The Packers Do Retire Jersey #s, Right?!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The Cowboys and Raiders don't retire numbers, but you'll probably never see anyone use #12 or #22, or #8 out of respect, but then again I don't know about that. Jerry Jones like a total idiot thought Dez Bryant was worthy enough to wear #88 that belonged to both Drew Pearson, and Michael Irvin, and in clutch moments Bryant is a total failure when compared to the two before him.

The Raiders did retire Jemarcus Russell's number, when Terell Pryor wanted to wear it, they told him no, so yeah that number is officially retired LOL while they don't retire Kenny Stabler, Marcus Allen, or Tim Brown's numbers

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can have only a 53 man roster.
Which means, including 0 and 00, it gives them 48 more numbers to go before anyone would have to worry about not retiring or re-issuing a retired number.

They say that time heals all wounds.
I guess for some, those wounds from the knife that BrINT put in the backs of fans, are very deep.
Will they be healed even after A-Rod wins another SB for us?

It would do alot if Arod asked the packer fans to forgive him. Not sure where they are personally, but I know they dont speak.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would do alot if Arod asked the packer fans to forgive him. Not sure where they are personally, but I know they dont speak.
BTW, I agree with you Ivo.
I don't think #4 should be retired either from the reasons you gave and also because I think asking for a king of interceptions to be honored is asking a lot.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
You gotta retire #4, One of the best QB's ever to play the game. You will never see a QB like him again. Get in Sapp's face, run down field to make a block on a 200+ pound player, pickup receivers on his shoulders. One of a kind. He just let his pride and ego get away from him and flew to close to the sun the last couple of years. He will kiss and make up with the fans eventually. He will never have the same squeaky clean godlike status he would have had though.

If Arron continues on the path he is on plays 15 or so years and brings us another two, three or four Lombardi's his number will be gone and Arod will be a god.

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're looking at this from the myopic fan's perspective.
The real question is: Would another Packer ever WANT to wear #4?
Majkowski wanted another number other than #5 after his rookie year because of the association with Hornung.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cowboys and Raiders don't retire numbers, but you'll probably never see anyone use #12 or #22, or #8 out of respect, but then again I don't know about that. Jerry Jones like a total idiot thought Dez Bryant was worthy enough to wear #88 that belonged to both Drew Pearson, and Michael Irvin, and in clutch moments Bryant is a total failure when compared to the two before him.

The Raiders did retire Jemarcus Russell's number, when Terell Pryor wanted to wear it, they told him no, so yeah that number is officially retired LOL while they don't retire Kenny Stabler, Marcus Allen, or Tim Brown's numbers

dont jump the gun on dez bryant just yet, I am not saying he is michael irvin special but he is very very good. I forgot who but I believe jason witten said he has the best hands of any player he has ever played with, take that with a grain of salt. I watched dez play at oklahoma state and I have seen very few players that had his ability to catch everything that came their way.

L

Lunchboxer

Would DD get his Jersey retired. He has the most receiving yards in Franchise history.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Would DD get his Jersey retired. He has the most receiving yards in Franchise history.

Doubt it, DD is an era's legend. If you think of the retired numbers they inspire greatness. DD did great things, but how many other records does he hold, you don't see Lofton's number retired.

14 The legendary Don Hutson, he held SOOOOOO many records, he would beat whole teams in some stats.
92 Reggie White, look at some of his high lights and then recognize that is usually his average day.
15 Bart Starr He has lead the Packers to two Super Bowls and won, had an EXCELLENT playoff record
66 Ray Nitschke, the guy had a high power motor was unforgiving and had a defense named after him.
3 Tony Canadeo was a versatile guy but was one of our greatest running backs.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can have only a 53 man roster.
Which means, including 0 and 00, it gives them 48 more numbers to go before anyone would have to worry about not retiring or re-issuing a retired number.[\quote]

Psst...
During training camp they have as many as 85 players on a roster. Perhaps the league would allow the Packers to play preseason games with players wearing letters or symbols on their jerseys...

In addition, I don't believe the NFL allows a zero or double zero number any longer.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, trying to reply on an Ipad and its ******** me up...

Psst...
During training camp they have as many as 85 players on a roster. Perhaps the league would allow the Packers to play preseason games with players wearing letters or symbols on their jerseys...

In addition, I don't believe the NFL allows a zero or double zero number any longer.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
dont jump the gun on dez bryant just yet, I am not saying he is michael irvin special but he is very very good. I forgot who but I believe jason witten said he has the best hands of any player he has ever played with, take that with a grain of salt. I watched dez play at oklahoma state and I have seen very few players that had his ability to catch everything that came their way.

I'm not completely sold on him, but so far it's the attitude I don't like of his.
He is good, but in moments I've seen him screw up.
I just don't think he should be wearing that number. Now he's going to live in the shadow of the possibly two greatest receivers Dallas ever had. That's like what if Crabtree was wearing Jerry Rice's number for the 49ers? EVERY SINGLE TIME he would screw up, he would be taking mass heat from fans. But well i don't know about that, they sure do make every excuse for Alex Smith. Not even Steve Young got the benefit of so many excuses when they would lose, and Young turned out to become of the best.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score

Psst...

And it is confirmed players in the preseason can't wear retired numbers, it has happened though.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Psst...

Thanx for clearing that up because I was sure I didn't write all that!

Latest posts