There Is No Reason To Admire Brett Any Longer.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The second interview.

The comment/opinion by Brett about Arron... Saying he can only prove himself by proving himself on the field,

He said that? While he demands to start and not give that opportunity to Aaron by demanding that he is handed his hat, and takes the field next year.

I have lost MOST OF MY RESPECT. (Note the definition MOST OF MY RESPECT.)

I will admire Brett for what he has done. I will cherish him for what he has done. I shall not cherish him for what he ended up as.

To me... Brett will be the Richard Nixon of my presidential respect.

To me... Brett will be the Tanya Harding of my Olympic athlete respect.

All three of them had me believing in them, from what I have read or seen based on what they accomplished had done.

All three ended up as a huge disappointment and fraud. But I loved what they did when they we doing it.

I have just lost all respect. That does not take away from what they accomplished.

:pop:

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets not pretend for a second that you respected Tanya Harding. lol

on the topic, i didn't see anything that Brett said in regards to Rodgers that was heinous at all.

heinous? really arrow?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
The second interview.

The comment/opinion by Brett about Arron... Saying he can only prove himself by proving himself on the field,

He said that? While he demands to start and not give that opportunity to Aaron by demanding that he is handed his hat, and takes the field next year.

I will admire Brett for what he has done. I will cherish him for what he has done. I shall not cherish him for what he ended up as.

All three of them had me believing in them, from what I have read or seen based on what they accomplished had done.

All three ended up as a huge disappointment and fraud. But I loved what they did when they we doing it.

I have just lost all respect. That does not take away from what they accomplished.

Favre hasnt ended his career yet, so you cant say you have lost all respect for what he ended up as.

To me if Favre does not play this year, I will ALWAYS respect this man til the very end. How can someone say such bad things about a man who is a legend just because he changed his mind about retiring and wanting to play football something that he continues to love doing. YES he made a mistake and retired to soon this is all hes guilty of and if the packers do not want him back then release or trade him and let another team and their fans marvel at his abilities. I for one will always watch him, hes human just like the rest of us.

Raider I enjoy all your posts, but for someone to have made a mistake you surely turn on them pretty quickly.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fine...he made a mistake. Now own up to it Brett! This is where he lost me and many others....that and the fact he is outwardly blaming everyone but himself for this situation, and doing so with a scorched earth mentality.

Dude has changed/added to his story as it evolves, the Packers, however, have provided a very clear and consistent timeline of the many conversations that occurred, and Brett's backing away from his open armed return, prior to Brett throwing his little tantrum.

Worship him all you want, this man as you call him, who is such a man as to have the media and family do his dirty work because he apparently does not possess the inclination, or the spine, to do so himself. This guy has been in "cover my ***" mode from the start, using his popularity with fans to hopefully insulate himself from the fact that he is clearly the problem in this matter.

Drink that Kool-Aid.

Reaction score
The thing that really got me to lose respect for Favre was all the BS he used his family to spew.

Be a man Brett, don't have your brother or good ol' mom giving interviews to get your perspective out there.

You have problems, fine. You feel disrespected, fine. Be straight up and tell your side of the story yourself.

On a similar note, if you really are talking/thinking about a comeback, be straight up or don't say a word. Don't message the Biloxi Sun saying "it's all rumour" when that's clearly a lie.

I always overlooked Brett's yearly "to retire or not retire, that is the question" saga, but it should have been blatantly obvious Brett wouldn't leave the game gracefully.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fine...he made a mistake. Now own up to it Brett! This is where he lost me and many others....that and the fact he is outwardly blaming everyone but himself for this situation, and doing so with a scorched earth mentality.

How should he own up to the mistake? By going back into retirement and saying "im sorry for thinking about playing again" ?

The guy has already said in his interview countless times that he understands they want to move on. He isn't blaming anyone on this and that he knows he is at fault. He says he is fine with them wanting to move on but dont stop him from playing ever again.

