Studs n duds vs Niners

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fantastic. We have another HoF regular season QB who learned how to choke in big playoff games from the best. Great job kicking your team in the nuts after they got a 3 n out and put you in position to demoralize the nines and silence th3e crowd..
Fire Bissaccia and tell him to take his kicker with him.

Gary got paid and disappointed when we needed him the most.
Did Wicks play in this game?

Tomorrow's headline news.

THE PACKERS FOUND A WAY TO LOSE TO THE NINERS IN 4RTH QUARTER YET AGEIN
If you pay attention to Gary the past month, he seemed to have played with very little intensity. Yesterday, he pass rush was anemic at best. He way too often just took a lame outside pass rush with little change of direction. Either he's hurt and isn’t telling anybody or he's loafing. The red zone debacle came down to a combination of an O line getting manhandled on short yardage and poor play calling. Same old Packers. They choke in playoff games due to poor coaching and a roster that is soft and undersized.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BINGO!!! ...and there it is. In a concise nutshell.
Disagree. The Packers made the same stupid mistakes when they had a veteren team with Rodgers.It comes down to poor coaching and a roster that gets pushed around on the LOS. The kicker was a complete debacle but any competent coach could see that train wreck coming for the past 6 weeks. Shame on them for nor making a change. Instead of admitting a mistake, they put their own egos over what's best for the team and kept Carlson even when it was apparent he could end the season.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
We need better olb pass rushers. Could've really used a sack or two tonight by Gary or Van Ness. They were both top half of the first round draft picks. Is it unreasonable to expect some production in a big game? Realistically, the defense is a mess. Upgrades are needed everywhere.

Packers got 1 sack (Preston and Gary)

The 49'ers vaunted defense got ZERO sacks.

Time for the Niners to upgrade their DL and fire their DC!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Fantastic. We have another HoF regular season QB who learned how to choke in big playoff games from the best. Great job kicking your team in the nuts after they got a 3 n out and put you in position to demoralize the nines and silence th3e crowd..
Fire Bissaccia and tell him to take his kicker with him.

Gary got paid and disappointed when we needed him the most.
Did Wicks play in this game?

Tomorrow's headline news.

THE PACKERS FOUND A WAY TO LOSE TO THE NINERS IN 4RTH QUARTER YET AGEIN

This is what I call an over reaction to a loss.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers got 1 sack (Preston and Gary)

The 49'ers vaunted defense got ZERO sacks.

Time for the Niners to upgrade their DL and fire their DC!
I think Preston and Clark got credited for the 1 sack. The 9ers have a top 5 defense in nearly every category. The Packers not so much. I'd trade Steve Wilkes for Joe Barry in a heartbeat.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Packers should’ve stole this game. I think we were a 2-3 point underdog, but we were winning by 4 with 2:00 left.
Packers were 10 or 10 1/2 point underdogs, depending on your source.

I understand peoples frustrations with a close loss, but what was everyone expecting? A very young team played the #1 Seed and lost by 3 points in their house.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think Preston and Clark got credited for the 1 sack. The 9ers have a top 5 defense in nearly every category. The Packers not so much. I'd trade Steve Wilkes for Joe Barry in a heartbeat.
Thanks for the correction, you are correct, it was Clark and not Gary that got credited with the other half of the sack.

So if you were a 49'er fan, your thoughts on how their defense played and why they played the way that they did?

You and several other posters seem super disappointed in the Packer Defense, just trying to put the puzzle pieces together.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the correction, you are correct, it was Clark and not Gary that got credited with the other half of the sack.

So if you were a 49'er fan, your thoughts on how their defense played and why they played the way that they did?

You and several other posters seem super disappointed in the Packer Defe

nse, just trying to put the puzzle pieces together.
While the SF defensive line didn't pressure Love consistently, they sure demolished the Packers O line in short yardage. Now contrast that with the Packers front 7 that crumbled in the second half both in the run and pass game. I would give the Packers D line a D plus for the game and SF a C plus. The 9ers D line hasn't played as well this year as years past. They've been average against the run.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: O-line, Aaron Jones, Nixon

Duds: MLF (getting pass-happy, ignoring run, AGAIN), Joe Barry (another failure to hold a lead at end-of-game); Jordan (end-of-game pick). Savage for dropping a Pick6.

