The inability to stop the run is becoming a huge problem.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That and the amount of penalties.

Really a all around ****** performance.

On edit.

Last three games.

Dal - 217 - 6.2ave
TB - 178 - 4.3ave
Al - 176 - 4.8ave

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Penalties are a problem. MM keeps preaching "we need to fix it" but the players dont respond to that. they need to be fined or cut. Go ahead and flame me. I don't care.

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree IronMan...this team demonstrates NO discipline whatsoever, and don't respond well. Fined is a good start. Benched is another if they can't do their job. But I essentially agree...they're not stopping the run, and they're giving up HUGE plays. We're also HORRIBLE on Special Teams. that 54 yd run back after the TD didn't help either. SOMEBODY needs to be called to task for how bad this team has been....losing 3 in a row is inexcusable. Rodgers didn't help with the INT...but I'm glad he played...he looked decent OTHER than that pick late.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Brett Favre controversy may have had us overlooking the area for which Ted Thompson might be justly faulted for his offseason decision: Doing nothing to upgrade the defense to championship level.
The Packers defense was good last season but it showed in the championship game loss to the Giants it wasn't on their par or on the level of those that win Super Bowls.
Brandon Chillar was the only addition in free agency this year and he's not even starting. The Packers drafted only 2 defensive players: cb Patrick Lee & de Jeremy Thompson; but they're not having any impact yet.
That lack of address left the Packers on thin ice when injuries took out Al Harris, Atari Bigby & Cullen Jenkins and Justin Harrell let down again.
And looking at all the breakdowns and confusion that seems to reign in the secondary, it may be time to ask again what is d'backs coach Kurt Schottenheimer doing to help the team?

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have noticed that late in the game, the defense just looks gassed. They can't finish. It's one of the things that have cost us games...not finishing on defense.

Aaron Rodgers is fine...he's made a couple mistakes...but not as many as the rest of the team. The defense is the REAL weakness of this team...NOT the offense.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
it's called ball control...lack of a running game is taking a toll on the team. is this the same game with Jenkins and Harris on defense...NO . Injuries are a big factor.

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can't get any pressure on the QB, It's pathetic, NO SACKS againest the falcons. That D line has to set the tempo for the rest of the D and they are not doing it.

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most any GOOD team in the NFL with a plethora of injuries hampers their ability to win games, but that's still no excuse either. You're on an NFL team for a reason. When one of the starters go down, you HAVE to be ready to play and step it up.

There's a LOT of holes and deficencies on this team that NEED to be addressed...and soon.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer4ever said:
They can't get any pressure on the QB, It's pathetic, NO SACKS againest the falcons. That D line has to set the tempo for the rest of the D and they are not doing it.

I was wondering why Bob Sanders didn't dial up a few blitzes to put some extra pressure on a rookie qb on the road. They just sat back and waited to react and hoped it would be enough.
Maybe we need to give the defense a name:Vanilla Fudge.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wizard 87 said:
just plain vanilla

Naw, we need the Fudge in it. It's soft and unaggressive but they also hesitate, miscommunicate, play dumb. That's the "fudge" factor.

wizard 87

Reaction score
not a QB issue at all Rodgers is playing lights out. Can Favre play laying on his back and under constant pressure..watch Jets vs Chargers for the answer.

hybriddragonfly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he may be playing lights out in your opinion , didnt see that today cause in the end we lost, if he was playing lights out we would be winning the fning games..... he lacks the factor of leadership this team is lacking dearly

IMO favre provided that and that is something rogers wont have for along time

btw his injuries dont worry you at all?

wizard 87

Reaction score
again...Favre and Rodgers don't play defense..special teams and offensive line. Favre had his moments here throwing crap int's late in the game...see Packers vs Giants NFC Championship game.
It is defense,special teams and O-line that our the issues on this team....well there are a few coaching issues in the mix. If your A Favre fan then you would know that Brett had concerns about all of the above too. See my new thread coming soon.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me watching the tivo after the fact helps. Nick Barnett is missing alot of tackles he would have made last year. Last year he played with instinct and reacted. This year with that mic in his helmet he seems to be over thinking things. I say we need to find another player let nick do his thing

PackerFan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the love of God...STOP with the Favre analogies...it's not like he himself has been spectacular this year either, you know. Oh, but I get it...he gets a free pass because he's in a new system. Aaron's first year as a starter, and he gets the brunt of the crap. Look...Aaron is leading this team FINE. As mentioned above and in countless OTHER posts: It's the DEFENSE, the O-LINE and the RUNNING GAME that have underperformed this year. The running game was okay today...could've been better...but it was a step in the right direction. The D was giving up HUGE plays, and NOT tackling anybody. The O-Line isn't opening up holes for Grant, and, as of the last couple weeks, NOT given Rodgers much protection in the pocket. It's kind of hard for Rodgers when he's gotta throw 9 times out of 10 because we can't establish a running game. It makes us predictable as an offense. Rodgers, despite pain in that shoulder, had a decent game DESPITE the one pick. As bad as that was, it was the defense NOT stopping Turner and allowing big plays that cost us this game today. That, and coming out in the first half and playing about as uninspired, undisciplined, and as flat as can be.

This team practically leads the league in penalties. There HAS to be accountability, and it's NOT all on Aaron Rodgers. Blame the coaches and the players AROUND him. He's been playing his butt off. Sure, he's made some mistakes, but it's the team AROUND him that sucks. If they don't start playing like t hey WANT it...this team will NOT win another game.

We're 5 weeeks into the season....let Favre go...move on.

GBstock

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually he has been spectacular. He leads the NFL in passing a quarter of the way through the season....with a brand new offense. Having said that...I don't think Rogers is the biggest problem on this team. We are just not that talented.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers isn't the only one to blame I agree. But don't give me this crap that he's playing at some unbelievable level and the rest of the team is at fault. I don't believe we were losing the games last year when we didn't have a running game.
He's playing good, but not good enough to win. I thought that his running ability was supposed to be the x factor and win games for us that favre couldn't. It looks to me that he's been figured out. His numbers yesterday were inflated just like the Dallas game. 2 drives in garbage time.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
angryguy77 said:
Rodgers isn't the only one to blame I agree. But don't give me this crap that he's playing at some unbelievable level and the rest of the team is at fault. I don't believe we were losing the games last year when we didn't have a running game.
He's playing good, but not good enough to win. I thought that his running ability was supposed to be the x factor and win games for us that favre couldn't. It looks to me that he's been figured out. His numbers yesterday were inflated just like the Dallas game. 2 drives in garbage time.

I say once bigby come sin that should help ALOT

pillywright

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does our defense know it's not preseason any more? Does Ryan Grant? I can't tell. Maybe that's what TT can do--remind everyone that the season has started. I'm sure that will work...

sundown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerFan4 said:
I have noticed that late in the game, the defense just looks gassed. They can't finish. It's one of the things that have cost us games...not finishing on defense.

Aaron Rodgers is fine...he's made a couple mistakes...but not as many as the rest of the team. The defense is the REAL weakness of this team...NOT the offense.
Agreed , although the Packers are not running the ball very well and that may be part of the reason that the D looks gassed late in the game, they are on the field a lot and that is a problem, still the Packers are putting up enough points to win save for the Dallas game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
sundown said:
PackerFan4 said:

Agreed , although the Packers are not running the ball very well and that may be part of the reason that the D looks gassed late in the game, they are on the field a lot and that is a problem, still the Packers are putting up enough points to win save for the Dallas game.

finally 2 posts that make sense and are based on fact and not emotion