Steelers = THIEVES!!

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Exactly. Wait until they start having to listen to that sort of thing all the damned time. It'll get old real quick. "Those teams that didn't exist didn't have a chance to compete!"

It's pretty pathetic to want to have the most championships so badly that you're willing to lie to yourself (and everybody else) to make it "true".

Ugh.

P.S. And by the way, I can't find a photo of Bart Starr wearing a leather helmet anywhere. /snark

You know me - I'm an AFC guy. I tend to pay more attention to the history of the old AFL teams than I do the old pre-merger NFL teams, but I honestly have to wonder how much Steeler fans know about their own damned team?

They started back in the 30s, in the days of "leather helmets" etc. in the old NFL. Funny how, during all that time they won exactly ZERO NFL championships between then and the merger.

The only reason they are in the AFC now is because of the merger re-alignment where they got paid a few million bucks to join the AFC during the merger with a few of the other old NFL teams.

They had their chance to win NFL Championships for nearly 40 years in the pre-merger league - and won none. Nada. Zilch.

My own team's history only goes from 1960, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna badmouth the achievements of teams that existed prior to my own just because we didn't get to play back then.

I've often thought that most Steeler fans ignore the history of any team that is not the Steelers, but I find that it also seems like they ignore the history of their own team, too. :Heristical:

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The actual "LEAGUE" started in the 70s,you guys can have your championships that were played out on dirt fields with leather helmets with sub par competition.When are you guys going to learn,nobody really cares about non SB championships.FYI-I gave you guys props on those championships in other posts,but you guys keep ******* us calling us stoolers and other $hit.Wont find this classlessness on steelerfever,unless there is a ratbird(raven)invasion but that should be different!

So, in the unlikely event, the NFL merged with the CFL and both league's champions competed with each other in a sort of NFL vs. CFL championship, would nobody care about those 6 Super Bowls as well?

NFL Standings: Division
Just click on year and scroll all the way back 1920
IF the competetion was so sub-par then why didnt the Steelers win at least 1?

The Decatur Staleys suck. If you know what I mean. :D

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Did you come up with that one all by yourself?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sorry, I just had to. I mean c'mon, Pittsburgh Stealers ... really?

I did! See, all I did was change one letter in the name Steelers, and it fit the topic of the thread!

Pretty funny, right?

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
So, in the unlikely event, the NFL merged with the CFL and both league's champions competed with each other in a sort of NFL vs. CFL championship, would nobody care about those 6 Super Bowls as well?

The Decatur Staleys suck. If you know what I mean. :D

I want a smiley that says that! LMAO

Burgh Splat Lambert

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. Wait until they start having to listen to that sort of thing all the damned time. It'll get old real quick. "Those teams that didn't exist didn't have a chance to compete!"

It's pretty pathetic to want to have the most championships so badly that you're willing to lie to yourself (and everybody else) to make it "true".

Ugh.

P.S. And by the way, I can't find a photo of Bart Starr wearing a leather helmet anywhere. /snark
I do recognize and admire GB for there accomplishments since day one, but true parity in the league didn't start until the mid sixty's or so , shortly after the merger. Before that time period, you had a handful of powerhouse teams that won the championships year after year.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I do recognize and admire GB for there accomplishments since day one, but true parity in the league didn't start until the mid sixty's or so , shortly after the merger. Before that time period, you had a handful of powerhouse teams that won the championships year after year.

Well, then let's break it down further. Steroid era of the 70s. Can't count that. Free Agency, Salary Cap, etc.

That would leave the Steelers with only 2 SBs that count.

Then, various other rule changes, style changes, etc... So maybe none of the previous Steeler SBs count. We could do this all day! What fun would that be? Woohoo!

LombardiChick

Reaction score

And somehow, tiny Green Bay, Wisconsin got it done.

Who would have thought?

Burgh Splat Lambert

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know me - I'm an AFC guy. I tend to pay more attention to the history of the old AFL teams than I do the old pre-merger NFL teams, but I honestly have to wonder how much Steeler fans know about their own damned team?

They started back in the 30s, in the days of "leather helmets" etc. in the old NFL. Funny how, during all that time they won exactly ZERO NFL championships between then and the merger.

The only reason they are in the AFC now is because of the merger re-alignment where they got paid a few million bucks to join the AFC during the merger with a few of the other old NFL teams.

They had their chance to win NFL Championships for nearly 40 years in the pre-merger league - and won none. Nada. Zilch.

My own team's history only goes from 1960, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna badmouth the achievements of teams that existed prior to my own just because we didn't get to play back then.

I've often thought that most Steeler fans ignore the history of any team that is not the Steelers, but I find that it also seems like they ignore the history of their own team, too. :Heristical:
You obviously don't know Steeler fans very well.:tease:

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
You obviously don't know Steeler fans very well.:tease:

I shouldn't lump all Steeler fans into one group, so allow me to at least clarify that part. But I've interacted with enough over the years (seems like we play you guys every damned year) online to form an opinion of a ood many. :happy0005:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For a Stealers fan to come to a Packers board and to claim and argue that the Packers 12 championships don't matter is just plain stupid.
Hey Stealers fans, I have a bridge in Brooklyn and some ocean front property in Arizona to sell just for you.
Cheap.

I don't get it.
You claim to have respect for the Packers and their organization, yet show disrespect when it comes to the champ. numbers.
I suppose those Stealers fans that do so, just want to be in denial and to think their team is better than the Pack when it comes to championship wins, which is not the case.

The Stealers suck with their only 6 wins while the Packers are and always will be super awesome compared to the Stealers with their 12.
End of discussion, case closed, period.

Stillernation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the most stupid comment I've ever seen bar none.

YOUR TEAM WAS FOUND IN 1933!!!!! Pittsburgh Steelers | Tradition of Excellence

So what the hell are you talking about? "It didn't count back then". So just because your team spent 40 years as LOSERS it doesn't count? Give me a ******* break.

You know what? Except for the last 2, the other 4 SBs you guys have didn't count! There weren't 32 teams, there weren't 16 games, the rules were completely different!
The AFL/NFL merger was in 1970 to CREATE the league as we currently know it!Yes some rules have changed but most of the CORE remains the same since then.Im not saying what happened before 1970 did not matter,it does to some.Sorry,not a stupid comment,just being real.The Packers have 3 Super Bowl titles!(SEE PIC BELOW!)

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
The AFL/NFL merger was in 1970 to CREATE the league as we currently know it!Yes some rules have changed but most of the CORE remains the same since then.Im not saying what happened before 1970 did not matter,it does to some.Sorry,not a stupid comment,just being real.The Packers have 3 Super Bowl titles!(SEE PIC BELOW!)

Doesn't really matter - you were part of the same league as the Packers, and have been since 1933. 12 NFL Championships for the Packers, 6 for the Steelers. What's so hard to understand about that?

Stillernation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL.....You said it all,there WERE 2 different leagues,how is that comparable?I think it great that the Pack has 12 championships in other leagues,its also great that they have 3 Super Bowl wins,there are teams that wish they had 1.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
LOL.....You said it all,there WERE 2 different leagues,how is that comparable?I think it great that the Pack has 12 championships in other leagues,its also great that they have 3 Super Bowl wins,there are teams that wish they had 1.

The Super Bowl is the championship game of the National Football League - just a different era of the SAME DAMNED LEAGUE.

The NFL. National Football League. Same league it was then, as it is now. Just a different era. The merger(s) (there were more than one) didn't create a new, entirely different league. It's the same league.

:moil:

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter - you were part of the same league as the Packers, and have been since 1933. 12 NFL Championships for the Packers, 6 for the Steelers. What's so hard to understand about that?

Things I've learned recently:

1. Meaningful championships start when our opponents say they do, and not one day before.

2. Vince Lombardi was an irrelevant old man who didn't accomplish squat (well, except those two games that I actually even saw a Steelers fan refuse to recognize). (Since nothing pre-merger means a damned thing, I guess that's what logically follows, right?)

3. We aren't fit to shine the Steelers' helmets, and once Aaron Rodgers gets taken out on a stretcher, that FACT will be obvious to everyone.

God, please help me make it through this week. I can't believe the stuff I'm seeing from some of these people.

Stillernation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is it the "SAME DAMNED LEAGUE" if many of the teams did not even have a chance to win those old titles,THEY WERE NOT EVEN A PART OF THAT LEAGUE! Correct me if im wrong,the Steelers are going after the 7th SUPER BOWL and the Packers are going after the 4th SUPER BOWL!!!!!!

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
People act like the merger created a new league. It didn't. The league has been around since what? 1920? How many Stoolers fans know that Pittsburgh and the Cardinals were once one team for a period of time? Does that mean because of that merger that a new Stoolers team was spun off, and therefore nothing before that counts?

I swear to God some people think that anything that happened before they were born didn't really happen. :frustrated:

LombardiChick

Reaction score
How is it the "SAME DAMNED LEAGUE" if many of the teams did not even have a chance to win those old titles,THEY WERE NOT EVEN A PART OF THAT LEAGUE! Correct me if im wrong,the Steelers are going after the 7th SUPER BOWL and the Packers are going after the 4th SUPER BOWL!!!!!!

There are teams in the NFL right now that did not even exist in the 1970s, who therefore had no chance to compete against the Steelers of that era.

I wonder if their fans recognize your championships.

See how stupid these arguments are?

Your Steelers have been around since 1933. You (and Bears fans...though I haven't seen them try it) are the last people who should be trying to argue that pre-1970s championships are meaningless.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
How is it the "SAME DAMNED LEAGUE" if many of the teams did not even have a chance to win those old titles,THEY WERE NOT EVEN A PART OF THAT LEAGUE!

Because it's the same league. National. Football. League. Founded 1920. Period. End of story.

Read that reeeeeeeally slowly so it absorbs. Please. Naaaaaaaational Foooooootbaaaaaall Leeeeeeague. Niiiiiiineteeeeeeeen Tweeeeeeeenty.

Correct me if im wrong,the Steelers are going after the 7th SUPER BOWL and the Packers are going after the 4th SUPER BOWL!!!!!!

Ok. You're wrong. Steelers are going for their 7th NFL Championship, Packers are going for their 13th. :happy0005:

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
There are teams in the NFL right now that did not even exist in the 1970s, therefore had no chance to compete against the Steelers of that era.

I wonder if their fans recognize your championships.

See how stupid these arguments are?

Your Steelers have been around since 1933. You (and Bears fans...though I haven't seen them try it) are the last people who should be trying to argue that pre-1970s championships are meaningless.

Oh, America can't claim any colonial history because when the country was first founded there were only 13 states, and so none of the other states that came later were around for that, so... American history only goes back to when the 50th state was added.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Because it's the same league. National. Football. League. Founded 1920. Period. End of story.

Read that reeeeeeeally slowly so it absorbs. Please. Naaaaaaaational Foooooootbaaaaaall Leeeeeeague. Niiiiiiineteeeeeeeen Tweeeeeeeenty.

Ok. You're wrong. Steelers are going for their 7th NFL Championship, Packers are going for their 13th. :happy0005:

Now that's some serious ownage, right there. :rotfl: :happy0005:

Members online

Latest posts