That sounds like someone who is owning up to the consequences which followed his retirement decision. What else does Brett need to do to make YOU happy digsthepack? Does he need to send you and everyone else a letter of apology because he feels like playing again?

He has a contract for 3 more years. Pay him, play him, trade him or release him. He has never come out and said its TT's fault, its McCarthy's fault, its the fans fault, its managements fault. Show me, show me where he has said that.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, DRD....my love for the Packers is as strong as ever. My respect for Brett Favre is what has diminished. If he and the team can work something out, fine. If not, fine. It is that simple!

Oooohhhh....don't eat Brett's line of crap and you, too, are a fair-weather fan!! You crack me up.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, DRD....my love for the Packers is as strong as ever. My respect for Brett Favre is what has diminished. If he and the team can work something out, fine. If not, fine. It is that simple!

Oooohhhh....don't eat Brett's line of crap and you, too, are a fair-weather fan!! You crack me up.

im only a fair weather fan because of how they are disrespecting Brett. I was as happy as eager as ever to see the packers do well this year until all this started. Mgmt. needs to rectify this situation before i support their team. Your blind cult like faith cracks me up.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Raider I enjoy all your posts, but for someone to have made a mistake you surely turn on them pretty quickly.

Its called being a fair weather fan

No, THIS is a fair weather fan:

de_real_deal said:
See how big that smile is big boy when your Fackers go 5-11 next year.

de_real_deal said:
You guys are in for a rude awakening. Your ******* GM and team of mediocre players will win 5 - 7 games max this year.

Definition of a fair weather fan:

de_real_deal said:
Anyway, back to my point. I'll probably root for whatever team Favre is on in his last year or two. I'll still root for the packers but not as strongly. After Favre hangs em up, who knows.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, I don't know....from day one Brett and his mouthpieces have been saying that TT didn't give him enough hugs...you know, the whole "disrespect" thing.

Does Brett mention or take ownership for the fact that TT and MM had a jet chartered to fly down and formalize his return, only to have Brett back out, again.

Or how about his "give me my helmet or give me my release" statement. Really level headed and constructive, Brett.

The list grows daily, with about the same frequency as Brett's story changing.

Basically, you are chastising the Packers organization for taking their time to make a decision of historic proportion, which is something this team has afforded Brett for going on 5 years now. Kinda one-sided in your logic.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:

de_real_deal said:

de_real_deal said:
You guys are in for a rude awakening. Your ******* GM and team of mediocre players will win 5 - 7 games max this year.

de_real_deal said:
Anyway, back to my point. I'll probably root for whatever team Favre is on in his last year or two. I'll still root for the packers but not as strongly. After Favre hangs em up, who knows.

DAMN

Just damn, Ironman.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:

de_real_deal said:

de_real_deal said:

de_real_deal said:

I like how you show my comments but you dont show the comments i was reacting to.

Thats to be expected from you Adolph Thompson followers.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, I don't know....from day one Brett and his mouthpieces have been saying that TT didn't give him enough hugs...you know, the whole "disrespect" thing.

Does Brett mention or take ownership for the fact that TT and MM had a jet chartered to fly down and formalize his return, only to have Brett back out, again.

Or how about his "give me my helmet or give me my release" statement. Really level headed and constructive, Brett.

Basically, you are chastising the Packers organization for taking their time to make a decision of historic proportion, which is something this team has afforded Brett for going on 5 years now. Kinda one-sided in your logic.

Read it again. That might help. If you have a problem with reading comprehension, get a smart person to interpret it for you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How should he own up to the mistake? By going back into retirement and saying "im sorry for thinking about playing again" ?

The guy has already said in his interview countless times that he understands they want to move on. He isn't blaming anyone on this and that he knows he is at fault. He says he is fine with them wanting to move on but dont stop him from playing ever again.

That sounds like someone who is owning up to the consequences which followed his retirement decision. What else does Brett need to do to make YOU happy digsthepack? Does he need to send you and everyone else a letter of apology because he feels like playing again?

