Tebow Better Than Rodgers In Espn's Qbr

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it matters who had come up with this.
I think the reason why this is hated is because Tebow is ranked above Rodgers which seems wonky because Rodgers had a better game.
Completed more passes.
Won the game.
Threw for more touchdowns or longer ones.
Etc etc.

Even though it's not a conspiracy, it just seems like ESPN came up with a way to reach and find a way to rank Rodgers lower.

At the end of the day, this ESPN ranking thing doesn't amount to a hill of beans. It's not going to be noticed in official NFL record books. And Rodgers won and is better, way better than Tebow.
That's all that should really matter.
I'm done with this thread because it's now irrelevant to me.

oh christ man, that is the most asinine argument I've heard. BIG FREAKING DEAL that Tebow got a higher QBR for ONE game than Rodgers who has had the highest QBR all year.

Don't get me wrong, Tebow as a QB is as overrated as Vick, Russell and Leaf. He was a wasted 1st round pick for the Broncos. It's just silly to think that ESPN has it out for Rodgers, particuarly when everyone knows it's against anyone but FOR the East Coast teams like the Yankees and Pats

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Dumpoff Passes, Screens and QB Draws from Shotgun. That's Tim Tebow in a nutshell. He sucks and to even mention him in the same sentence as Rodgers is an insult to an honest thinking person

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't be surprised at all if Timmy Tbag "wins" again this week.
He can never do any wrong in ESPN's eyes.

With all the hype and bromance for him, I feel like I fell asleep and woke up and the SB was played and won by Denver.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I won't be surprised at all if Timmy Tbag "wins" again this week.
He can never do any wrong in ESPN's eyes.

With all the hype and bromance for him, I feel like I fell asleep and woke up and the SB was played and won by Denver.
FF, I would like to present you with the "Best Off-Handed Nickname Giver" award. You crack me up.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Tebow plays like a 3rd string quarterback,wait that's why he was one right?

I swear, if ESPN didn't hype him up for years in college, we wouldn't be talking about him. He is the most overrated quarterback ever. You'll never see a quarterback not complete 50% of his passes and get pampered like he's the MVP. ESPN should rename their Broncos talk to "Tebow Talk" cause they sit there and just kiss his *** so much, I'm surprised they aren't wearing lip stick, when they talk Tebow Tebow Tebow, yet don't give any credit to quarterbacks like Fitzpatrick whom is kicking *** this year, or hey what about Andy Dalton? He complete more passes than Tebow! It's pretty sad that when you think about it, we have a league of some excellent young passers that get ignored by an overrated poster boy with a massive idiotic fan base that thinks this kid is god, because of all the quarterbacks in the league that are playing awesome, Tebow is the only one they want to see be good. They didn't even give Andy Dalton a chance, and he's playing much better than the golden child of the mainstream media of sports.

You know, Drew Brees threw more 5 touchdowns with only 4 incomplete passes last night, yet you don't hear a word about that from ESPN nor did you hear how great Rodgers played yesterday, it's ZOMFG Tebow so the minions will continue to buy his jerseys and pump the hype even worse.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I can't wrap my head around how a guy like Tebow on a team like Denver is so obsessively followed, analyzed and worshipped like he is. They had like a 20 minute segment of his "miracle day" @ Miami today on Sportscenter. Like it was some kind of impressive performance. Miami hasn't won a home game in forever and they are in the Suck for Luck sweepstakes.

I'm sure Tebow is a great person, but this incessant nuthugging by the media is making me despise him. He's a mediocre QB and will never be anything beyond that.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tebow plays like a 3rd string quarterback,wait that's why he was one right?

I swear, if ESPN didn't hype him up for years in college, we wouldn't be talking about him. He is the most overrated quarterback ever. You'll never see a quarterback not complete 50% of his passes and get pampered like he's the MVP. ESPN should rename their Broncos talk to "Tebow Talk" cause they sit there and just kiss his *** so much, I'm surprised they aren't wearing lip stick, when they talk Tebow Tebow Tebow, yet don't give any credit to quarterbacks like Fitzpatrick whom is kicking *** this year, or hey what about Andy Dalton? He complete more passes than Tebow! It's pretty sad that when you think about it, we have a league of some excellent young passers that get ignored by an overrated poster boy with a massive idiotic fan base that thinks this kid is god, because of all the quarterbacks in the league that are playing awesome, Tebow is the only one they want to see be good. They didn't even give Andy Dalton a chance, and he's playing much better than the golden child of the mainstream media of sports.

