There Is No Reason To Admire Brett Any Longer.

bigbyfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Through all of this, even though Brett is doing the wrong thing here, I am and will always be a Packer fan and a #4 fan.

Unless he goes to the Vikings or Bears :puke:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Through all of this, even though Brett is doing the wrong thing here, I am and will always be a Packer fan and a #4 fan.

Unless he goes to the Vikings or Bears :puke:

I could stomach him on the Vikings. I couldn't stomach him on da Bears. :puke:

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Raider I enjoy all your posts, but for someone to have made a mistake you surely turn on them pretty quickly.

Its called being a fair weather fan

It's amazing how fickle a lot of fans have become. The man made ONE mistake and some people want to see him go down in flames. It seems everything he's done for this team for the past 17 years is negated, because he couldn't make a once and for all decision on retiring.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
digsthepack said:
Oh, I don't know....from day one Brett and his mouthpieces have been saying that TT didn't give him enough hugs...you know, the whole "disrespect" thing.

Does Brett mention or take ownership for the fact that TT and MM had a jet chartered to fly down and formalize his return, only to have Brett back out, again.

Or how about his "give me my helmet or give me my release" statement. Really level headed and constructive, Brett.

The list grows daily, with about the same frequency as Brett's story changing.

Basically, you are chastising the Packers organization for taking their time to make a decision of historic proportion, which is something this team has afforded Brett for going on 5 years now. Kinda one-sided in your logic.

Read it again. That might help. If you have a problem with reading comprehension, get a smart person to interpret it for you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How should he own up to the mistake? By going back into retirement and saying "im sorry for thinking about playing again" ?

The guy has already said in his interview countless times that he understands they want to move on. He isn't blaming anyone on this and that he knows he is at fault. He says he is fine with them wanting to move on but dont stop him from playing ever again.

That sounds like someone who is owning up to the consequences which followed his retirement decision. What else does Brett need to do to make YOU happy digsthepack? Does he need to send you and everyone else a letter of apology because he feels like playing again?

He has a contract for 3 more years. Pay him, play him, trade him or release him. He has never come out and said its TT's fault, its McCarthy's fault, its the fans fault, its managements fault. Show me, show me where he has said that.

best post ever!!!

I'll second that. Favre wants to come back. The man has every right to want to come back. If they don't want him as a starter, release him, and let the cards fall where they may. People here are saying Favre doesn't want to suffer any consequences. Well TT and Company are not willing to suffer any consequences either, nor are they willing to take any risks of Favre going to another team and becoming a threat.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:
Raider I enjoy all your posts, but for someone to have made a mistake you surely turn on them pretty quickly.

It's amazing how fickle a lot of fans have become. The man made ONE mistake and some people want to see him go down in flames. It seems everything he's done for this team for the past 17 years is negated, because he couldn't make a once and for all decision on retiring.

This is not ONE mistake.
This is calculated confusion, why, who knows.
Brett can't say that he is 100% committed to returning and now his agent says Brett is in no hurry to apply for reinstatement.
The bottom line is this is hurting the Green Bay Packers organization which is bigger and more important to us true Packer fans than any single player past or present.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After almost two weeks of total media crap, where does this whole thing stand?

Brett has decided to do nothing.

So IMHO nothing has changed from 2 weeks ago, Brett is retired, AR is #1 QB, TT and MM have their plan in place and are ready for training camp.

At least this circus has filled a couple of weeks on this forum, now maybe it can get back to talking real football issues.

By Sept. this whole thing will be forgotton.

PLAY BALL!!!!!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not ONE mistake.
Brett can't say that he is 100% committed to returning and now his agent says Brett is in no hurry to apply for reinstatement.
The bottom line is this is hurting the Green Bay Packers organization which is bigger and more important to us true Packer fans than any single player past or present.

OK. Fine.
It's a series of blunders after one season.

15 wonderful seasons. 1 bad season. One series of blunders after one season (which he thought fo shizzle was his last). And we no longer like him.

Amazing. Should we ask Brett for his SB ring back?

One more thing - how many of you remember the 70s and 80s before Brett Favre came along? I remember a lot of really, really bad years, then this new kid comes along and suddenly we're actually winning games. Brett Favre helped resurrect a bad franchise. If I'm not mistaken, we were so bad that we had an overall losing record going into 1991.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
This is not ONE mistake.

OK. Fine.

15 wonderful seasons. 1 bad season. One series of blunders after one season (which he thought fo shizzle was his last). And we no longer like him.

One more thing - how many of you remember the 70s and 80s before Brett Favre came along? I remember a lot of really, really bad years, then this new kid comes along and suddenly we're actually winning games. Brett Favre helped resurrect a bad franchise. If I'm not mistaken, we were so bad that we had an overall losing record going into 1991.

I've been a Packer fan since 1956 so believe me I have seen it all.
You are exactly right brett Favre HELPED to bring new found succes to the Packers.
He did not do it himself. He benefitted from playing for a proud historic organization with an incredibly loyal fanbase. He could have ended up with the Jets and never found the success that he found in Green Bay.
Make no mistake, the Green Bay Packers have gone through some rough spots over their history, but they have never been a bad franchise as you suggest.

Oh bye the way, I have never heard of anyone calling for him to return his Super Bowl ring.
To us real Packer fans, no matter how this all plays out, Brett Favre will always be a Packer legend.
His contributions to the Green Bay Packer legacy are undeniable.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
This is not ONE mistake.

OK. Fine.

I remember the Packers of the 70's and 80's. That's why true fans like you and me are loyal to the man who brought the Pack back!

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Heather here.

What Harding did and what Favre is doing aren't even in the same ballpark. Nobody's being knee capped here, just Favre being dumb.

Athletes do dumb things. They're athletes, not rocket scientists.

I enjoy the game because it's exciting to watch from an intellectual perspective. You get to see the Coach move players around like chess pieces, taking advantage of his team's strengths and trying to hide his team's weaknesses.

As for individual athletes, I can't imagine almost anyone in any sport doing the job I do, just like I can't do what they do. They entertain us. Brett Favre has entertained me for 16 years and has done a marvelous job at it. Because of that, I will always admire Brett Favre unless he does something drastically evil. What he is doing is not evil, it is dumb. HUGE difference.

Zombie,

I could not do what you do and I am not a pro athlete. To me software is a pair of cotton boxer shorts. Hell I can not even get myself my own avatar.

Look... Heather is a good packer fan. So are you, and so are almost everyone on this board. The Harding thing is an analogy. I do think Brett has knee capped T.T. He has not used a club, but words. They can be just as damaging.

I hope tonight in part 3 Greta does not edit out the stuff he said to her and gives us the whole interview.

I am VERY disappointed in Brett. If I have been too harsh, call it passion.

I love this franchise.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
loyalty to favre does NOT mean excusing his behavior. i will always have fond memories of him but i cannot & WILL not excuse his behavior as of late. i have been a fan since i was 3 years old so (good god) that means 36 years! i lived thru the lean years & i'm in friggin ILLINOIS people - bear country...hellOOOO???!!!??? i remember when majic got hurt & i thought "oh no" he was our BEST shot at getting to the super bowl! and who the hell is this FAVRE kid anyway??? still makes me laugh when i think about that game. i was a packer fan WAY before favre & i will DIE a packer fan.

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
loyalty to favre does NOT mean excusing his behavior. i will always have fond memories of him but i cannot & WILL not excuse his behavior as of late. i have been a fan since i was 3 years old so (good god) that means 36 years! i lived thru the lean years & i'm in friggin ILLINOIS people - bear country...hellOOOO???!!!??? i remember when majic got hurt & i thought "oh no" he was our BEST shot at getting to the super bowl! and who the hell is this FAVRE kid anyway??? still makes me laugh when i think about that game. i was a packer fan WAY before favre & i will DIE a packer fan.

Here here! :tables:

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
The second interview.

The comment/opinion by Brett about Arron... Saying he can only prove himself by proving himself on the field,

He said that? While he demands to start and not give that opportunity to Aaron by demanding that he is handed his hat, and takes the field next year.

I have lost MOST OF MY RESPECT. (Note the definition MOST OF MY RESPECT.)

*SNIP*

For the love of god, how many "I Hate Brett Favre" threads does this forum really need? :roll:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
The second interview.

The comment/opinion by Brett about Arron... Saying he can only prove himself by proving himself on the field,

He said that? While he demands to start and not give that opportunity to Aaron by demanding that he is handed his hat, and takes the field next year.

I have lost MOST OF MY RESPECT. (Note the definition MOST OF MY RESPECT.)

*SNIP*

For the love of god, how many "I Hate Brett Favre" threads does this forum really need? :roll:

Elsewhere. Go there.

Brockington

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ElleBlue said:
de_real_deal said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:

This is not ONE mistake.

He is trying to return to his team to play football.

Ted Thompson is preventing him from doing that.

How is that possibly Favre's fault? I don't understand how that makes Favre the bad guy here. The bad guy is Ted Thompson.

The "we have moved on" excuse is lame, imo.

Big Ben quote:

"If Brett Favre wants to do it (come back), you gotta let him do it. He's Brett Favre.."

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of posters on this forum seem to have taken enjoyment in ripping Brett for his pressured decision to retire, and the media crap that has continued the last couple of weeks.

Funny thing is you hear from the guys who actually play the game and 95% of them want Brett to play again.

I think I will listen to the men who actually know what they are talking about.

TT has put Aaron Rogers in a no win situation, and is to proud and stubborn to admit it and correct the problem.

I hope AR steps right in and keeps the winning going without missing a beat, but the odds are he is going to struggle, with TT's refusal to address this problem with Brett, struggling is not an option.

WAKE UP TT, THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT NOW, TIME TO EARN YOUR MONEY.

EITHER REINSTATE BF OR RELEASE HIM!!!!!!

PackerFreak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
ElleBlue said:
de_real_deal said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:

This is not ONE mistake.

How is that possibly Favre's fault? I don't understand how that makes Favre the bad guy here. The bad guy is Ted Thompson.

The "we have moved on" excuse is lame, imo.

Big Ben quote:

"If Brett Favre wants to do it (come back), you gotta let him do it. He's Brett Favre.."
I agree Broc. And this crap about we are looking to the future drives me crazy too. The future should be winning a SB next season and Brett is gonna give you a better run.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Big Ben quote:

"If Brett Favre wants to do it (come back), you gotta let him do it. He's a sell out.."

IS HE? turns out he is trying to return to the Vikings to play football. the Vikings... thats right one of our most hated rivals ever... and he chooses them.

How is that possible TT's fault? I dont understand how that makes TT the bad guy here. The bad guy is Brett Favre.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of posters on this forum seem to have taken enjoyment in ripping Brett for his pressured decision to retire, and the media crap that has continued the last couple of weeks.

Funny thing is you hear from the guys who actually play the game and 95% of them want Brett to play again.

I think I will listen to the men who actually know what they are talking about.

TT has put Aaron Rogers in a no win situation, and is to proud and stubborn to admit it and correct the problem.

I hope AR steps right in and keeps the winning going without missing a beat, but the odds are he is going to struggle, with TT's refusal to address this problem with Brett, struggling is not an option.

WAKE UP TT, THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT NOW, TIME TO EARN YOUR MONEY.

EITHER REINSTATE BF OR RELEASE HIM!!!!!!

There's an embellished made up stat if I ever seen on.

Ted earns his money. You see it when the boys take the field, and guess what, a lot of the success the team had isn't all Favre, unless he was catching his passes, blocking for himself, running the ball himself, and played all 11 defensive positions on one of the best defenses in the NFC.

Thompson won't let him go to the NFC North(vikings, see tampering thread), so he won't release him. Shut up about the release. Shut your ****** ***** mouth, he won't do it. Shut up.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
This is not ONE mistake.

OK. Fine.

Here's where a major problem is.
I, and I know most fans don't not "like" Favre for all this. Heck, i still love the guy. But that doesn't give him carte blanche to do whatever he wants, reguardless of what it does to the Packers. Is he a great player? Heck yes! But HE himself put HIMSELF in this situation. No one forced him to retire, unretire, retire, and now supposedly unretire again. In his interview, i STILL don't get the impression that he's made up his mind. I think he just wants to be able to play IF he finally truely decides he wants to. He admitted he's not willing to come in and compete for the starting job. I believe when asked if he would be willing his reply was "Why?" Does that sound like a guy thats willing to accept that HE messed up by retiring, and he's being given the opportunity to work to regain a job that he willingly gave up? Doesn't sound like it to me. He's ticked cause he told TT "To have a plan if he decides he wants to come back".......like TT should have TWO plans in place, one IF his fickle QB decides he wants to play. And with the flip flops by Favre, i wouldn't have worked that hard myself on a "maybe". Especially since Favre pulled the rug out from him a few weeks after the initial retirement press conference, when he first hinted he wanted to come back.
Fan blind loyalty can't be an excuse to allow a player to act like that and not hold them accountable.
TT has no emotional connection to all this, as we fans do. It's his JOB to do whats best for the Green Bay Packers.
I don't hate Favre, and I doubt i ever will. But i can disagree with how he's handled this, throwing the Packers under the bus, all on a bunch of "maybe's" that he still can't decide on.
I love him.......but disagree with him.
I think thats possible to do.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
de_real_deal said:
digsthepack said:
Oh, I don't know....from day one Brett and his mouthpieces have been saying that TT didn't give him enough hugs...you know, the whole "disrespect" thing.

Does Brett mention or take ownership for the fact that TT and MM had a jet chartered to fly down and formalize his return, only to have Brett back out, again.

Or how about his "give me my helmet or give me my release" statement. Really level headed and constructive, Brett.

Basically, you are chastising the Packers organization for taking their time to make a decision of historic proportion, which is something this team has afforded Brett for going on 5 years now. Kinda one-sided in your logic.

Read it again. That might help. If you have a problem with reading comprehension, get a smart person to interpret it for you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How should he own up to the mistake? By going back into retirement and saying "im sorry for thinking about playing again" ?

The guy has already said in his interview countless times that he understands they want to move on. He isn't blaming anyone on this and that he knows he is at fault. He says he is fine with them wanting to move on but dont stop him from playing ever again.

That sounds like someone who is owning up to the consequences which followed his retirement decision. What else does Brett need to do to make YOU happy digsthepack? Does he need to send you and everyone else a letter of apology because he feels like playing again?

He has a contract for 3 more years. Pay him, play him, trade him or release him. He has never come out and said its TT's fault, its McCarthy's fault, its the fans fault, its managements fault. Show me, show me where he has said that.

best post ever!!!

I'll second that. Favre wants to come back. The man has every right to want to come back. If they don't want him as a starter, release him, and let the cards fall where they may. People here are saying Favre doesn't want to suffer any consequences. Well TT and Company are not willing to suffer any consequences either, nor are they willing to take any risks of Favre going to another team and becoming a threat.

I agree Elle, we are all suppose to be Packer fans and we all want whats best for the team. Isnt that having a winning season? A tough QB? I cannot believe either that the Packers are in fear of having Brett play some where in the NFC North, why? If they fear him doesnt that mean he is still a great QB? And the Packers are going to trade/release him? What makes sense here? I am sure all his team mates would welcome Favre back, they want to win, they dont put in all this work in the off season to NOT want to win. They know with having Favre back there chances just went up alot. Anyways I think down the road all you Rodgers fans will eat their words and say "I wished we would have brought Favre back" then it was to late.