He has a contract for 3 more years. Pay him, play him, trade him or release him. He has never come out and said its TT's fault, its McCarthy's fault, its the fans fault, its managements fault. Show me, show me where he has said that.

BrettFavre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packer organization should have avoided this fiasco by letting the second best QB in the league return to his proper place. Can you imagine if they released Brett and the fragile Rodgers gets injured?
There are too many egos involved but Favre is the Packers.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
The Packer organization should have avoided this fiasco by letting the second best QB in the league return to his proper place.

To that, I pose the question, why not just come back an take it, Brett.. speak about egos.. that is a two way street in this little ruse.

Brett would have the media, the fans, the experience on his side.. why not just come back and take it on the field instead of in the press.

Either:

A) You just want out of Green Bay, most likely because you disagree with Ted the GM.

B) You see your QB morality hanging on line.

C) EGO.

Which is it.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You may wish to re-read the interview transcript where he broadsides TT with the whole, " I don't know if I can trust Ted" comments.

I need no letter of apology, but it sure seems you want one from Mgmt. Brett is free and clear to do and go where he and the team decide, if that is the route it goes.

And having Bus Cook push the Packers for release, when they have afforded him ample time for years. Seems kinda one sided.

No, his actions and words tell me he is not owning up to the consequences of his decision(s). He is in PR mode.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You may wish to re-read the interview transcript where he broadsides TT with the whole, " I don't know if I can trust Ted" comments.

I need no letter of apology, but it sure seems you want one from Mgmt. Brett is free and clear to do and go where he and the team decide, if that is the route it goes.

And having Bus Cook push the Packers for release, when they have afforded him ample time for years. Seems kinda one sided.

No, his actions and words tell me he is not owning up to the consequences of his decision(s). He is in PR mode.
Yet Favre said this whole wanting back, like Allabout said "On a similar note, if you really are talking/thinking about a comeback, be straight up or don't say a word. Don't message the Biloxi Sun saying "it's all rumour" when that's clearly a lie."
Hmmm....so he's pissed that supposedly TT lied to him....yet it's fine when HE lies. Nice double standard there.
But wait......depending on what day it was......it just might have BEEN true....at the time. You know, just how Favre keeps flip flopping.
I STILL don't get the impression that Favre is committed to play ANYWHERE. I think he just wants his release, so he can jerk some other team around.
I know.........i'm getting tired of this soap opera......it's wearing on me.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

Read it again. That might help. If you have a problem with reading comprehension, get a smart person to interpret it for you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

best post ever!!!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:

de_real_deal said:

de_real_deal said:

de_real_deal said:

R.I.P. D_R_D

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
The second interview.

Favre hasnt ended his career yet, so you cant say you have lost all respect for what he ended up as.

To me if Favre does not play this year, I will ALWAYS respect this man til the very end. How can someone say such bad things about a man who is a legend just because he changed his mind about retiring and wanting to play football something that he continues to love doing. YES he made a mistake and retired to soon this is all hes guilty of and if the packers do not want him back then release or trade him and let another team and their fans marvel at his abilities. I for one will always watch him, hes human just like the rest of us.

I agree with Heather here.

What Harding did and what Favre is doing aren't even in the same ballpark. Nobody's being knee capped here, just Favre being dumb.

Athletes do dumb things. They're athletes, not rocket scientists.

I enjoy the game because it's exciting to watch from an intellectual perspective. You get to see the Coach move players around like chess pieces, taking advantage of his team's strengths and trying to hide his team's weaknesses.

As for individual athletes, I can't imagine almost anyone in any sport doing the job I do, just like I can't do what they do. They entertain us. Brett Favre has entertained me for 16 years and has done a marvelous job at it. Because of that, I will always admire Brett Favre unless he does something drastically evil. What he is doing is not evil, it is dumb. HUGE difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts