Thank You 49ers!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I'm afraid Detroit might win next sunday, but as long as we win too, I am OK.

Do not let them catch up with us, ever this year. We are gonna win the division, not them...

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
On the other hand, I don't like wanting other teams to do our dirty work. It would have been a lot better if both teams were undefeated and we beat them ourselves Thanksgiving day.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly - I do not want to see the Packers going undefeated. The reason why? The hype that would surround it. A couple of losses just shows the team is human. That year the Patriots almost did it made me want to puke. It is better to see teams lose their swagger just a little bit, because it seems to build character. Im fine with 12-4 or 13-3. I think this team is better than 11-5.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I want to see us go undefeated, make it to next season undefeated. Its a possiblitiy, and I don't think the Packers are happy where they are. Finley will still be chewed out for not making those catches, along with any other receiver. I think this years Packers are on the quest to be the best, and expect it of themselves to WIN IT ALL!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly - I do not want to see the Packers going undefeated. The reason why? The hype that would surround it. A couple of losses just shows the team is human. That year the Patriots almost did it made me want to puke. It is better to see teams lose their swagger just a little bit, because it seems to build character. Im fine with 12-4 or 13-3. I think this team is better than 11-5.
The Packers has a different over all energy compared to the Pats.
It feels more homegrown and somehow they manage to stay somewhat out of the spotlight even when the light shines brightly on them.
They can keep it real and they don't need losses to do that.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont like the hype that would come along with getting to be 9-0 10-0. Im sure the undefeated watch will be on every pre game show every week as long as we are the only remaining undefeated team, happens every year. That being said I can't think of anyone that I am overly afraid of the spotlight getting to their heads. GO PACK

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont like the hype that would come along with getting to be 9-0 10-0. Im sure the undefeated watch will be on every pre game show every week as long as we are the only remaining undefeated team, happens every year. That being said I can't think of anyone that I am overly afraid of the spotlight getting to their heads. GO PACK
We need all the hype we can get for publicity for Lambeau.
You know how it is with all those empty seats and how easy it is to get a season ticket every day of the year.
:rolleyes:

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
From here on in we're going to get a high increase in media attention being the only undefeated team left. I hope it doesn't get to the players' heads. We need to stay focused. We can't sleep on anybody

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Would you not like to go undefeated in a 5-year old foot race tourney? Because that's what the Packers are... Men amongst 5 year olds.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Big Mac will keep this team grounded and focused. They don't play in New York or Dallas or Boston. They Play and live in Green Bay Wisconsin. Not alot of distractions. They Play one game at a time and they only focus on the game at hand. Which is exactly why I think we have a very good chance at going undefeated. If we don't, we don't. But won't it be special if we do. I'll pay twice as much to be at the opener next year.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I was jumping around like we had just one a playoff game when the Niners scored. Wouldn't have caught me dead doing that 30 year ago. I hated the Niners as much as Dallas. As a matter of fact it is my belief that the recent growth of Steelers decals out here are from former Niners fans.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
People argue the Patriots deserved to go undefeated and lose the Super Bowl.

If you ask me, is going undefeated really worth it?

The 49ers probably could have done it back in 1984, and were just a fieldgoal away from going undefeated. But even winning 15 games they had complete control of home field advantage in the playoffs.

That's all that matters. Getting the #1 seed in the playoffs.

It's called "Running the table". If we can win 3 playoff games on the road to make it to the Super Bowl, just imagine the power this team could have calling the shots with their own fans screaming and shouting for them. That's why the Jets go to 2 back to back AFC Championship games and lose. They can't handle it on the road like we did last season. The Vikings didn't have homefield for the NFC Championship in 2009, and even though they managed to keep the game so close even with turning the ball over 6 times, still they did not have the edge.

That's all I want, is homefield advantage, the #1 seed.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno if this packers team will go undefeated (They might). But i will tell you one important thing that this packers team has that the pats didn't.... this team has A LOT of weapons.

The pats were basically brady/moss/welker and thats it. Shut down one or the other, and the pats are finished.

The packers on the other hand are so diverse in talent it is ridiculous. Lets not forget they also have mr.rodgers

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
It would be ironic if the Packers went 19-0 in the same place where the Colts coaches/management turned down the shot at it.

TBH I actually picked the Giants to beat the Pats in the SB and won a few bucks on it thanks to everyone I know picking the Pats, I wanted to be different and I hated the mathups for the Pats in that game heading in. I thought it was wishful thinking but it was just a strong gut feeling leading up to the game I could not deny. I felt almost like the Giants were in the position of the 01 Pats and the Pats the 01 Rams. Deja vu. I honestly could not stand that Patriots team. They seemed cocky to me and started the year with spygate.

I think these Packers are pretty likable though and won't have the media attention a team like the Pats/Jets/Giants/Eagles would/will get if they keep winning every week.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I dunno if this packers team will go undefeated (They might). But i will tell you one important thing that this packers team has that the pats didn't.... this team has A LOT of weapons.

The pats were basically brady/moss/welker and thats it. Shut down one or the other, and the pats are finished.

The packers on the other hand are so diverse in talent it is ridiculous. Lets not forget they also have mr.rodgers

Agree. They were a bit of a one trick pony in NE that year, or a two trick pony.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People argue the Patriots deserved to go undefeated and lose the Super Bowl.

If you ask me, is going undefeated really worth it?

The 49ers probably could have done it back in 1984, and were just a fieldgoal away from going undefeated. But even winning 15 games they had complete control of home field advantage in the playoffs.

That's all that matters. Getting the #1 seed in the playoffs.

It's called "Running the table". If we can win 3 playoff games on the road to make it to the Super Bowl, just imagine the power this team could have calling the shots with their own fans screaming and shouting for them. That's why the Jets go to 2 back to back AFC Championship games and lose. They can't handle it on the road like we did last season. The Vikings didn't have homefield for the NFC Championship in 2009, and even though they managed to keep the game so close even with turning the ball over 6 times, still they did not have the edge.

That's all I want, is homefield advantage, the #1 seed.
Agreed.
While I'll take 19-0 I'll take the next best thing if that doesn't happen.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be ironic if the Packers went 19-0 in the same place where the Colts coaches/management turned down the shot at it.

TBH I actually picked the Giants to beat the Pats in the SB and won a few bucks on it thanks to everyone I know picking the Pats, I wanted to be different and I hated the mathups for the Pats in that game heading in. I thought it was wishful thinking but it was just a strong gut feeling leading up to the game I could not deny. I felt almost like the Giants were in the position of the 01 Pats and the Pats the 01 Rams. Deja vu. I honestly could not stand that Patriots team. They seemed cocky to me and started the year with spygate.

I think these Packers are pretty likable though and won't have the media attention a team like the Pats/Jets/Giants/Eagles would/will get if they keep winning every week.
Yeah, I know what you mean.

Right after the Packers loss to the Giants, the Giants showed they wanted it more and I had a feeling they would win it all.
Just like the 2010 Packers.