I would be a Rodgers supporter and would back him 100% if I knew that Favre did no longer want to play. Again I want to have a winning season. All Brett did was change his mind that is it and most of you are condemning the man.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Elle, we are all suppose to be Packer fans and we all want whats best for the team. Isnt that having a winning season? A tough QB? I cannot believe either that the Packers are in fear of having Brett play some where in the NFC North, why? If they fear him doesnt that mean he is still a great QB? And the Packers are going to trade/release him? What makes sense here? I am sure all his team mates would welcome Favre back, they want to win, they dont put in all this work in the off season to NOT want to win. They know with having Favre back there chances just went up alot. Anyways I think down the road all you Rodgers fans will eat their words and say "I wished we would have brought Favre back" then it was to late.

I would be a Rodgers supporter and would back him 100% if I knew that Favre did no longer want to play. Again I want to have a winning season. All Brett did was change his mind that is it and most of you are condemning the man.

Favre no longer wants to play..... in Green Bay. He wants to play in Minnesota.

And our front office isn't scared of what Brett can do in the division on the field. the front office doesn't want the one guy who knows every wrinkle, every audible, every nuance, every winked eye, EVERYTHING about this offense. Do you really think its smart to send the guy who knows EVERYTHING about your team to one of your most hated rivals and a team you play at least 2 times a year.

Come on guys...get past the personal. It's just stupid to send your entire playbook to the bad guys before the season even starts. Brett knows how MM coaches... you don't think the Vikings DC wouldn't have him in a room stealing every signal, every play call EVERYTHING from us.???

Favre looked at Minnesota and thought the grass was greener/purpler... and he sold us down the river to get there.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heather......you know i love you........but Favre isn't willing to come in and compete to get his job back, which he willingly gave up. I would have loved to see him shut up, come back, and do so. But now i feel it's too late either way. He has made WAY too many bad comments about the Packers MGMT to be allowed back in my view. How committed would he be here after hearing him rip them? He has burned the bridge to ashes.
Now me, being a Packer fan, i hope Rodgers lights up the NFL and turns out to be great.
As far as some wanting the Packers to just release Favre, as has been stated MANY times already, thats poor business sense. We are fans. We have no real stake in this. TT and MM......these are their JOBS. They have to look at this in how it will help or hurt that Packers. Thats the way i would WANT them to do business deals, not by emotions.
I just hope all this drama ends soon. It's causing WAY to many bad feelings all around.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ElleBlue said:
umair said:
de_real_deal said:
digsthepack said:

best post ever!!!

Yes, if the fear of Favre is there, then obviously he is not washed up as a QB. Yet they are worrying about having him start and upsetting A Rod (I wouldn't blame A Rod for getting POed, but Favre has a lot more invested and he IS a proven QB).

Yes, it will take a few years to get the team back into the finely tuned machine it was with Favre. Does the Pack want a Superbowl in 08 or not? They'll have a better chance than Favre. It also seems to me they are more worried about upsetting someone who's been the backup, than they are about upsetting the veteran player, who gave his all.

Favre no longer wants to play..... in Green Bay. He wants to play in Minnesota.

And our front office isn't scared of what Brett can do in the division on the field. the front office doesn't want the one guy who knows every wrinkle, every audible, every nuance, every winked eye, EVERYTHING about this offense. Do you really think its smart to send the guy who knows EVERYTHING about your team to one of your most hated rivals and a team you play at least 2 times a year.

Come on guys...get past the personal. It's just stupid to send your entire playbook to the bad guys before the season even starts. Brett knows how MM coaches... you don't think the Vikings DC wouldn't have him in a room stealing every signal, every play call EVERYTHING from us.???

Favre looked at Minnesota and thought the grass was greener/purpler... and he sold us down the river to get there.

Packnic, Favre was only looking at Minnesota, because the Packer made it obvious they don't want him. Not so much because the grass is purpler (love that line, BTW. That was funny). He started looking when he realized TT and Company no longer want him. He just wants to play at this point.

Latest posts