You know, Drew Brees threw more 5 touchdowns with only 4 incomplete passes last night, yet you don't hear a word about that from ESPN nor did you hear how great Rodgers played yesterday, it's ZOMFG Tebow so the minions will continue to buy his jerseys and pump the hype even worse.
Chris Ponder played pretty damn well.
I thought we were in trouble on his opening drive.
But he lost. So no cookies for him.
If Timmy Tbag loses? I have a feeling that he will gets the whole jar because it won't be his fault.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Chris Ponder played pretty damn well.
I thought we were in trouble on his opening drive.
But he lost. So no cookies for him.
If Timmy Tbag loses? I have a feeling that he will gets the whole jar because it won't be his fault.

Totally agree, also Ponder was trying to throw the ball where most of Tebow's problems are he still thinks this is Florida where you snap the ball and try to break a run. Cam Newton learned you have to let that stunt man stuff go, but not Tebow. And when he throws, you can't tell me he is an accurate passer, he is downright horrible. he plays like a 3rd string quarterback. Had Orton played that game, they'd probably had it won going into the 4th quarter.

Christian Ponder had 2 TD's, and 200+ yards, yet they don't talk about that. Tebow finishes with a BELOW 50% in completions, and that's all they talk about is how "great" he is. Just when I was getting a joy out of seeing Detroit lose, it reminded me how much I have hated Denver the last 17 years when I seen that Tebow has to go up against Nick Fairley and Suh next week lol

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
according to espns qbr chad henne is the 10th best qb this season and Matt Schaub was better on Sunday than Aaron Rodgers was.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally agree, also Ponder was trying to throw the ball where most of Tebow's problems are he still thinks this is Florida where you snap the ball and try to break a run. Cam Newton learned you have to let that stunt man stuff go, but not Tebow. And when he throws, you can't tell me he is an accurate passer, he is downright horrible. he plays like a 3rd string quarterback. Had Orton played that game, they'd probably had it won going into the 4th quarter.

Christian Ponder had 2 TD's, and 200+ yards, yet they don't talk about that. Tebow finishes with a BELOW 50% in completions, and that's all they talk about is how "great" he is. Just when I was getting a joy out of seeing Detroit lose, it reminded me how much I have hated Denver the last 17 years when I seen that Tebow has to go up against Nick Fairley and Suh next week lol
Bogart: Both of us have bees in our fedoras on this Tim Tbag guy....

Sports media needs to see how Tbag can do against the better teams before acting like he wins the Super Bowl.
Yes, I agree that he is overrated.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
What about Andy Dalton?

I liked him in college last year, was absolutely disappointed that he got drafted by a terrible team like the Bengals, but so far I have been really impressed by him. He gets no praise what so ever, while Tebow gets it all. That's what kills me. Look at Dalton's numbers, and he's bound to improve over the years and keep getting better. Now that is a kid they need to be praising.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
What about Andy Dalton?

I liked him in college last year, was absolutely disappointed that he got drafted by a terrible team like the Bengals, but so far I have been really impressed by him. He gets no praise what so ever, while Tebow gets it all. That's what kills me. Look at Dalton's numbers, and he's bound to improve over the years and keep getting better. Now that is a kid they need to be praising.

Exactly praise a quarterback that is actually producing numbers for his team and not getting a once in a lifetime win off luck, even Cam Newton is doing a better job for his team then Tim Tebow. My statement "TIM TEBOW IS THE MOST OVERRATED QUARTERBACK IN THE NFL" will not change until Tim Tebow shows me that he can be a starting quarterback, make good throws and mot of all win games.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Exactly praise a quarterback that is actually producing numbers for his team and not getting a once in a lifetime win off luck, even Cam Newton is doing a better job for his team then Tim Tebow. My statement "TIM TEBOW IS THE MOST OVERRATED QUARTERBACK IN THE NFL" will not change until Tim Tebow shows me that he can be a starting quarterback, make good throws and mot of all win games.

Let me help you out pal, it's TIM TEBOW IS THE MOST OVERRATED QUARTERBACK IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL.

Now I'll drink to that, cause we all know it's the truth!

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Let me help you out pal, it's TIM TEBOW IS THE MOST OVERRATED QUARTERBACK IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL.

Now I'll drink to that, cause we all know it's the truth!

I was alright with Tim Tebow in college.... now I absolutely can't stand him, Better then Rodgers?! that's the biggest BS I've heard all season.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I was alright with Tim Tebow in college.... now I absolutely can't stand him, Better then Rodgers?! that's the biggest BS I've heard all season.

Most the time good players in college don't mean they are going to be awesome in the pro's, but ESPN don't think like that, they'd rather pump up hype (LeBron James, Tiger Woods) so it didn't surprise me with Tebow, but it has gotten to the point where you'd think all the hype was dead by now due to his poor playing. But what they did was they created a MASSIVE fan following to sit there and make excuses for him.

I'm an Alabama fan, and I wouldn't have took a million dollars the day Tebow was crying his eyes out in the SEC Championship. That still hasn't got old!

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Most the time good players in college don't mean they are going to be awesome in the pro's, but ESPN don't think like that, they'd rather pump up hype (LeBron James, Tiger Woods) so it didn't surprise me with Tebow, but it has gotten to the point where you'd think all the hype was dead by now due to his poor playing. But what they did was they created a MASSIVE fan following to sit there and make excuses for him.

I'm an Alabama fan, and I wouldn't have took a million dollars the day Tebow was crying his eyes out in the SEC Championship. That still hasn't got old!

Cam Newton as had a lot of hype surrounding him coming out of college but at least his playing good football but of course no one talks about him.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Cam Newton as had a lot of hype surrounding him coming out of college but at least his playing good football but of course no one talks about him.

I know, it's because his name is not Tebow.

I heard an excuse on another Sports site, that Newton had Warren Moon mentoring him and Tebow didn't have anything. But the worth ethic is big. Tebow is a nice kid, that's all he has on him. Newton does work hard, and yeah he does benefit having one of the best QB's of all time patting him on the back, but I don't think there would be a difference with Tebow. Warren Moon did have legs, but he was a scrambling quarterback. I think he helped Newton a lot in deciding not to run but to throw. Tebow still thinks this is college where you can run and not throw and win.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I know, it's because his name is not Tebow.

I heard an excuse on another Sports site, that Newton had Warren Moon mentoring him and Tebow didn't have anything. But the worth ethic is big. Tebow is a nice kid, that's all he has on him. Newton does work hard, and yeah he does benefit having one of the best QB's of all time patting him on the back, but I don't think there would be a difference with Tebow. Warren Moon did have legs, but he was a scrambling quarterback. I think he helped Newton a lot in deciding not to run but to throw. Tebow still thinks this is college where you can run and not throw and win.

That is such a stupid excuse! I'm sure if Cam Newton didn't have Warren Moon as his mentor he would STILL be a better quarterback then Tim Tebow. The fact remain that Tim Tebow is not a good NFL quarterback people need to accept that he was a bust and move on to a better quarterback.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I get the feeling Bogart is not too fond of Tebow?

I don't mind the kid, really. He has a ton to work on though. But, the AFC is desperate for a new star, they want it to be Tebow.

Have to admit, he is entertaining to watch. He pretty much runs around aimlessly at times in circles and does the same thing aimlessly throwing at times. You know he is trying though at least. His throws are really ugly. And when he talks I often feel he sounds like he is out of breath. He is a total riot to me.

And these QB rankings by ESPN are pretty irrelevant to me.

Imagine if Tebow beats the Lions? They might give Denver a bye right into the Super Bowl with just 2 wins.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I get the feeling Bogart is not too fond of Tebow?

I don't mind the kid, really. He has a ton to work on though. But, the AFC is desperate for a new star, they want it to be Tebow.

Have to admit, he is entertaining to watch. He pretty much runs around aimlessly at times in circles and does the same thing aimlessly throwing at times. You know he is trying though at least. His throws are really ugly. And when he talks I often feel he sounds like he is out of breath. He is a total riot to me.

And these QB rankings by ESPN are pretty irrelevant to me.

Imagine if Tebow beats the Lions? They might give Denver a bye right into the Super Bowl with just 2 wins.

I don't like Tebow either, he has so much hype around him but like you said he throws really ugly passes, one win does not make you better the Aaron Rodgers these Broncos fans and sport casters are insane!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I don't like Tebow either, he has so much hype around him but like you said he throws really ugly passes, one win does not make you better the Aaron Rodgers these Broncos fans and sport casters are insane!

If only someday Aaron Rodgers becomes half the man/player Tim Tebow is then the Packers can finally start something special.

j/k

Members online