The Packers coaching staff vs the Patriots coaching staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welp. You saw the difference on full display last night smh. Packers go into the locker room at halftime down 24-0 , and precedes to get whooped 44-21 giving up 20 more points in the second half.. and allowing first down after first down.

The Patriots go into halftime down 21-3 but come out in the second half and hold ATL to 7 points in the second half. The leagues most explosive offense...all while controlling the clock in the process. Julio Jones had a career day against the single coverage that Capers continued to allow on the leagues best Wr while BB and Staff bracketed JJ who made some tough catches but had a quiet night nonetheless. Tom Brady was off rythem the first half so what did Mcdaniels and BB do? Oh they just threw more short timing routes and dunked and dunked their way down the field while keeping Ryan on the sidelines and resting the defense. MM and Co. still called long developing crossing and deep routes getting Rodgers absolutely plastered on a couple. We couldn't get to Ryan with a four man rush and neither could NE in the first half..so what MT and BB did was use delayed blitzes from the backers and took some of the fatties of the field and were willing to give up some running yards vs getting picked apart..much like we did. It all worked out in the end for the Patsies. Meanwhile we are still stuck with a staff who can't adjust in game to save their lives. We are not the Patriots of the NFC. We are just the Packers who manage to make the playoffs and get beat.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welp. You saw the difference on full display last night smh. Packers go into the locker room at halftime down 24-0 , and precedes to get whooped 44-21 giving up 20 more points in the second half.. and allowing first down after first down.

The Patriots go into halftime down 21-3 but come out in the second half and hold ATL to 7 points in the second half. The leagues most explosive offense...all while controlling the clock in the process. Julio Jones had a career day against the single coverage that Capers continued to allow on the leagues best Wr while BB and Staff bracketed JJ who made some tough catches but had a quiet night nonetheless. Tom Brady was off rythem the first half so what did Mcdaniels and BB do? Oh they just threw more short timing routes and dunked and dunked their way down the field while keeping Ryan on the sidelines and resting the defense. MM and Co. still called long developing crossing and deep routes getting Rodgers absolutely plastered on a couple. We couldn't get to Ryan with a four man rush and neither could NE in the first half..so what MT and BB did was use delayed blitzes from the backers and took some of the fatties of the field and were willing to give up some running yards vs getting picked apart..much like we did. It all worked out in the end for the Patsies. Meanwhile we are still stuck with a staff who can't adjust in game to save their lives. We are not the Patriots of the NFC. We are just the Packers who manage to make the playoffs and get beat.

First of all, whatever adjustments the Packers made offensively vs the Falcons worked considering they scored three second half TDs.

Secondly, the talent on the Pats defense and the Packers defense isn't even comparable. Comparing the games like it was just a coaching difference doesn't make sense. Highly doubt the Pats would have slowed down Ryan with Gunter and company instead.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, whatever adjustments the Packers made offensively vs the Falcons worked considering they scored three second half TDs.

Secondly, the talent on the Pats defense and the Packers defense isn't even comparable. Comparing the games like it was just a coaching difference doesn't make sense. Highly doubt the Pats would have slowed down Ryan with Gunter and company instead.

As to your 1st part- I'm sure the score being 31-0 had nothing to do with it. Garbage time doesn't equal effective.
To your 2nd part- That would be on your boy Teddy.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As to your 1st part- I'm sure the score being 31-0 had nothing to do with it. Garbage time doesn't equal effective.
To your 2nd part- That would be on your boy Teddy.

Now that I think about it, the offense was actually effective for most of the game, but limited by player mistakes.

It's not on the coaching staff Rip fumbled, Crosby missed, and Linsley whiffed multiple blocks.

I know the lack of talent is on TT. That doesn't change the fact the defensive coaching staff was put in a very tough spot.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, the offense was actually effective for most of the game, but limited by player mistakes.

It's not on the coaching staff Rip fumbled, Crosby missed, and Linsley whiffed multiple blocks.

I know the lack of talent is on TT. That doesn't change the fact the defensive coaching staff was put in a very tough spot.

