Some of you will not like this.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
i agree with your general sentiment... this sucks so hard core.

but i still dont think Green Bay needs to do anything until Favre makes it known he wants back. Im not talking about rumors of papers being sent in or emails or faxes or freakin text messages.

Im talking a down and out statement of intent. until that happens. Favre is retired because thats all the real info we have to go on. We can't expect our team to respond quickly to every rumor we hear. thats a PR game you don't wanna play.

Oh I agree.. Brett should just end this crap as well.. are you in or are you out?

But, if the Packers are my company (wait I own stock), I want this PR nightmare over.. so I take action of these reports, I pick up the phone and I call Brett personally.. or better yet.. I hop on the corporate jet and arrive at Brett's gate in MS... and end this horseshit..

We together hold a press conference and announce the intentions, whatever they may be, and end the medias hayday of cooking up speculation on this story.

Sorry the world of professional sports is very open and public.. at times you need to handle things like this in the open and public.. end the embarrassment that this has become for the Packers and Favre.. whatever the outcome may be.

yeah i have to agree that a rumor of this magnitude does deserve to be addressed by all parties.

this blows.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RP - I disagree with you on this one, my friend. I think his legacy will be fine.

He's a prima donna, no doubt about that. But so is Jerry Rice. So was Michael Jordan. Doesn't change the fact that Brett Favre is in my not so humble opinion the greatest QB since '76 (when I started watching football).

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't care how many seasons Brett played or how many awesome plays he made. He isn't bigger than the Green Bay Packers. and by continually letting him do whatever it is he wants to do... you are making him just that .... bigger than the Packers.

he is bigger than the packers. jordan was bigger than the bulls. its the way it is

roger clemens used to decide a few months into the season whether or not he felt like playing. everyone welcomed him with open arms even though it might have stunted the growth of a young arm. it didnt matter because he was "one of the best of all time" and a "legend". All this has changed since the steroid allegations but i think you get the point.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
I really don't care how many seasons Brett played or how many awesome plays he made. He isn't bigger than the Green Bay Packers. and by continually letting him do whatever it is he wants to do... you are making him just that .... bigger than the Packers.

he is bigger than the packers. jordan was bigger than the bulls. its the way it is

no he isnt. not to me. not to Ted Thompson and not to any self respecting Packers fan.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and for the record the only thing we do know about Rodgers is that he will play through pain. he played on a broken foot. a broken foot, thats something i dont even remember Favre doing.

Favre foot too big too strong to break.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but coming off last season I was stoked about the upcoming season, Favre or not, I was excited to have the season get here.

This however has put a huge damper on my excitement and to be very honest, my excitement has turned to a flavor of disgust, one in which I now want the season to get here so this BS is behind us.

To me, the way both Brett and the Front Office are handling this is embarrassing as hell. Somebody from one side or the other step up and end this ****.. please.

Some say what is Ted suppose to do.. well it is quite simple, you either welcome Brett back and throw the chips that way, or you get your *** to MS and discuss what it is the Brett would like to do.. if you truly want to move on, then cut the cord and move on. And take whatever may come, come.

Somehow you need to stop this media bleeding of the Packer franchise, and turn the arrow of attention to Brett and Brett alone. Publicly welcoming him back ends the speculation from this side, or cutting the cord does that as well.

But sitting here doing nothing makes the franchise look like a bunch of fools.. or worse yet a franchise that is scared to make a choice. Put the attention on Brett as the wobbler.. not the way that it sits in the media now as the franchise is the party in indecision. Whether that is where it is or not, the preception is that the Packers aren't dealing with this situation.. and to be honest that is what I find embarrassing... grown men afraid to address the situation.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

i love the picture.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had it mapped out, to continue this 18 year run of winning football. If it goes down... it throws every single peice of work out the window and could very well send us into the 70s again once Favre does finally quit, which i know might suprise some of you that he actually will retire someday.

Im not very smart so you're going to have to explain this to me. How does Favre returning for a single season throw all of the work out the window? How does it put us in the 70's again once Favre quits after this season? will Greg Jennings & company be too old to catch passes? Will our offensive line be past its prime? Will Aaron Rodgers be past his prime as well next season? Will Ryan Grant be done as well? Will our defense be too old? Will Harris and Woodson be ready to call it quits next season? Will McCarthy forget how to coach if Favre comes back? Will TT forget how to draft replacements? Will he stop bringing in big name free agents every year like he normally does because of favre?

Cuz let me tell you something smart guy. If all of that stuff happens, it doesnt matter who is our quarterback next season, we wont win. Please stop with the dramatics and get back into reality. Favre's legacy will be fine, Rodgers will be fine, the team will be fine and all of us will be fine.

Get a grip

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:
Packnic said:
and for the record the only thing we do know about Rodgers is that he will play through pain. he played on a broken foot. a broken foot, thats something i dont even remember Favre doing.

LOL, I guess you would have to watch football to know this, I will forgive your future posts from now on.

Fact

Rodgers broke his foot
Rodgers played the rest of the game on that broken foot

Favre never played on a broken foot

~~~~~~
dd80, is those 3 things are correct, what was your point?

I played basketball for weeks on a broken foot and a dislocated patella in my knee. Suit me up McCarthy

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with De Real here.
Let's just say Favre comes back for one more year and Aaron gets pissed, but stays with the Packers.

We still have the #6 D in the NFL. We still have Ryan Grant, Gregorious, Driver, Donald Lee, and MM as our Coach. We still have TT drafting rookies, which he has proven to be very, very good at. Heck, another year with TT's drafts and we're only going to get better.

How would Favre be hurting the team? The only way he'd be hurting the team in reality is if he stunk in '08, and if so, bench him and start Aaron.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

:lol: That was funny, De Real Deal.

Packnic, Favre played with that broken thumb all season. He also had other injuries, yet he had perfect game playing attendance. He got a concussion once, went to the sidelines, puked and was back in the game.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Packnic said:

:lol: That was funny, De Real Deal.

Packnic, Favre played with that broken thumb all season. He also had other injuries, yet he had perfect game playing attendance. He got a concussion once, went to the sidelines, puked and was back in the game.

That's the point comparing Rodgers toughness to Favre's is utterly stupid. Keep digging man.

PackerFreak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I would say.... For many people.

The way that Brett has dragged this whole "I will I won't, I need to think, it is up to family, I want to spend time on the tractor, I might, I will, I should, but I should not, I will never wear another jersey." bull crap has gone on for the last 3 years has dropped Brett down from the list of greatest players/men in the history of the game.

Some would put Barry Sanders ahead of him now.

There are others that are moving up on the list ahead of where some people had Brett every time they log on and hear all of this crap, that is in fact truth and not media fodder.

Brett.... Dropping... Dropping... Dropping on the NFL Legacy list compared to if he just walked away and retired his number on Monday Night?

Thats crap. He could shoot someone and still keep his legacy in tact. He helped make the NFL what it is today.

Members online

Latest posts