missed Jordy, Jones, and Finley on deep passes..... he's not in his normal groove yet.

James Jones cost Rodgers an interception, and Rodgers hates, hates, hates Ints on his statline.
Hates em.

Finley works his *** off and I feel bad for him because fans have made him the guy they love to boo.
His fumble tonight was a great (and somewhat lucky) play from Peanut Tilman.... that was a great punch that happened to hit the ball directly. J-Mike had the ball in the correct outside arm, and he was fighting to get the extra 2 yards to get the first down on that 3rd & long play.

How awesome was it that it was Donald Driver who caught that touchdown!
And he didn't even take a big hit.

Speaking of that, we seem to have been very fortunate with no big injuries again for the 2nd game in a row. Jennings was out but it doesn't appear to be serious.

What a great great call by McCarthy on the fake FG, and great execution.
Jerel Worthy had a nice game, but he almost commited a block in the back on that Crabtree fake FG score.

Best news of all, well not best but I love it:
The zebras were just fine. Could have been normal refs for all we knew. This is great news because I think the refs union is greedy. Those guys work very part time, and already make more than their talent. Have of them are old & retired, bad vision. And some of them were already corrupt IMO.

cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
frankrizzo says it all......"Greg Jennings is a key component to this offense."

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Hayward still shuts down Jeffery. Fin still hasn't gotten over his knee injury and it gets in his head when he gets bumped too much.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The running started to move a bit. Pass rush keeps the secondary from being burned.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all seriousness though, Finley still can't catch the ball. If he isn't going to do his job we got two other perfectly capable TE's on the bench.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope OTHERS have learned, do not go off the deep end after 1st game of the year.

I am almost 100% sure that Niners team will be the BEST the Pack face all year

Reaction score
ARod and the Offense need to pull a batman and climb out of that hole or something.... dudes haven't been the same since ... I suppose the .... KC game, maybe?

We're leading the league in sacks... and it's fun to watch.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Another good thing about tonight. I don't recall hearing Bush's name called for being toasted even once.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like we learned that the defense is just as good as anyone in the league when it clicks.

What made me the most excited was seeing other guys push through the o-line other than Clay. I thought Daniels and Worthy were great.

Receivers need to catch the ball though, and Finley is driving me absolutely insane. Great forced fumble on that play but between the drops and the fumble he is making me crazy. Can't feel like we can trust him when the ball comes his way. Not the best start for an "elite" tight end.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense is showing the same problems from the end of last year: receivers not holding onto the ball, OL not solid in protection or run blocking, Rodgers not making as good of throws or decisions. On the bright side: A running game!

Members online

Latest posts