There Is No Reason To Admire Brett Any Longer.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
A lot of posters on this forum seem to have taken enjoyment in ripping Brett for his pressured decision to retire, and the media crap that has continued the last couple of weeks.

Funny thing is you hear from the guys who actually play the game and 95% of them want Brett to play again.

I think I will listen to the men who actually know what they are talking about.

TT has put Aaron Rogers in a no win situation, and is to proud and stubborn to admit it and correct the problem.

I hope AR steps right in and keeps the winning going without missing a beat, but the odds are he is going to struggle, with TT's refusal to address this problem with Brett, struggling is not an option.

WAKE UP TT, THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT NOW, TIME TO EARN YOUR MONEY.

EITHER REINSTATE BF OR RELEASE HIM!!!!!!

There's an embellished made up stat if I ever seen on.

Ted earns his money. You see it when the boys take the field, and guess what, a lot of the success the team had isn't all Favre, unless he was catching his passes, blocking for himself, running the ball himself, and played all 11 defensive positions on one of the best defenses in the NFC.

Thompson won't let him go to the NFC North(vikings, see tampering thread), so he won't release him. Shut up about the release. Shut your ****** ***** mouth, he won't do it. Shut up.

Real class response there Trom.

WOW, I GUESS SOME ON THIS FORUM ARE ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING.

So because I don't agree with TT holding BF hostage I have to shut my mouth and put up with being called names I wouldn't call my worst enemy.

95% was a guess, I have only heard 1 current player say Brett should stay retired, I was guessing that I have heard or read comment by about another 99 that Brett should play.

Sorry if I embellished, let me re-state...A LARGE MAJORITY OF CURRENT PLAYERS WANT BRETT TO PLAY IF HE DECIDES TO COME BACK.

That better.

Until the whole story comes out about this tampering thing, better watch what you say.

From day 1, there has been 3 options, we all know what they are, I am just as tired as anyone with all this media crap. What's done is done.

Training camp opens in less than 2 weeks, this thing has got to be taken care of by then or it is just going to be one continuous circus.

I am completely fine with AR being the #1 QB, I just want him to have a fair shake at success, that will never happen until this whole situation goes away.

Trom, you are still the king!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...Thompson won't let him go to the NFC North(vikings, see tampering thread), so he won't release him. Shut up about the release. Shut your ****** ***** mouth, he won't do it. Shut up.

I typically enjoy your posts Trom, agree or disagree. But that wasn't really called for and far from appropriate in a civil conversation.

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
theres times i have respect for him but times i dont so yeah it depends what mood im in for me to talk about brett favre

Woodson21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do not admire brett nomore? why is that? i mean without him, we would not be were we are now! the guy put us back in the map, ever since he got GB.. i understand alot of you are hurt that the guy is no longer a packer, but that's how business in the NFL works fellas..

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Fine...he made a mistake. Now own up to it Brett! This is where he lost me and many others....that and the fact he is outwardly blaming everyone but himself for this situation, and doing so with a scorched earth mentality.

Dude has changed/added to his story as it evolves, the Packers, however, have provided a very clear and consistent timeline of the many conversations that occurred, and Brett's backing away from his open armed return, prior to Brett throwing his little tantrum.

Worship him all you want, this man as you call him, who is such a man as to have the media and family do his dirty work because he apparently does not possess the inclination, or the spine, to do so himself. This guy has been in "cover my ***" mode from the start, using his popularity with fans to hopefully insulate himself from the fact that he is clearly the problem in this matter.

Drink that Kool-Aid.

I agree digsthepack, And the topper was he wanted to slip over to the Vikings.

Kendawg

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett hasn't said anything about Rodgers that wasn't true. Brett didn't say he was a horrible quarterback and I have to agree that Rodgers does have to prove himself on the field. Just because he's the starter now doesn't mean we're not going to be screaming for his release if he performs poorly. And don't even think that I'll be forgiving because of all this "pressure" he'll be under. Brett Favre has played through the death of his father, a painkiller addiction, a broken thumb. Rodges plays one game against Dallas and goes on the the injured reserve list. I'm supposed to just forget all the years Brett Favre has given us just because he and the Packer management had a falling out? I doubt this would even be an issue if the Packer Brass let Brett come back as a starter. Yes it's time to move forward, but Brett has done a lot for this franchise... and I am not going to get short term memory just because he's playing for the Jets.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can understand if people have lost some respect but to say there's NO reason to admire him is going to far for me. I've been a huge supporter of Brett's for the last 16 years and this issue isn't going to completly erase histiry for me. In 10 years it will all be forgotten. And to say he takes no blame is also wrong. I believe at his last media deal he said neither side was totally to blame but both could of done some things different

Tengo Juego

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Wow...the product of our public schools is quite sad.
:rofl:

The whole thing saddens me deeply. But when I think about it. Its all just part of the NFL. And I just have to live with it. I will always love and respect Brett Favre as a football player and a person.

packedhouse

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have great admiration for all Brett has accomplished and I'm grateful for the great play he has given us for the last 16 years. But I no longer admire Brett the man. I think he needs to learn to stand on his own two feet and stop hiding behind quotes by his brother, his mother his agent and his wife. All this stupid retirement talk the last six years has worn on almost everyone. Had he decided not retire, he would still be in Green Bay as the starting QB. Once he retired and said he didn't have anymore gas left in the tank his organization moved forward and took 2 QB's in the draft. Then he decides he wants to come back then decides to stay retired, then wants to come back again. Good grief man, what do you want? He's in a better place right now, let's leave him there.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
I can understand if people have lost some respect but to say there's NO reason to admire him is going to far for me. I've been a huge supporter of Brett's for the last 16 years and this issue isn't going to completly erase histiry for me. In 10 years it will all be forgotten. And to say he takes no blame is also wrong. I believe at his last media deal he said neither side was totally to blame but both could of done some things different

thank you ^^^ ,, i didnt even have to type ... hate him or love him ( it is what it is ) ... you can never change the fact Brett was and is a premiere qb in the leauge ... besides who are you or any of us to judge him ,,, we dont really know what happened olny TT and brett know what went down ... i just look at this as a shining example of TT splitting the packer fans ,,, good job TT .. :clap:

Pack_One

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it has anything to do with TT. This was a business decision started by Brett. The Packers moved forward. I admire him for his time on the field, but he takes just as much blame at TT.

You won't last long bashing TT. It's just not cool.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ya well TT is just like brett in a way ,, hate him or love him ... i really dont care about TT eighter way ... as long as the pack can go out there and win games GOOD ...

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im a fan just like you ... i dont like the bs just like you ... and i want the packers to get out there and win games ... i really dont agree with the way things were handled with brett ,, but i understand we have to move on ,, so be it .... bottom line i want us to be able to compete ....

Members online

Latest posts