Steelers = THIEVES!!

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Oh, America can't claim any colonial history because when the country was first founded there were only 13 states, and so none of the other states that came later were around for that, so... American history only goes back to when the 50th state was added.

It's the same argument! OMG, you're right!

Stillernation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have respect for the Packers,Lombardi and all FOUNDERS of this great league we all love!You all are missing my point.Oh well,no one can argue the Steelers are chasing 7 SUPER BOWL wins and the Packers are chasing 4 SUPER BOWL wins.Since the merger of the LEAGUES in 1970,its more of an even playing field because we,and other teams are part of ONE league and all have a chance to win.Alot of teams werent even able to compete in your FORMER league because they were not part of it,so go ahead and enjoy those titles!FYI,you can call us the st**lers all you want,a noob joined our site(so called Steelers fan)and called you the fudge packers and he was banned,just sayin!Keep it classy,peace out!

Stillernation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, America can't claim any colonial history because when the country was first founded there were only 13 states, and so none of the other states that came later were around for that, so... American history only goes back to when the 50th state was added.
Stupid comparison!If we were states competing for something ,maybe.Nice try!

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I have respect for the Packers,Lombardi and all FOUNDERS of this great league we all love!You all are missing my point.Oh well,no one can argue the Steelers are chasing 7 SUPER BOWL wins and the Packers are chasing 4 SUPER BOWL wins.Since the merger of the LEAGUES in 1970,its more of an even playing field because we,and other teams are part of ONE league and all have a chance to win.Alot of teams werent even able to compete in your FORMER league because they were not part of it,so go ahead and enjoy those titles!

The Steelers were part of the league back then, too. Have been since the 30s. My team wasn't - we only have 3 NFL Championships. You don't see me trying to claim tbe earlier titles of older teams are illegitimate or don't count.

I mean, I get it. You're a Steeler fan, and you believe that the Steelers are the greatest team to ever hit the playing field. Enjoy that. Embrace it. Have fun with it. That's your right.

Thete's no law that says you have to live in reality, after all.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Stupid comparison!If we were states competing for something ,maybe.Nice try!

It wasn't just a try. But keep telling yourself that the NFL didn't exist before 1970, it it helps you sleep at night. I know that self-esteem is a fragile thing, and I'd hate for the real world to intrude on it.

pittguy578

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Steelers were part of the league back then, too. Have been since the 30s. My team wasn't - we only have 3 NFL Championships. You don't see me trying to claim tbe earlier titles of older teams are illegitimate or don't count.

I mean, I get it. You're a Steeler fan, and you believe that the Steelers are the greatest team to ever hit the playing field. Enjoy that. Embrace it. Have fun with it. That's your right.

Thete's no law that says you have to live in reality, after all.

There is no doubt the Steelers are the greatest team in the modern era. Pittsburgh was still a baseball town until the early 80's..the Pirates were king..then the Steelers took over. Steelers may have been "born" in the 30's, but they were basically an afterthought until the 70s.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
There is no doubt the Steelers are the greatest team in the modern era. Pittsburgh was still a baseball town until the early 80's..the Pirates were king..then the Steelers took over. Steelers may have been "born" in the 30's, but they were basically an afterthought until the 70s.

Not really the point, but at least you're not ignoring history :)

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys and Niners would probably like to debate that.

:chisux:

Yup. Plus, define "modern era". Post-Performance Enhancements ban in the league, the Steelers only have two titles. :p

Cheesehead Brittany

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PX0xYgm0QQ&feature=related]YouTube - Superbowl 30 *** Trophy Presentation Dallas Cowboys beat Pittsburgh Steelers[/ame]

does this super bowl count?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL.....You said it all,there WERE 2 different leagues,how is that comparable?I think it great that the Pack has 12 championships in other leagues,its also great that they have 3 Super Bowl wins,there are teams that wish they had 1.
Did the Steelers franchise changed after the merger?
If not, then what is the point? We have 6 more championships than you have, and we've disputed the same championships as you have.

You had the same number of chances as we did. We won 12 times. You won 6.

Just because you want to, the SB is not more valuable than past championships. The NFL recognizes them with the same value, thus why they say we have 12 world championships and not 9 championships and 3 SBs. Packers.com | Super Bowls & Championships

The SB is the supreme collective achievement of professional football. In those days, the championship was the supreme collective achievement of professional football.

Same value as a title.

Members online

Latest posts