Ty Montgomery Progressing From His Ankle Injury

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This thing is still bad news. I hope he can play this season. We really need his talent.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really liked what I saw from him last season. Hope he comes back 100% and keeps developing, he could be a really great weapon.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Keeping my fingers crossed that a position of perceived strength, WR, is just that. Lots of question marks in my mind with 4 out of the 6 receivers, none of whom just came off a major knee injury.

1. Adams: Who is he? The rookie who showed promise or the guy we saw most of 2015?
2. Montgomery: Will he be 100% and can he pick up where he left off?
3. Abbrederis: Will he stay healthy long enough to contribute and keep improving?
4. Janis: Has he learned the play book? Can he run routes and gain the trust of AR?

Stay tuned, the draft might tell us what TT and MM are thinking and until then.....James Jones....stick by your phone and hang on to that Green Hoodie

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Abby might be the odd man out. He's so capable, and so natural just doesn't have the body to take NFL punishment. It's a shame, because I like him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Keeping my fingers crossed that a position of perceived strength, WR, is just that. Lots of question marks in my mind with 4 out of the 6 receivers, none of whom just came off a major knee injury.

1. Adams: Who is he? The rookie who showed promise or the guy we saw most of 2015?
2. Montgomery: Will he be 100% and can he pick up where he left off?
3. Abbrederis: Will he stay healthy long enough to contribute and keep improving?
4. Janis: Has he learned the play book? Can he run routes and gain the trust of AR?

Stay tuned, the draft might tell us what TT and MM are thinking and until then.....James Jones....stick by your phone and hang on to that Green Hoodie

There's no denying there are question marks about the receiving corps entering this season. With Nelson hopefully returning in full strength I'm optimistic the other WRs will be more productive than last season while being covered by less talented cornerbacks.

I'm a bit worried about the severity of Montgomery's injury though.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There's no denying there are question marks about the receiving corps entering this season. With Nelson hopefully returning in full strength I'm optimistic the other WRs will be more productive than last season while being covered by less talented cornerbacks.

I'm a bit worried about the severity of Montgomery's injury though.

Yup. It doesn't help that right before Jordy's injury last year, there was ever whelming confidence in this group. So much that some were calling them the best group of WR's in the NFL. We all know how that turned out. I still think with Jordy back on the field and AR at QB, they can still be pretty good. We just have to hope that the top 4 are completely healed from various injuries, stay healthy and that Abby and Janis can contribute.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WR was a position of strength but no team can lose theit number 1, have season long nagging injuries to their 2 and 3, lose their number 4 to injury, lose their number 5 or 6 for the first half of the year and still be ok. That is insanity. If that happens again then the Packers are in trouble like any team would be. Not to mention of te's were bad and our running back was the size of an Olinemen. Hopefully Cook and an in-shape Lacy take pressure off the wrs.

D

Deleted member 6794

WR was a position of strength but no team can lose theit number 1, have season long nagging injuries to their 2 and 3, lose their number 4 to injury, lose their number 5 or 6 for the first half of the year and still be ok. That is insanity. If that happens again then the Packers are in trouble like any team would be. Not to mention of te's were bad and our running back was the size of an Olinemen. Hopefully Cook and an in-shape Lacy take pressure off the wrs.

It's true the Packers receiving corps suffered a lot of injuries last season but there were three units (Bears, Ravens and Panthers) having even more than that with one of them playing in the Super Bowl.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
While its hard to argue that the loss of Jordy and some of the injuries explained the erratic play of the WR's as well as the offense in 2015, the drops, inability to clear the LOS and missed routes we saw too often, have to be cleaned up.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While its hard to argue that the loss of Jordy and some of the injuries explained the erratic play of the WR's as well as the offense in 2015, the drops, inability to clear the LOS and missed routes we saw too often, have to be cleaned up.

I think the complete breakdown in fundamentals was a product of not really having a WR's coach. I still can't believe MM put those guys in that situation.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is how our #1wr depth chart went last year (off memory)

Nelson out preseason for year after looking extremely explosive...
Cobb, week 1? separated shoulder...
Adams week 2 maybe got hurt then. ankle, or knee tweak...
Then we leaned on the TEs/RB and Quarless went out. Rodgers/Lacy didn't perform.
Then Adams came back with a good game, and back out again.
Or was it Montgomery got his shot, and hurt the ankle.
Then we went into full on slump mode when we were forced to have Jones as our #1.
Adams comes back big, and Rodgers lands on him, finishing his playoffs.
Then Cobb punctures a lung to start the last playoff game...

I mean seriously... A person couldn't write a worse story for such a great and diverse group of WRs

Adams doesn't get hurt, in wild card game, we beat AZ. Cobb doesn't get hurt that first drive in divisional round, and we beat AZ... Even with everyone hurt, we still could have won that game. and went on to the championship.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's true the Packers receiving corps suffered a lot of injuries last season but there were three units (Bears, Ravens and Panthers) having even more than that with one of them playing in the Super Bowl.

I agree but the Panthers were a much better running team and a better defense. If gb has that defense and running game they don't get hurt as much from the wr injuries

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree but the Panthers were a much better running team and a better defense. If gb has that defense and running game they don't get hurt as much from the wr injuries

Agreed. There's no denying the Packers are mostly build around their passing offense and once that part of their game struggles the entire team is in trouble.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. There's no denying the Packers are mostly build around their passing offense and once that part of their game struggles the entire team is in trouble.

That is why it is crazy to me that last year's team was one play from the NFC championship game. They are built entirely around the passing game and on top of what we discussed about the wr injuries, you had a nicked up Rodgers to go with two tackles who were hobbled throughout the season, and a te group that scared absolutely no one. I know the Packers didnt have the worst luck of injuries in the league but it sure seemed like they were hurt at spots that impaired their game plan in many ways. Especially when McCarthy seems so slow to adapt and make changes as a coach

D

Deleted member 6794

That is why it is crazy to me that last year's team was one play from the NFC championship game. They are built entirely around the passing game and on top of what we discussed about the wr injuries, you had a nicked up Rodgers to go with two tackles who were hobbled throughout the season, and a te group that scared absolutely no one. I know the Packers didnt have the worst luck of injuries in the league but it sure seemed like they were hurt at spots that impaired their game plan in many ways. Especially when McCarthy seems so slow to adapt and make changes as a coach

The defense playing significantly better in 2015 than in previous seasons had a lot to do with the Packers coming close to returning to the NFCCG.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense playing significantly better in 2015 than in previous seasons had a lot to do with the Packers coming close to returning to the NFCCG.

That is why I am a little more optimistic this year than some. If the defense improves a bit more and the offense stays healthy there is no reason this team is a super bowl contender. Figure out the middle of defense and they are dangerous.

I think Rodgers will have a huge year after being pretty poor for his standards last year

D

Deleted member 6794

That is why I am a little more optimistic this year than some. If the defense improves a bit more and the offense stays healthy there is no reason this team is a super bowl contender. Figure out the middle of defense and they are dangerous.

I think Rodgers will have a huge year after being pretty poor for his standards last year

I'm optimistic going into the 2016 season as well. Taking a look at the Packers regular season schedule I don't see any reason the team shouldn't be capable of securing a bye week during the Wild Card round. If Thompson is able to solidify the defensive line and inside linebacker in the draft the Packers should be considered Super Bowl favorites.