What a fun game, though. Yeah, our team lost. But, I was entertained. And, this whole season has been a blast. Good on the players and coaches who battled through injuries, distractions, and fan criticism (some warranted; some over-the-top).

I don't put stock in people who say "it's just like last year(s)" team.
This is a completely different team than prior years.
We said this was a 6-9 win season. And, in a lot of cases, 9 wins doesn't get you a playoff game.
This team EARNED TWO playoff games.

I'm proud of this group of players and coaches as a unit. Some will need to go.
But, this was a special year, even if it ended on a down note, just like 30 other teams' seasons end.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
18 of 32 teams were sitting at home when the playoffs began, as where their fan bases. This weekend, there were 8 teams still playing. Hard not to be proud of the Packers for being 1 of those 8. Given that many, myself included, were probably expecting them to finish in the bottom 8 when the season started.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The over reaction to this loss is hysterical. This was a huge learning experience for these kids and I really believe they’ll be better for it. We are a spoiled spoiled fan base. Yes it was exciting, yes it was stressful and yes it was a let down. But with all that considered, this was a 6-7 win team by many and look what they did. Youngest team in the league. First year starting QB, rookie kicker, and a substandard DC. Dry your eyes, put on your tampons and look forward to an incredible future. I for one am.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Duds: Packer fans that only seek out the negatives and come here to vent.

JFC people some of you sound like the Packers just completed an 0-17 Season!
Most of the season people have come here to vent not just now, this one has extra venting because, it hurt, every thing looked like finally we got this 9er monkey off our back and then this letdown happened again, it won’t be the last time people vent here everyone I have seen on these post do it, if the outcome had been a W this wouldn’t be a post

Reaction score
We need better olb pass rushers. Could've really used a sack or two tonight by Gary or Van Ness. They were both top half of the first round draft picks. Is it unreasonable to expect some production in a big game? Realistically, the defense is a mess. Upgrades are needed everywhere.
See I thought overall we had a decent amount of pressure. Wooden, Smith, Campbell, Gary and Clark all combined for 6 QB hits and 1 Sack.

Keep in mind the footing was poor and neither team was effective in getting to the QB. We couldn’t see it as good on camera, but it rained most of the night and at times it was a medium heavy rain.

Also the 49ers are a very fast flowing Offense with good pass blockers. Combine a good OL with poor footing and you shouldn’t expect many Sacks. That can be seen across both Defenses.

49ers had A total of 0 Sacks and 6 QB Hits, which was 1 less than GB. I doubt you’d call for Kinlaw, Bosa, Armstead, Warner and Chase Young to be demoted

Last edited:

jdizz81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs jones Jaire Clark wilson. This team playing for a shot at nfc title game. The L hurts no matter the expectations any loss in the playoffs is gonna hurt hands down, but we took the class of nfc to the wire on the road with all pro LT and a qb accounting for ridiculous amount of cap space dead cap money. We will be in this position for years to come. Coming into the season we didn’t know that.
Duds savage Carlson Watson red zone offense we kicked enough and missed the most important field goal just enough to get beat. Left points on the field in a three point loss.

This team is still growing we got some invaluable playoff experience, the loss is hard no doubt about it, my wife was in tears at the end. From 3-6 to where we ended is amazing. Moving forward I really hope we move on from Barry I like the guy but we need a more aggressive play style to beat these type of teams. Have to find a way to keep Jones and get a rb to compliment him. Cap situation will be better can’t wait to see where this team goes. Go pack go

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One more stud: everyone who came back at Niners dirty tactics.

When SF got down early they immediately started to try to intimidate our guys by trying to pick fights (and the refs were fine with it BTW) but the kids didn't back down and put it right back in their ****ing faces.

Whoosh23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe a 24 hour cool down period before all the uplifting, bright future, sky is the limit comments can be displayed. We just lost a game that we should have won which would have put us very close to the Super Bowl. It could be years before the Pack is in that position again. So, since some of us are still pissed and were playing to win, 24 hours? Then, start handing out the participation trophies and lollipops ad nauseam.

Members online