While I see your points, Carl, how many years of being unable to work out of tough spots does this staff get?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I see your points, Carl, how many years of being unable to work out of tough spots does this staff get?

I dont know. Not defending the defensive staff as a whole.

I just don't see how any defensive coordinator could have made up for the talent gap at Atlanta.

mongoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quite similarities with the pats and green bay vs falcons game. From lack of performance by the offense, and the strip fumble, poor defense. Etc.

No excuses but if our team was healthy and more talent in secondary who knows the outcome.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quite similarities with the pats and green bay vs falcons game. From lack of performance by the offense, and the strip fumble, poor defense. Etc.

No excuses but if our team was healthy and more talent in secondary who knows the outcome.

Health, talent, etc, etc- they still would have lost.
As Tommy Joe Crutcher once said about 'if's'...
"If a frog had wings, it wouldn't whomp it's *** every time it jumped."

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) Patriots defensive players are better than the Packers.
2) Atlanta players and coaches got a case of the stupids in the second half. Packers weren't so lucky.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"We are not the Patriots of the NFC. We are just the Packers who manage to make the playoffs and get beat."

Uh, the Packers shouldn't have made the playoffs this year given that they were 4-6. They pulled it together, went on a run and won eight straight including 2 playoffs games, one of which was against the top seed in the conference.

31 teams failed to win the Super Bowl this year. Only one of those teams got closer than the Packers.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"We are not the Patriots of the NFC. We are just the Packers who manage to make the playoffs and get beat."

Uh, the Packers shouldn't have made the playoffs this year given that they were 4-6. They pulled it together, went on a run and won eight straight including 2 playoffs games, one of which was against the top seed in the conference.

31 teams failed to win the Super Bowl this year. Only one of those teams got closer than the Packers.

Whoopee.
Having to go on a tear to get in the playoffs in a mediocre conference isn't a ringing endorsement for greatness.
This conference was ripe for the taking; this team wasn't good enough to take it.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The fans how many of those 31 other teams felt they had a very good chance of doing it at the start of the season? Always back to expectations. The Pack is now the proud owner of the 'most consecutive playoffs with being in the SB' record.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Health, talent, etc, etc- they still would have lost.
As Tommy Joe Crutcher once said about 'if's'...
"If a frog had wings, it wouldn't whomp it's *** every time it jumped."

i suppose teams are just predetermined to perform as expected each year no matter the circumstances. hence falcons was supposed to choke as well?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i suppose teams are just predetermined to perform as expected each year no matter the circumstances. hence falcons was supposed to choke as well?

I lost something in the above as it related to the post it quoted, but taking it at face value - no, teams obviously don't perform as expected, or the Packers would have additional SBs.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our staff has the injury excuse they drag out every year. We must be the only team that has em. Our front office and coaches are second rate. We trot Arod out there every year with a 3rd rate defense and expect we can compete for the title. We draft higher then the Pats every year, yet look at our defense compared to theirs, pathetic. Hell we haven't had a middle LB since Lombardi.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I lost something in the above as it related to the post it quoted, but taking it at face value - no, teams obviously don't perform as expected, or the Packers would have additional SBs.

I wish. :)

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM can't hold BB's jockstrap. If the Packers had BB as coach in that Seattle game....we have a good shot of winning the SB.

BB is a better GM than TT.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM, 2 HOF QB's, 1 SB appearance. If we had a single owner, he's gone.

D

Deleted member 6794

I woukd want to figure out what the coaching staff would be capable of doing while having a general manager using all available methods to upgrade the roster first.

MM, 2 HOF QB's, 1 SB appearance. If we had a single owner, he's gone.

McCarthy and Capers have been dealt a roster lacking talent, especially on defense, way too often to blame them for the team's shortcomings.

Sky King

Reaction score
It's possible that the 2010 season may have been the anomaly. Personally, I believe the team has plateaued with TT in charge. This may be as good as it gets for a one-trick pony (that he clearly prefers to be).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts